Windows 10: Can't boot to installation

Discus and support Can't boot to installation in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/codseus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hockgo/cant_boot_to_installation/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/codseus, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Can't boot to installation

/u/codseus, Jul 9, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Jul 9, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Can't boot to installation

Can't Boot Windows 10

Did you run memtest86+ ?

Only follow the following if you have nothing on disk you need to save on the entire physical drive.. Disconnect all drives except your boot drive.

Boot with your boot media. On the very first screen

Press Shift + F10 (You should get command Prompt)
    Diskpart
    List Disk (should show your boot disk as disk 0)
    Select Disk 0
    clean
    Convert GPT (I assume you are booting UEFI)
    Exit
    Exit

Now continue your install. You don't need to delete partitions as suggested in tutorial. The above has wiped it. You should see your drive as all unallocated space. Basically step 13 of the tutorial

Caledon Ken, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Can't boot to installation

1. Can't boot to installation - Similar Threads - Can't boot installation

2. Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!: Hello, a few days ago i turned on my PC and my wallpaper was black and i couldnt use the taskbar. as i restarted it did automatic repairs, check disks and all that. ive tried them again and again and none of them have unfortunately worked and at times gave me a BSOD with the...
  3. Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!: Hello, a few days ago i turned on my PC and my wallpaper was black and i couldnt use the taskbar. as i restarted it did automatic repairs, check disks and all that. ive tried them again and again and none of them have unfortunately worked and at times gave me a BSOD with the...
  4. PC can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

PC can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!: Hello, a few days ago i turned on my PC and my wallpaper was black and i couldnt use the taskbar. as i restarted it did automatic repairs, check disks and all that. ive tried them again and again and none of them have unfortunately worked and at times gave me a BSOD with the...
  5. PC can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!: Hello, a few days ago i turned on my PC and my wallpaper was black and i couldnt use the taskbar. as i restarted it did automatic repairs, check disks and all that. ive tried them again and again and none of them have unfortunately worked and at times gave me a BSOD with the...
  6. Can't boot to proper Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot to proper Windows installation: Last night I tried to update my computer to the Windows 11 update. It downloaded and installed the update. It then went to the "finishing updates, don't shut your computer off" screen, but my computer crashed. After reboot, it showed an "undoing changes made to your computer"...
  7. Can't boot to proper Windows installation

Can't boot to proper Windows installation: Last night I tried to update my computer to the Windows 11 update. It downloaded and installed the update. It then went to the "finishing updates, don't shut your computer off" screen, but my computer crashed. After reboot, it showed an "undoing changes made to your computer"...
  8. Can't boot to proper Windows installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Can't boot into Windows Installation Media.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot into Windows Installation Media.: Title, it just gives me a black screen. Both secure and fast boot are disabled, UEFI only, I did try UEFI+Legacy but that didn't work. I have reflashed multiple times to no avail, my motherboard model is an MSI H170M PRO-VDH and I've got a GTX 1650 and i5 6400 in my system....
  10. Can't boot or install nor repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't boot or install nor repair: I tried to dual boot windows 10 pro 64 bit with windows 7 but I put the wrong disk in and ended up installing win 7 32 bit. :'( Now windows 10 won't boot Iv tried running repair but still same error. Bad_info or something with blue screen, but it boots into 7 and I can...