Windows 10: Can't boot to proper Windows installation

Discus and support Can't boot to proper Windows installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last night I tried to update my computer to the Windows 11 update. It downloaded and installed the update. It then went to the "finishing updates,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JonahLippmann, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Can't boot to proper Windows installation

Last night I tried to update my computer to the Windows 11 update. It downloaded and installed the update. It then went to the "finishing updates, don't shut your computer off" screen, but my computer crashed. After reboot, it showed an "undoing changes made to your computer" screen, and when it opened Windows it was an old installation that I haven't used in months. I did not realize I had another Windows installation on my PC, but I have another disk drive that has a whole other installation of Windows on it. Ever since I tried this update, my PC won't let me boot to the proper drive. I have

:)

JonahLippmann, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Can't boot to proper Windows installation

1. Can't boot to proper Windows installation - Similar Threads - Can't boot proper

2. Need proper drivers, but can't install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need proper drivers, but can't install: I have an older HP desktop, 2nd generation i7, Pegatron 2AB5 motherboard, Samsung SSD. Using a Toshiba TV as monitor; also have external speakers connected at the back of the computer. Since installing the SSD and allowing the Windows 10 updates, I have no consistent sound...
  3. Need proper drivers, but can't install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need proper drivers, but can't install: I have an older HP desktop, 2nd generation i7, Pegatron 2AB5 motherboard, Samsung SSD. Using a Toshiba TV as monitor; also have external speakers connected at the back of the computer. Since installing the SSD and allowing the Windows 10 updates, I have no consistent sound...
  4. Can't boot to proper Windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't boot to proper Windows installation: Last night I tried to update my computer to the Windows 11 update. It downloaded and installed the update. It then went to the "finishing updates, don't shut your computer off" screen, but my computer crashed. After reboot, it showed an "undoing changes made to your computer"...
  5. Can't boot to proper Windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't boot to proper Windows installation: Last night I tried to update my computer to the Windows 11 update. It downloaded and installed the update. It then went to the "finishing updates, don't shut your computer off" screen, but my computer crashed. After reboot, it showed an "undoing changes made to your computer"...
  6. Windows not booting properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not booting properly: Hello everyone, I today randomly got the DPC Watchdog Error code. I just updated to a new version of Windows 10 last night. I can't reset my PC at all, I can't boot into Safe Mode, Windows doesn't let me do anything. I don't get beyond the startup bluescreen. I can reboot as...
  7. Windows 10 can't install properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 can't install properly: Hello! Some time ago, I used a bad software to resize my partition and windows got corrupted. No biggie, I pulled valuable data from the SSD and proceeded to install new OS. After choosing language and that kind of stuff, the PC shut down after some time and gave me some...
  8. Windows 10 not installing properly/not booting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not installing properly/not booting.: Hello. I previously had a Linux computer and wanted to replace it with Windows, since I need specific Windows programs that Linux unfortunately doesn't have. I have a USB with the Windows ISO burned on it, and I used this to install Windows on the laptop. However, after I...
  9. WiFi Driver can't be installed properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WiFi Driver can't be installed properly: Hi, I need the only network cable I currently have for another device, so I have to use my WiFi adapter on my PC for now. However, I noticed that it's very slow avg 5 Mbps. My internet connection is actually a lot faster avg 60 Mbps and it works fine on other devices and on...
  10. Clean install of windows not booting properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install of windows not booting properly: I recently got a new SSD (Kingston 120GB) and attempted to do a clean install of windows 10 via a USB drive. The process of installing onto the SSD itself worked fine, but when I restart the computer "insert proper boot device and press any key" error appears. The most...