Windows 10: Can't boot, stuck in a loop DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Discus and support Can't boot, stuck in a loop DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was using my computer under medium load and suddently got a BSOD. Now i can't boot, i get same BSOD over and over again before i can get into windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ungovernable, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Can't boot, stuck in a loop DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

I was using my computer under medium load and suddently got a BSOD. Now i can't boot, i get same BSOD over and over again before i can get into windows and it's stuck in a loop so it doesn't enter into recovery mode by itself.

I got a win10 usb key so i used this to get into recovery mode and i have access to command prompt right now

• SFC /scannow fails with error "There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart windows and run sfc again."
    • DISM doesnt work
    • Can't get into safe mode
    • /bcdedit will not work and bcdedit /enum says "the boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested system device cannot be found"
    • in command prompt, if i type "cd C:" it doesn't work and i can't see the root of my win10 ssd. however i can access other drivers
    • in bios, my 960 pro SSD is still detected in the boot devices
    • /fixmbr and /fixboot completed successfully but didnt fix the issue

Possible causes :
    • I recently upgraded to a Samsung 960 pro NVME SSD few weeks ago. Maybe it's dead ?
    • I had an automatic nvidia driver upgrade today, i was asked to reboot and clicked "later". Then BSOD. Maybe corrupted driver because the update couldnt finish ? Sometimes driver upgrades are trigerred in the background when rebooting.
    • Usual noob errors excluded here. I'm an experienced IT, this was a 100% stable machine all hardware tested and operating 24/7 since 9 months. Drivers were up to date, ram is memtested, cpu is stresstested, ssd was tested and benchmarked w ssd magician and hdd sentinel, windows was up to date, no malwares, no virus, etc.

config:
    Windows 10 Pro
    i7-6950x
    gtx 1080 titan x pascal
    samsung 960 pro nvme
    msi x99a

i'd really appreciate some help. Thanks !

:)

ungovernable, Apr 24, 2017

2. BSOD error || Error : PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

System entered a boot loop with the error DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION. I had to boot into safe mode and remove driver verifier's settings so the system would boot up properly. Here is the resulting dmp file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao0Qrxmadwobgst2f_7ACc7HdIBPAg

f54eebf3-9bda-48ae-9451-1fae34519d74, Apr 24, 2017
  3. Windows 10 BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_FAILED and UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

Dear ZigZag3143,

Thank you for responding to my message and addressing my problem.

I am not over-clocking anything. I just followed the instructions for the driver verifier and I am now stuck in a BSOD boot loop where I receive the message DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (IntelPcc.sys). I have entered cmd and tried to delete all existing
    settings so that it would no longer test my drivers but I can't get to my desktop anymore I just keep getting this blue screen.

If I could get to my desktop I could upload the DMPs but getting past this blue screen is proving to be difficult for me.

I hope this information is helpful,

Josh

JoshColmer, Apr 24, 2017
  4. lmaneke Win User

Can't boot, stuck in a loop DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Do you still have your old SSD? You may need to attempt a clean install to troubleshoot this issue.

I've seen this error before on a system that had a failing RAM stick and a Hard drive failing.

The system would attempt the boot, go through the spinning dots, and before it got to the lock screen, boom, BSOD like this one, also I would get the bsod "watchdog Violation".

I got a new hard drive for the system, did a clean install. Problem went away.

Usually a driver verifier error would indicate a hardware failure, or a bad driver.

You could also boot with your Windows Installation Media and see if you have any restore points available, and restore to an earlier point in time to get your system at least functional.

But, if you have a spare drive, do a clean install

lmaneke, Apr 24, 2017
  5. lmaneke Win User
    Also, after doing some research, it appears that this error pops up if there are issues with the video card driver. If you can restore your system, that would be a good thing to check is that.

Since you're in a boot loop, it's probably impossible to upload a BSOD dump file to determine the actual problem

lmaneke, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't boot, stuck in a loop DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

1. Can't boot, stuck in a loop DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION - Similar Threads - Can't boot stuck

2. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in boot loop: I accidentally deleted some system files and to clear our some space in c drive but now when i am restarting it it wont start keeps saying that your pc ran into a problem .ive tried restarting resetting using cloud and resetting using local but nothing worked i have crucial...
  3. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in boot loop: I accidentally deleted some system files and to clear our some space in c drive but now when i am restarting it it wont start keeps saying that your pc ran into a problem .ive tried restarting resetting using cloud and resetting using local but nothing worked i have crucial...
  4. Stuck in boot loop

Stuck in boot loop: I have been stuck in a boot loop for a while now and can't find any helpful tips. When I turn on my computer I have 2 options to choose an operating system or the advanced options. There is continue, use a device, use another operating system, and turn off your pc. There is...
  5. Stuck in boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in boot loop: I have been stuck in a boot loop for a while now and can't find any helpful tips. When I turn on my computer I have 2 options to choose an operating system or the advanced options. There is continue, use a device, use another operating system, and turn off your pc. There is...
  6. Driver_Verifier_Detected_Violation Blue screen Loop

Driver_Verifier_Detected_Violation Blue screen Loop: So yesterday I installed a new nvidia game-ready driver from their application and i’m using a Dell G15 Ryzen edition gaming laptop. I noticed that after the driver was installed my fps in my games dropped from the 200 normal to around 100. Other than that, it was running...
  7. Driver_Verifier_Detected_Violation Blue screen Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver_Verifier_Detected_Violation Blue screen Loop: So yesterday I installed a new nvidia game-ready driver from their application and i’m using a Dell G15 Ryzen edition gaming laptop. I noticed that after the driver was installed my fps in my games dropped from the 200 normal to around 100. Other than that, it was running...
  8. Driver_Verifier_Detected_Violation Blue screen Loop

9. Stuck in boot loop

Stuck in boot loop: Hi, we just bought a brand new computer a week ago and on the first day having it when we went to turn it on it wouldn’t. The lights turn on then it immediately shuts off and it does that over and over again. Doesn’t even get far enough for the screen to turn on. But when we...
  10. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Customization
    DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION: помогите решить проблему !проверил драйвера с помощью программы verifier.Iотличнона синем экране выдало- код остановки:DRIVER_VERYFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION Что вызвало проблему: netaapl64.sys что это такое и как это исправить???...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver verifier stuck in loop

2. driver verifier detected violation loop