Windows 10: Can't boot to Windows 10 after uninstalling Avast antivirus.

Discus and support Can't boot to Windows 10 after uninstalling Avast antivirus. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi i uninstalled avast free after noticing it run worse on windows 10. After I removed it via control panel I let my computer reboot. It was unable... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by socksnatcher, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Can't boot to Windows 10 after uninstalling Avast antivirus.

Hi i uninstalled avast free after noticing it run worse on windows 10. After I removed it via control panel I let my computer reboot.

It was unable to boot and i got caught in a "Automatic Repair Restart Loop"
    I went to the Advanced options in recovery options but unable to access any form of safe mode. Also for some reason none of my restore point/images appear. Tried to Reset the PC but keep my files but that process stops at 1% due to some unknown problem.

The only thing I'm able to access is Cmd Prompt.
    I'm unable to access or run the Avast clean install utility from the recovery menu since I can only guess the remnants of Avast is interfering with booting to windows 10.
    Im reluctant to do a factory restore since I have quite a few important files that I haven't backed up.

Please any help is appreciated.

:)

socksnatcher, Jan 16, 2016

2. windows defender

After uninstalling antivirus Avast I can't open windows defender. how to fix this problem?

NukriDarbaiseli, Jan 16, 2016
  3. Windows 10 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT only after 14328 update

Ok, after some persevering, it turns out that Avast! antivirus was causing the Memory_Management stop error when booting after the upgrade.

Uninstalled it in Safe Mode, booted normally and got straight in.

Just reinstalled Avast! antivirus, and all seems to be working so far.

Fingers Crossed.

lucifersangel87, Jan 16, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Can't boot to Windows 10 after uninstalling Avast antivirus.

Please try at least 3 times to repair your system with reboots between each.

What message did you get when this all started?

5. Starting "Automatic repair" "Diagnosing Computer" "Your PC did not start properly" >Advanced Options (repeat and loops)

where advanced options the only thing I'm able to access is the cmd prompt.
    the options safe mode, reset pc and keep files, and system image recovery do not work.

6. WHS
    whs Win User
    This is not the whole story. A simple uninstallation of a program does not create this situation. What else have you done.

7. unfortunately that's all i did. the computer started and restarted normally the day before.

i uninstalled avast. then rebooted. then this whole issue im having appeared.

i created several restore points but none are accessible.

8. axe0 New Member

An improper removal of an AV could cause this problem, I have had it once.

When your laptop restarted after uninstall, did you get any other message?

9. Just my acer splash screen and Starting "Automatic repair" "Diagnosing Computer" "Your PC did not start properly".

if i could access safe mode i could use the avastclear utility. but all my options are limited to cmd prompt. *Huh

10. WHS
    whs Win User
  11. socksnatcher, Jan 16, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
  13. Can't boot to Windows 10 after uninstalling Avast antivirus.

I ran chkdsk but still no resolution.
    I also ran farbar per another forums suggestion.
    C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\volsnap.sys IS MISSING <==== ATTENTION
    C:\Windows\System32\codeintegrity\Bootcat.cache IS MISSING <==== ATTENTION
    being the root of my problem and from microsoft support bootcat.cache needs to be deleted.
    how would i go about doing that in command prompt?

edit: after navigating to C:\ cd windows\system32\codeintegrity
    "del bootcat.cache" bootcat.cache could not be found.

any solution besides factory reset?

socksnatcher, Jan 17, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
  15. tried it but it hangs @ 1% and then shows that the task could not be finished. most likely at this point ill back up my files via cmd/notepad and do a factory reset. thanks all for your help

socksnatcher, Jan 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Can't boot to Windows 10 after uninstalling Avast antivirus. - Similar Threads - Can't boot uninstalling

2. How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus Completely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus Completely: Can anyone help me in uninstalling avast antivirus completely? I tried to uninstall it through device manager but it is not uninstalled completely. Need permanent solution of it. Thank You in advance....
  3. avast antivirus clear uninstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    avast antivirus clear uninstall: Every time i turn my pc on it ask me to choose a operating system how do i remove the avast antivirus clear uninstall option?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/avast-antivirus-clear-uninstall/00443096-023a-4461-8097-fd439d7dea41
  4. Avast AntiVirus Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Avast AntiVirus Bug: Hi team, I have been facing this problem from yesterday, Avast anti virus installing automatically , I didn't even download the setup and I am pretty much sure I uninstalled the Anti virus yesterday but When I logged in today the anti virus program was there , I have Mcfee...
  5. uninstall avast free antivirus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall avast free antivirus: I have windows 10. I recently uninstalled avast free antivirus. When I looked at windows defender firewall it stated it was under the control of avast and could not be activated. I done a search on C: and found many avast files remaining. I have used the avast removal tool...
  6. Uninstalling Avast Antivirus files in C:/Windows/WinSxS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling Avast Antivirus files in C:/Windows/WinSxS: Recently I downloaded an antivirus software called Avast but later decided to uninstall it. After I ran the uninstaller, I noticed some files remained in C:/Windows/WinSxS, and I couldn't delete them. I tried IoBit and changing the ownership of the file but it still will not...
  7. Is Avast a safe Antivirus?

Is Avast a safe Antivirus?: I recently found a free antivirus software called Avast. I'm just wondering if it is safe to install and if it is worth it. If you can, please answer ASAP. My McAfee is running out. I have seen other users encounter BSoD(STOP) errors and viruses that made its way onto the...
  8. Can't uninstall antivirus

Can't uninstall antivirus: Before I updated to Win10, I ws using Bitdefender, free version. It was working fine until the next update of Win10, during which MS Defender activated itself. I didn't realise this at first, but started getting dire warnings about viruses, but no amount of scanning could...
  9. Avast Antivirus Problem

Avast Antivirus Problem: Hi, I have a desktop PC and recently installed windows10 OS Then when that was up and running I went to install an antivirus. I wasn't aware that Windows Defender was part of the package and so I went to look for an antivirus program. I like Chome browser and read that...
  10. BSOD After windows 10 update/avast antivirus installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After windows 10 update/avast antivirus installation: Attachment 117791 I noticed the BSOD popping in about the time I've updated the recent windows 10 OR avast antivirus. I know the antivirus came first and the update of windows 10 came later, but some of the forums did mention that antivirus incompatibility might have...