Windows 10: Can't boot up my computer

Discus and support Can't boot up my computer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; on 8-5-19 Had an update come up on my desktop so I started the update. It started and stopped my computer several times then, the computer logo came up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by chrishughes9, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Can't boot up my computer

on 8-5-19 Had an update come up on my desktop so I started the update. It started and stopped my computer several times then, the computer logo came up and that was it. Will not boot or boot from dvd, or flash drive. HELP!!!

Even downloaded Windows 10 installation media.

:)

chrishughes9, Aug 16, 2019

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Aug 16, 2019
  3. nmrm Win User
    computer won't boot but has power

Kursah, that 6 steps are granted it always boots at the 6th step (sometimes at the 4th) and I have to remove the ethernet cable every time otherwise I'll have to do countless steps, that's a fact. I do not have Wake On Lan set.

4. GNJha Win User

Can't boot up my computer

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

Can't boot up my computer

1. Can't boot up my computer - Similar Threads - Can't boot computer

2. my friend's computer can't boot up and always show this window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my friend's computer can't boot up and always show this window.: as you could see from the picture i attached, his computer just can't boot up, and keep repeating the process: preparing to repair your computer, diagnosing your computer and what you could see in attached picture. we also tried those steps in advanced settings but it doesn't...
  3. my friend's computer can't boot up and always show this window.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my friend's computer can't boot up and always show this window.: as you could see from the picture i attached, his computer just can't boot up, and keep repeating the process: preparing to repair your computer, diagnosing your computer and what you could see in attached picture. we also tried those steps in advanced settings but it doesn't...
  4. Computer not booting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer not booting up: My computer with a detachable keyboard is in a loop where it say “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error” The shirt +F10 trick is not working.....
  5. Computer not booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not booting up: My computer with a detachable keyboard is in a loop where it say “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error” The shirt +F10 trick is not working.....
  6. Computer not booting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't start up my computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't start up my computer: Last night my computer wasn't running properly so I did what anyone would do and pushed restart but that has now led to it only allowing me to go to the opening lock screen and no further. Once that point has been reached my keyboard and mouse are no longer functional and the...
  8. My computer freezes on boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer freezes on boot up: My computer freezes when I try to boot it up, even when I try to go and troubleshoot it it goes straight to automatic repair and freezes, I tried to reset it before but it just didn’t work any solutions? Also when it goes into automatic repair the screen goes black and a cmd...
  9. Booting up computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting up computer: My computer has been working for many years perfectly fine I am now in an auto repair loop with the text ¨f:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\system32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail.txt¨ showing I have tried all the fixes nothing works can someone help me....
  10. My computer's boot up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer's boot up: So just today my computer has this issue where is boots and then it goes "please wait". Then it brings me to a screen where I select my keyboard. After that it gives me 2 options, troubleshoot or turn off your pc. When I try to reset with command prompt it says there was an...