Windows 10: Can't boot up desktop PC

Discus and support Can't boot up desktop PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I turned on my computer on June 2, I first received a black screen with the windows icon and the following message: "Fixing C: Stage ___, Total... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MC_271, Jun 5, 2020.

1. MC_271 Win User

Can't boot up desktop PC

When I turned on my computer on June 2, I first received a black screen with the windows icon and the following message: "Fixing C: Stage ___, Total ____ %, ETA____". After that I was redirected to a blue screen with the white rotating dots, and have since been stuck on that screen. I tried turning off the CPU, waiting for 20-30 seconds, then turning it on again. When I did so, I received the Dell startup screen, the black screen with the windows icon once more, and then it returned to the blue screen with the white rotating dots. The computer was unresponsive when I pushed any buttons such as Ctrl-Alt-Del. When I returned to my PC a few hours later the word 'hibernating' had now appeared below the rotating dots.

I waited a little while longer and eventually it took me to the login screen, but once I got to the login screen I couldn't actually click on anything because my cursor was just the blue spinning wheel like when something is loading.

I've rebooted several times since then and have not been able to get past that point. It's not the same thing every time, sometimes I get the blue screen with the rotating dots again which eventually will take me to the login screen but it often takes a few hours before it does that that, and I've also gotten just a black screen where all I can see is the cursor.

I was able to get to the Windows recovery environment by holding down shift and clicking restarts on the login screen, and tried a few things there. I had a suspicion that this might have been the result of recent Windows update, as we had repeatedly received requests to update and had scheduled the update to a curb, although I'm not hundred percent sure that it actually happened because the computer may have not been on at the time we had scheduled the update. Startup repair didn't work, and neither did uninstalling the latest feature update. I was able to uninstall the latest quality update but when I tried to reboot my computer it reinstalled updates. I then tried a system restore, and was given an automatic restore point from the day before all of the problems started. The system restore occurs successfully when I logged in the desktop I still couldn't actually do anything , it was the same situation as before with the cursor.

I tried starting the computer in safe mode, that doesn't do anything either. I still get the same result once I get to the desktop.

The last time I was in safe mode though I tried clicking a couple of times to see what would happen, and I got a pop-up message. Will include photo in reply below. Please see photo of popup against black screen.When I right clicked something that said AMD Catalyst Control Center came up and gave me a few optionsand I tried clicking on display properties or something like that, but nothing came up.

Today I tried running the chkdsk and scannow commands from the WinRE command prompt. Chkdsk yielded no problems, but I was unable to run scan now.Will include photo in reply below.

Any suggestions as to next steps?

:)

MC_271, Jun 5, 2020

2. Desktop not booting :/

As suggested earlier, pull one stick; boot. Replace the stick and pull the other, boot. Post results.

satindemon4u, Jun 5, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Can't boot up desktop PC

PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Can't boot up desktop PC

1. Can't boot up desktop PC - Similar Threads - Can't boot desktop

2. Pc not booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc not booting up: Hey there. my pc is not booting up it keeps booting up to a black screen where it loads for 1 second then goes to windows screen and says "Preparing.." for 2 seconds then says "Restarting.." and restarts. It keeps looping this issue I can't access my desktop or any services I...
  3. Pc not booting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc not booting up: Hey there. my pc is not booting up it keeps booting up to a black screen where it loads for 1 second then goes to windows screen and says "Preparing.." for 2 seconds then says "Restarting.." and restarts. It keeps looping this issue I can't access my desktop or any services I...
  4. PC boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boot up: I shut down my computer at school packed it up, drove home and now it wont start up. It first tries to diagnose the problem with auto repair, but then the screen says sorry we ran into an issue. Then I try resetting my PC while saving local files, and try to do a system...
  5. Win 10 Desktop PC Boot up issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Desktop PC Boot up issue: Hi, my desktop PC suddenly stop working last week and now when trying to boot up it says there is an issue and just keeps trying to fix itself. It just keeps going round in circles and won't get past. I have tried opening in safe mode and still get the same issue. I suspect...
  6. PC not booting up

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC not booting up: My Lenovo all in one Pc did an update 2 days ago and now will switch on but, will not boot up! Suggestions please. I have tried all the usual pressing various F buttons when I switch on but without success. Thank you Rob...
  7. I can't boot up my pc

I can't boot up my pc: It started with the log in screen just going into a loop of trying to load the text box to let me type in my pass word, then it would close it. It would do this for several minutes until I kept trying to restart my pc. a couple of restarts later i get a critical process...
  8. Boot Up Time - Desktop PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot Up Time - Desktop PC: Have an HP desktop PC. It is taking over 1/2 hour ... about 40 minutes to boot up? Windows 10 ... can anyone provide any suggestion how I should proceed to address and/or fix this issue?...
  9. Windows can't find the file to boot up desktop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows can't find the file to boot up desktop?: So i plugged in an old hard drive, and it crashed my computer. it booted up with dell automatic repair, and it didn't work. i decided to do a wipe and reinstall on windows 10, which my computer gave me the option to do. it booted up with my desktop only containing the trash,...
  10. New Desktop Boot Up

New Desktop Boot Up: Hi I just got a new Acer desktop with windows 10 pre-installed on it from best buy, when I turned the computer on a little loading wheel with just a moment poped up on the screen it has now been about an hour and nothing has changed is this normal or should I restart the...