Windows 10: Cant boot Win 10 to Troubleshoot -- goes immediately to "Repairing disc drive - may take hours"

Discus and support Cant boot Win 10 to Troubleshoot -- goes immediately to "Repairing disc drive - may take hours" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Laptop ran for in excess of 36 hours with continual display of the Repairing Disc drive message. All attempts to reboot using F8 or Hold down Shift... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RaymondBarnhart, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Cant boot Win 10 to Troubleshoot -- goes immediately to "Repairing disc drive - may take hours"

Laptop ran for in excess of 36 hours with continual display of the Repairing Disc drive message. All attempts to reboot using F8 or Hold down Shift Key fail - moves immediately to "Diagnosing PC -- then Repairing Disc Drive etc."

:)

RaymondBarnhart, Oct 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 repairs itself and repair disc not booting.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "as the pc automatically tries to repair itself", are you able to boot to the computer?
    • When you say that "My repair disc won't boot my pc", are you referring that you are trying to perform system repair of the computer through repair disc?

If you want to repair the computer, then I suggest you to perform startup repair of the Computer and check if it helps.

If your repair disc is not working, then I recommend you to download the ISO file of Windows 10 from below Microsoft Help Article and create a Media Installation Disc.

Then try to perform the below methods and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/home

Boot the Computer with the Windows Installation Media:

1. Start (or boot) your computer from the installation media. Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer.

2. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so.

3. When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click on Repair your computer
    to start the Windows Recovery Mode.

4. In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click on
    Troubleshoot.

5. Click on Advanced Options.

6. Then on click on Startup Repair.

Please get back to us with an update on system repair issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Zeljko_05 Win User
    Win 10 doesn't recognize second Win XP ntfs formatted old data disc (not boot disc)

Hi,

sorry but I think that your suggestion doesn't have sense.

1) When SSD SanDisk Ultra II 240GB (Win 10 boot disc) is connected as the only
    disc drive, everything works OK.

2) When HDD WD Caviar 320 GB is connected as the second drive (data disc) running under Win XP (first drive is Win XP boot disc), it works OK.

3) When HDD WD Caviar is connected as the second drive (completly erased unformatted disc) in combination with the SSD
    SanDisk as the primary Win 10 boot disc, the Win 10 boot up crashes.

I really have no more intention to waste time diagnosing bugs of the operating system Windows 10, which by the way I paid dearly.

When you remove the obvious Win 10 bug, please let me know so I can connect the second drive.

Thank you for your help.

Zeljko_05, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Cant boot Win 10 to Troubleshoot -- goes immediately to "Repairing disc drive - may take hours"

cannot create repair disc

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with creating system repair disc. I will certainly help you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know please check if the CD/DVD drive is detecting in Device manager and check for yellow color exclamation mark next to it?

This issue could occur if the media is corrupted, hence you need to replace the media which you are using as some of the media may cause this type of issues while burning. Try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the
    issue.

Step 1.

In the search bar, type recdisc.exe and hit
    Enter.

Step 2.

• Now press Windows key + X and click
      Control Panel (All Items view), and click on the
      Backup and Restore
      icon.
    • Now click on the Create a System recovery disc link in the left blue pane.
    • Insert a blank CD or DVD into your CD/DVD drive and click on the Create disc button.
    NOTE: If you are prompted to insert a Windows installation disc, it means that the files needed to create the system repair disc cannot be found on your
    computer. Insert a Windows 10 installation disc.

• It will now start creating the System Repair Disc
    NOTE: If any Auto Play window pops up, just close it.

• When it's finished, click on the Close button.
    • Click on OK.
    • Now remove the remove and label your new Windows 10 System Repair Disc from the CD/DVD drive.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Ankit Rajput, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Cant boot Win 10 to Troubleshoot -- goes immediately to "Repairing disc drive - may take hours"

1. Cant boot Win 10 to Troubleshoot -- goes immediately to "Repairing disc drive - may take hours" - Similar Threads - Cant boot Troubleshoot

2. Booting Windows takes hours...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting Windows takes hours...: Short question:What does that mean, what can I do? Is this an update and I just have to wait? But it has yet been booting for hours... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-windows-takes-hours/70673c92-6e92-44ca-a98f-54cb91cbea75
  3. taking many hours to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taking many hours to boot: hiwin10 is taking many hours to boot , it takes nearly an hour or so at each stage. yesterday it was slightl5 faster .its been for about 5 hours showing blank desktop, blue loading circle and a partly populated task bar 'clock/date and ms brower search windowyesterday it ran...
  4. Disk repair taking hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk repair taking hours: Computer choked up and after reboot started repair specifically disk repair. It has been five hours already. It is a 1tb drive about 50% full. The drive was “hunting” while it was booting. I can hear the head moving as it is doing this repair. Another partition with Slackware...
  5. Disk repair taking hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk repair taking hours: Computer choked up and after reboot started repair specifically disk repair. It has been five hours already. It is a 1tb drive about 50% full. The drive was “hunting” while it was booting. I can hear the head moving as it is doing this repair. Another partition with Slackware...
  6. how to troubleshoot when win 10 startup repair cannot find boot drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to troubleshoot when win 10 startup repair cannot find boot drive: Startup repair fails when it can't find the boot drive on D: when in fact it is on C: and i can otherwise boot and run except for too many BSOD. The reasons for those BSOD were probably a program which i have now un-installed. My issue is that i need startup repair to work...
  7. Created the Repair Disc Win 10-64, How to get it to Boot?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Created the Repair Disc Win 10-64, How to get it to Boot?: I have created the ' Repair Disc for Windows 10-64 Bit', then turned off the PC and turned back on with said disk plugged in, nothing happened! I got back my normal window boot screen. Am I missing something? the wonderful MS intelligent directions called the created disk a...
  8. Can't create win 10 repair disc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't create win 10 repair disc: I tried to create a repair disc for an HP laptop but windows wants me to insert an installation disc. I don't have any. I upgraded it from win 8.1 to win 10 so I don't have an installation disc. How do I get over this requirement? My two Dell laptops created repair discs just...
  9. Troubleshooting and Repairing win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Troubleshooting and Repairing win 10: I am having a 'Shutdown' and 'Restart' freezing problem and am asking if there is any particular MS 'log' that might reveal what is causing the system to stop? Also, is there an "Error Code List" for win 10 that might reveal the source of the shutdown problem ? Thank...
  10. Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 Repair Disc will not repair: Hi.... Thank you for the forum. Hope you do not mind my asking for help. Been trying and searching for answers for a couple of days... I have given up. We upgraded to Win 10 as the free update so have no disc..I think this will be the root of all future problems. My...