Windows 10: can't boot Win 10 after recent update

Discus and support can't boot Win 10 after recent update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just did an update, it had one Windows defender update and and a KB something it downloaded, installed and asked me to reboot. I did this and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Trust_No1, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Trust_No1 Win User

can't boot Win 10 after recent update

I just did an update, it had one Windows defender update and and a KB something
    it downloaded, installed and asked me to reboot.
    I did this and it did the 20%, 30% thing before restart, it shut down and restarted
    upon start, I have been sitting for an hour with the Windows logo and spinning icon

anyone else have this issue?

[Edit Update]
    I had a dual boot system (win 7 & win TP),
    and it must have corrupted the boot record, my system couldn't detect the hard drive.
    just going to do a re-install of everything.

:)

Trust_No1, Dec 15, 2014
  2. Linney Win User

Win 10 won't boot after recent update

See if any of these offer a solution to a locked drive.

"The drive where windows is installed is locked,Unlock the drive" solution

"The drive where windows is installed is locked,Unlock the drive" solution - Windows Errors & Slolutions

Windows 8 0xc0000098 error

Windows 8 0xc0000098 error

Unable to use recovery options after booting into Windows 8 WinRE

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2826045/en-us

Unable to Refresh or Reset and receive error message “The drive where Windows is installed is locked.

Unable to Refresh or Reset and receive error message “The drive where Windows is installed is locked.

AFF Repair Station

http://www.hdd-tools.com/products/

The above has a $50 price tag.

Linney, Dec 15, 2014
  3. Lunarkim Win User
    Win 10 won't boot after recent update

I have been running Windows 10 64-bit for a few weeks now, after upgrading from Win 7.

After the initial few bugs were sorted, (start menu/task bar, cortana problems), it has been running great.

4 days ago it did one of its usual forced updates, and then restarted itself with the "Windows is installing updates, don't turn off your computer". I walked off and left it, but when I came back I found it had a black screen with a cursor rapidly moving
    to random places, and no hard drive activity. No button presses or mouse clicks achieved anything.

I forced a shutdown with the power button, and then restarted. It showed me the Samsung logo then straight back to the black screen with rapid cursor.

- I cannot enter safe mode, and my manufacturers recovery mode has been disabled during the upgrade.

- i have created a Windows 10 iso on my usb hdd, and after some time I have managed to boot into it. I am unable to use any of the recovery options as it tells me that "the drive where Windows is installed is locked" or "unable to reset PC. A required drive
    partition is missing"

The ONLY thing I can access is command prompt.

Lunarkim, Dec 15, 2014
  4. Superfly Win User

Updated fine on 9901... no reboot required. I also have triple boot with Mint 17.1 and Win8.1.

However it does not give details:

can't boot Win 10 after recent update [​IMG]

Superfly, Dec 15, 2014
Thema:

1. can't boot Win 10 after recent update - Similar Threads - can't boot recent

2. can't login after recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't login after recent update: My desktop with windows 11 was recently updated. I shut down the computer for the update. When I reloaded, it now shows me a screen that asks for my pin. I did not configure my desktop to do so. I configured it to ask for my password. If I enter my correct pin it tells me it...
  3. Win 10 can't boot or repair after interrupted update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 can't boot or repair after interrupted update: I'm stuck in a worsening Win 10 situation, so will appreciate any advice. Suspect to be registry or Windows image corruption, but no longer have RegBack and having trouble with DISM. Here's the sequence of events: 1 Laptop had very low disk space, but Windows still decided to...
  4. Win 10 can't boot or repair after interrupted update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 can't boot or repair after interrupted update: I'm stuck in a worsening Win 10 situation, so will appreciate any advice. Suspect to be registry or Windows image corruption, but no longer have RegBack and having trouble with DISM. Here's the sequence of events: 1 Laptop had very low disk space, but Windows still decided to...
  5. Win 10 can't boot or repair after interrupted update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 boot loop after recent update

Windows 10 boot loop after recent update: I had Win7 on one SSD. More than a year ago I installed Win10 on another SSD and made them dual boot. With the recent update, the Win10 OS couldn't start, would hang on the spinning circle screen. Reboot, attempt repairs, show message saying it could not fix the problem. I...
  7. SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER RECENT UPDATE IN WIN 10

SCREEN IS BLANK AFTER RECENT UPDATE IN WIN 10: I RESTARTED MY LAPTOP AT AROUND 8.30 AM (WIN 10 )STILL THE SCREEN IS BLANK DOES NOT SHOW ANYTHING . IS IT A PROBLEM OR THE UPDATE IS INSTALLING...
  8. win 10 no longer boots after update

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 no longer boots after update: I have now had three PC's from different manufacturers, but all using different Foxconn boards with the Intel H61 chipset and UEFI bios, all upgraded from Win 7 that have failed after a Win 10 update. By failed I am saying that on trying to boot, fans start, but clearly the...
  9. Win 10 does not boot after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 does not boot after update: Hi, My PC (win 10 pro 64bit) never boots after any update. I just see a black screen with those little white dots rotating on the lower half of the screen and they do that for hours. That nonsense started with the anniversary update a month or so ago. I have to turn the PC...
  10. win 10 boot looping after update

in Windows 10 Support
    win 10 boot looping after update: Upgraded to win 10 from win 7 online and there was an automatic update to win 10 a few days ago and the next time i restarted the desktop I am now stuck in a bootloop computer specs are at bottom of this post system restore does not work.... "need to specify which...