Windows 10: Can't boot to Windows - urgent solution needed

Discus and support Can't boot to Windows - urgent solution needed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed a new graphics driver earlier today, and when windows rebooted it got as far as the Manufacturers logo and then the circulating booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pewe, Jan 20, 2017.

1. pewe Win User

Can't boot to Windows - urgent solution needed

I installed a new graphics driver earlier today, and when windows rebooted it got as far as the Manufacturers logo and then the circulating booting graphic would not stop - left it for an hour whilst doing something else.

I tried using a USB Windows recovery stick and tried to 'repair' the installation - but that reported couldn't repair, so I tried a system restore and chose a point before installing the graphics driver - but this reported that it was not successful (due to file problem).

I have a second drive with an older version of Windows 10 but I need some guidance on how to restart/repair the corrupt installation of windows without (hopefully) re-installing

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks.

:)

2. NaingLinn Win User

Windows 10 Start menu

Dear,

My Windows 10 start menu doesn't work and I can't access to open installed app/programs to use.

Please let me have the solution to solve and I need this very urgently.

Regards.

NaingLinn, Jan 20, 2017
  3. JoeObayda Win User
    Windows 10 install - can't now send emails

I installed Windows 10 and now I can't send any emails using Outlook 2007. I can receive ok and I checked the account settings which seemed ok and used the test facility. I still can't send any emails. URGENT solution needed.

JoeObayda, Jan 20, 2017
  4. Can't boot to Windows - urgent solution needed

First I would boot to windows safe mode and attempt a driver roll back or driver uninstall.

Caledon Ken, Jan 20, 2017
  5. pewe Win User
    But I can't get in to windows - and all safe mode options I've found seem to say that I need to get into windows before I can safe boot - so how do I boot to safe mode in Windows 10 without starting windows first

6. Anak Win User
    My method will take some explaining.

What you are trying to do is boot into safe mode: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...a.html#option6 to force the boot to allow you to go to the advanced options, at the bottom of option 6 step 4 it shows a screenshot where you can click on the See Advanced Repair Options button.

From there hopefully you can finish the boot into safe mode to reverse the driver install. In option one step 6 of the safe mode tutorial I would choose 4 or F4 to enter safe mode. If 4 doesn't work then try F4, the option to choose either one first is entirely yours.

Related:
    • There's a lot of option ones and sixes with a 4 and F4 thrown in so you may want to review the steps.
    • I'm unsure why the Safe Mode tutorial link is showing the word in, in the link, there's nothing showing in the parsing, but it will take you to option one step 1.

7. Avocado Win User
    Avocado, Jan 20, 2017
  8. pewe Win User

Thanks Guys - but I had already tried these suggested options.

However, in my OP I mentioned I had tried system restore which had failed, but when I put the corrupted drive back in and started the computer it loaded Windows (took a while) then reported successful restore to the point I had tried before which reported a failure.

Not sure what was going on, but I have now a running computer again and just need to run the installs/updates done since the last restore point.

Thanks for your input.

9. Anak Win User
    You're welcome, wish you good luck.

Anak, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't boot to Windows - urgent solution needed - Similar Threads - Can't boot urgent

2. Battery issue: needed solutions urgently!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery issue: needed solutions urgently!!: My hp notebook only charges till 99%, not till 100%. The hp support assistant tells me to calibrate my battery. The hp hardware diagnostic shows me the test is cancelled. my windows 11 22h2 drain faster too....
  3. Battery issue: needed solutions urgently!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery issue: needed solutions urgently!!: My hp notebook only charges till 99%, not till 100%. The hp support assistant tells me to calibrate my battery. The hp hardware diagnostic shows me the test is cancelled. my windows 11 22h2 drain faster too....
  4. Need urgent help windows 11 not booting up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need urgent help windows 11 not booting up.: When I try log into windows the logo pops up as usual but afterwards I get a werfault.exe message reading: the instruction at 0x00007ffa5f8d6266 referenced memory at 0x00007ffa4fv3c2ec. the required data was not placed into memory because of an i/o error status of 0xc000009c....
  5. Need urgent help windows 11 not booting up.

Need urgent help windows 11 not booting up.: When I try log into windows the logo pops up as usual but afterwards I get a werfault.exe message reading: the instruction at 0x00007ffa5f8d6266 referenced memory at 0x00007ffa4fv3c2ec. the required data was not placed into memory because of an i/o error status of 0xc000009c....
  6. Dual boot issue. URGENTLY NEED HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual boot issue. URGENTLY NEED HELP!!!: I was installing Kali Linux for dual boot and I also have Win 10 on my SSD.While i was installing Kali i just misscliked and encrypted my SSD with Windows 10 on it. Now i can’t boot into system and BIOS don’t see my SSD. Because it’s encrypted.Please I need your help i don’t...
  7. Dual boot issue. URGENTLY NEED HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual boot issue. URGENTLY NEED HELP!!!: I was installing Kali Linux for dual boot and I also have Win 10 on my SSD.While i was installing Kali i just misscliked and encrypted my SSD with Windows 10 on it. Now i can’t boot into system and BIOS don’t see my SSD. Because it’s encrypted.Please I need your help i don’t...
  8. Dual boot issue. URGENTLY NEED HELP!!!

9. Need urgent help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need urgent help: So a few weeks ago I was watching a video on YouTube and I got a blue screen with the message "Kmode exception not handled" and then the laptop didn't turn on again. So I went to a repair store and got Windows reinstalled. After that the laptop was good as new. Today it...
  10. Windows Unable to Boot (URGENT)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Unable to Boot (URGENT): Hey forum. Recently I chose to buy a new SSD when I began experiencing SMART events with my HDD. I immediately began to clone the drive to my SSD and replaced it only to learn that some Windows files went missing. Basically, the cloning messed up and I needed to revert back...