Windows 10: Can't boot to my Windows 10 installation....

Discus and support Can't boot to my Windows 10 installation.... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 installation on the same disk as my Windows 8.1 drive. A Linux installation is on the same drive and that can boot just fine. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hannele2, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Hannele2 Win User

Can't boot to my Windows 10 installation....

I have a Windows 10 installation on the same disk as my Windows 8.1 drive. A Linux installation is on the same drive and that can boot just fine. It's only Windows 10 that I can't boot to. Not even a doing a Startup repair solves the problem because startup repair doesn't seem to find the Windows 10 installation.

I am using the rEFInd boot manager but I can't get it to find Windows 10. Illustration attached to explain what the layout is. The EXT4 partition is the Linux OS. I am a bit out of my depth here - any tips what I can do?

Can't boot to my Windows 10 installation.... [​IMG]

:)

Hannele2, Jul 18, 2016

2. booting

i have win 10 installed on my pc , but its boot entry from boot menu is deleted ! so i can't boot into my windows 10. so how can i recover windows boot manager??

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

HemangVadgama, Jul 18, 2016
  3. Windows 10 bios issue.

My installation of windows 10 is completely broken and when I turn on the pc it just loads and then resets and repeats this never booting windows 10. My issue is that in order to install windows again I need to acces the one time boot menu but in order to
    acces the one time boot menu I need to power off from windows 10 while holding shift and then press esc or f11 (I don't remember). I can't do that because windows won't boot. How can I install windows 10 again?

AmyWalker_981, Jul 18, 2016
  4. Can't boot to my Windows 10 installation....

Run >> MSConfig >> Boot (TAB) and send a screenshot of it.

manish9009, Jul 19, 2016
  5. Hannele2 Win User
    Thanks Manish - screenshot below:

Hannele2, Jul 19, 2016
  6. Hannele2 Win User
    Strangely, the doing a boot repair from the Windows 10 CD didn't solve the problem.
    However there is a solution and I found it myself:

Boot from the Win10 CD / USB. Go into repair options and choose to open a command prompt. Navigate to the drive you want to fix. Likely to be mounted to either C or D but could be other letters depending on the configuration of your machine. Double-check, you don't want to mess this up.

Navigate into the Windows folder on that disk. Write the command bcdboot.exe x:\Windows , where X=the current letter for the drive you want to fix. In my case it was D in this situation. When booting from that disk it is of course C.

After having done that, all you need to do is reboot. Windows boot manager will now know about this installation.

Hannele2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't boot to my Windows 10 installation....

1. Can't boot to my Windows 10 installation.... - Similar Threads - Can't boot installation

2. Can't Install/boot Windows 10 with AMD motherboard

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Install/boot Windows 10 with AMD motherboard: Hi,I tried everything I found on the internet and I am yet able to boot Windows.The only way my SSD will be visible in BIOS is if I set it to LEGACY / CSM. UEFI won't detect any SSD, only my USB stick.So I changed it to CSM, converted my SDD driver to MBR, but than I received...
  3. Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!: Hello, a few days ago i turned on my PC and my wallpaper was black and i couldnt use the taskbar. as i restarted it did automatic repairs, check disks and all that. ive tried them again and again and none of them have unfortunately worked and at times gave me a BSOD with the...
  4. Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!: Hello, a few days ago i turned on my PC and my wallpaper was black and i couldnt use the taskbar. as i restarted it did automatic repairs, check disks and all that. ive tried them again and again and none of them have unfortunately worked and at times gave me a BSOD with the...
  5. Windows can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

6. PC can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!: Hello, a few days ago i turned on my PC and my wallpaper was black and i couldnt use the taskbar. as i restarted it did automatic repairs, check disks and all that. ive tried them again and again and none of them have unfortunately worked and at times gave me a BSOD with the...
  7. PC can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!: Hello, a few days ago i turned on my PC and my wallpaper was black and i couldnt use the taskbar. as i restarted it did automatic repairs, check disks and all that. ive tried them again and again and none of them have unfortunately worked and at times gave me a BSOD with the...
  8. PC can't boot. can't install Windows 10 either!

9. Can't boot to installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot to installation: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/codseus [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hockgo/cant_boot_to_installation/
  10. Windows 10 install. can't boot in Samsung laptop

Windows 10 install. can't boot in Samsung laptop: Hi, I’ve created bootable USB for Windows 10, 64 bit installation with several programs, none would boot on my Samsung 439 laptop. Not a new model but qualifies, i5 dual core; 4GB. The installation runs from this pendrive, if I click its Setup in File Explorer in a running...