Windows 10: Can't boot Windows 10 in Normal Startup, Use original boot configuration not working

Discus and support Can't boot Windows 10 in Normal Startup, Use original boot configuration not working in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i checked the steps mentioned in you site but these steps are not working for me, Windows 10 pro 64 bit seems to revert back to Selective StartUp. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Gihan Sobhi, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Can't boot Windows 10 in Normal Startup, Use original boot configuration not working

i checked the steps mentioned in you site but these steps are not working for me, Windows 10 pro 64 bit seems to revert back to Selective StartUp. My disc is always running at 100% .if i click Normal StartUp if apply does not become active.I also could not change from selective to normal boot. When I selected normal and hit apply it reverted to selective. also, 'use original boot configuration' is never enabled.

:)

Gihan Sobhi, Apr 30, 2021

2. Can't boot Windows 10 in Normal Startup, Use original boot configuration not working

Your suggestion did not work under the version of Windows 10 I am using. Trying to upgrade to latest version of windows 10, but it fails to install due to a mismatch in a system configuration not described.

I used "Safe Mode" to scan for viruses and malware but found none. After safe mode I cannot reset the boot so that Windows will revert back to NORMAL mode. Never had this problem before. Followed several suggestions. None worked.

HELP.

Gene Truelove, Software Engineer at *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 919-795-3053/919-552-3180

NanetteTruelove, Apr 30, 2021
  3. Can't boot Windows 10 in Normal Startup, Use original boot configuration not working

Hi Nkuma,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

Follow the below steps enable the Use original boot configuration:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the Boot tab.
    • Under Boot options check mark on the Safe mode.
    • Select the General tab.
    • You can see that the Selective startup option will be selected and the
      Use original boot configuration will be enabled.
    Follow the below steps to enable the Normal startup:

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Using System Configuration (msconfig).

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Apr 30, 2021
  4. nkuma2171 Win User

Can't boot Windows 10 in Normal Startup, Use original boot configuration not working

Can't boot Windows 10 in Normal Startup, Use original boot configuration not working

I had performed a clean boot on my Windows 10 PC. When I get back to the Normal startup which I did by selecting Normal startup under General tab in the System Configuration I can't. I am unable to boot
    in normal startup since after checking Normal Startup I reboot my PC it automatically shifts to selective startup.I want to Normal startup to be selected as the default startup. One more thing I
    like to tell which can help to guide me that Use original boot configuration under selective startup not working. This is greyed out.

Please help!

Numerous reboot and signing out went in vain. Please guide.

nkuma2171, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't boot Windows 10 in Normal Startup, Use original boot configuration not working - Similar Threads - Can't boot Normal

2. System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration

in Windows 10 News
    System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration: [ATTACH]If you are seeing System Configuration cannot save the original boot configuration for later restoration, Boot Changes will be reverted, The handle is invalid error, then in this guide, we have a few solutions that are sure to help you fix the issue on your Windows 11...
  3. can't boot normally into windows 10 after using driver verifier but can boot into safemode...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can't boot normally into windows 10 after using driver verifier but can boot into safemode...: I used driver verifier and had BSOD a few times trying to boot, and now I can't boot in at all normally. I tried sfc/scannow and it said no integrity violations, I used dism.exe, and I tried using bootrec /fixboot,/fixmbr, and /rebuildbcd from a usb drive, and I don't think...
  4. can't boot normally into windows 10 after using driver verifier but can boot into safemode...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't boot normally into windows 10 after using driver verifier but can boot into safemode...: I used driver verifier and had BSOD a few times trying to boot, and now I can't boot in at all normally. I tried sfc/scannow and it said no integrity violations, I used dism.exe, and I tried using bootrec /fixboot,/fixmbr, and /rebuildbcd from a usb drive, and I don't think...
  5. can't boot normally into windows 10 after using driver verifier but can boot into safemode...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. What does the "Use original boot configuration" do?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What does the "Use original boot configuration" do?: Under "General" in System Configuration, It is unticked by default to me.I want to know what it does and if I should enable it or leave it as is.Here is the image....
  7. Can't boot Windows 10 in Normal Startup If I choose Normal boot I can't boot and have to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't boot Windows 10 in Normal Startup If I choose Normal boot I can't boot and have to...: Thought I would give here a try to see if any one could help resolve this issue.But unlike others here with nearly same issue I can select Normal or Selective start-up however I have installed windows countless times now and it's always the same outcome. Ie.on clean install...
  8. Found this on x: boot after booting from an original win 10 dvd, is this normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Found this on x: boot after booting from an original win 10 dvd, is this normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kiyf3e/found_this_on_x_boot_after_booting_from_an/
  9. Unable to select: - "Use original boot configuration" in System Configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to select: - "Use original boot configuration" in System Configuration: After installing Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.450 on my HP 15-ba079sa Notebook, whenever I access the System Configuration Manager, I see that only the Selective startup option is available with no tick in "Use original boot configuration" Box. But, when I select the...
  10. Can't boot normal

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot normal: So last night my PC went into sleep. Then upon waking it up, it never displayed the login box to access my desktop again. Once I restarted the computer it would load into a grey screen where spinning dots never stopped. I've done some troubleshooting through command prompt in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to active normal boot