Windows 10: Can't boot up my computer--blue screen of death, but can't access administrator recovery...

Discus and support Can't boot up my computer--blue screen of death, but can't access administrator recovery... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer won't let me bootup. It gives me the blue screen of death, and I've tried going into troubleshoot, advanced options, and startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by minglinginthelobby, Jun 21, 2021.

1. Can't boot up my computer--blue screen of death, but can't access administrator recovery...

My computer won't let me bootup. It gives me the blue screen of death, and I've tried going into troubleshoot, advanced options, and startup repairs/system restore/cmd prompt/uninstall updates, etc. But the problem is, it won't let me access these recovery options because it has me log in to my administrator account, but my password isn't working. So I can't access recovery options and I can't boot up my computer to change the password manually from inside the computer so I'm pretty much screwed. I've even tried enabling safe mode and seeing what I can do from there, but it gives me the "Your

:)

minglinginthelobby, Jun 21, 2021

2. Blue Screen of death

Hi Cruize,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    • What is the exact error message you get on the screen?
    I would suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check.

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 21, 2021
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Blue screen of death issue

Hi Malcolm,

Blue screen of death error can be caused either by hardware failure or software compatibility. To help you resolve the blue screen of death issue, we would like to get more information:

• Please provide the complete stop error message that you are getting.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?

We recommend following the troubleshooting steps in the article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Should you need further help, you're always welcome to post back.

Ryan Pag, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Can't boot up my computer--blue screen of death, but can't access administrator recovery...

For over a week my PC wasn`t responding at all. Blue screen of death and not able to boot. Tried everything to no avail.

For over a week my PC wasn`t responding at all. Blue screen of death and not able to boot. Tried everything to no avail. It made me believe that the problem was with my device. Decided to buy a new PC and at first use, Windows started playing up again.
    Is Microsoft not responsible for this ? I should get my money back. IT IS A WINDOWS PROBLEM after all

albertocarvalho1, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

Can't boot up my computer--blue screen of death, but can't access administrator recovery...

1. Can't boot up my computer--blue screen of death, but can't access administrator recovery... - Similar Threads - Can't boot computer

2. Basically, Blue Screen of Death except I can't access automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Basically, Blue Screen of Death except I can't access automatic repair.: I can only access UEFI Firmware Settings. How do I access the command prompt through the UEFI Firmware Settings? If I can access the command prompt I can fix my Windows 10 and the blue screen....
  3. Basically, Blue Screen of Death except I can't access automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Basically, Blue Screen of Death except I can't access automatic repair.: I can only access UEFI Firmware Settings. How do I access the command prompt through the UEFI Firmware Settings? If I can access the command prompt I can fix my Windows 10 and the blue screen....
  4. Basically, Blue Screen of Death except I can't access automatic repair.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Blue Screen of Death Recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen of Death Recovery: I experienced some issues with updates that affected my ability to log onto my desktop. I had accidentally erased a system file OLE and couldn't play games on my computer. I had the brilliant idea of copying that file from my work computer onto my PC since both are 64 bit. It...
  6. Blue screen -> can't turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen -> can't turn on my computer: Recently I got a blue screen and it was stuck at 100% of "collecting data" so I manually held down the power button and turned off the machine. Now when I power it on again, I just get a black screen, I dont even get the screen which says press f2 for more options or...
  7. Blue screen of death: Can't boot windows and can't enter bios and i can't boot system on...

Blue screen of death: Can't boot windows and can't enter bios and i can't boot system on...: Pls help me: I have tried everything but nothing seems to work i can't do anything because the blue screen keeps occurring, i can't enter bios beacuse the keyboard doesn't work in pre-boot so i cannot boot the system on an USB flash disk to repair it. I NEED EVERY HELP....
  8. Can't open my laptop because blue screen of death.

Can't open my laptop because blue screen of death.: So I woke up opened my laptop and then it kept bsod the error code is REFERENCE BY POINTER. Please help I can't open anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-my-laptop-because-blue-screen-of-death/140bcbc6-2940-482d-b79a-c6df540e125b
  9. Can't boot up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot up my computer: on 8-5-19 Had an update come up on my desktop so I started the update. It started and stopped my computer several times then, the computer logo came up and that was it. Will not boot or boot from dvd, or flash drive. HELP!!! Even downloaded Windows 10 installation media....
  10. I can't fix the blue screen of death.

I can't fix the blue screen of death.: I have a the blue screen of death but it froze. I can't even manually turn it off because I'm using a laptop, how do I fix this, please explain....