Windows 10: Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode

Discus and support Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Actually a few days ago, i accidentally marked C: drive as active and didn't marked the system reserved partition as active back againSo, while booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kasturika Muduli, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode

Actually a few days ago, i accidentally marked C: drive as active and didn't marked the system reserved partition as active back againSo, while booting up the pc, it shows that "No boot device found" My windows was installed in legacy mode and all data is stored in mbr partition as legacy supportsSo, if I am not wrong i just need to boot into windows 10, then repair and then go to command promt and finally mark the system reserved partition as active...Now coming upon the real issue, I don't understand what format does the usb need to be in and as I have only one Android device, I need to th

:)

Kasturika Muduli, Apr 30, 2022
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Apr 30, 2022
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Apr 30, 2022
  4. Agility Win User

Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode

Multi-bootable USB

Hey thanks solaris. I just used E2B on my USB stick and placed a Win 10 ISO inside the folder. But i could not get it to boot on my brother's PC who is running a Gigabyte GA-Z77-UP7 that has a UEFI bios setting. I've set to boot from both Legacy and UEFI boot roms but it just won't show Am i doing it wrong? The list of bootable devices does not show any USB HDD, only the lists of hard disk and SSD.

Would gladly need your help in some senization @Solaris17

Agility, Apr 30, 2022
Thema:

Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode

1. Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode - Similar Threads - Can't boot using

2. Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode: Actually a few days ago, i accidentally marked C: drive as active and didn't marked the system reserved partition as active back againSo, while booting up the pc, it shows that "No boot device found" My windows was installed in legacy mode and all data is stored in mbr...
  3. Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot windows 10 using bootable usb in legacy mode: Actually a few days ago, i accidentally marked C: drive as active and didn't marked the system reserved partition as active back againSo, while booting up the pc, it shows that "No boot device found" My windows was installed in legacy mode and all data is stored in mbr...
  4. Can't boot into bootable Windows 10 installation USB.

Can't boot into bootable Windows 10 installation USB.: Hello there. As the title says, I can't boot into my Windows 10 21H1 bootable usb drive with UEFI mode. I have created usbs with several methods such as Media Creation Tool, Rufus, manual etc; tried with FAT32 and NTFS, and they all had the same problem: whenever I selected...
  5. Can't install Windows 10 with USB Boot on SSD Legacy BIOS.

Can't install Windows 10 with USB Boot on SSD Legacy BIOS.: Hello, I am having trouble installing Windows 10 from scratch to my new SSD.I want to discard my old computer later on this year but i've decided to buy a very cheap SSD until that time to boost performance a little.Here are my specs: Processor: Intel Core I5 CPU 760 2.80GHz...
  6. Cannot boot Windows 10 from bootable USB

Cannot boot Windows 10 from bootable USB: I recently had hardware replacements on my laptop: motherboard and hard-disk, by the laptop manufacturer itself as my device is within the warranty period. I am trying to reinstall Windows 10. I have downloaded the latest Windows 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool and...
  7. Create a bootable flash drive for a UEFI system (not Legacy Boot mode)

Create a bootable flash drive for a UEFI system (not Legacy Boot mode): Below are two examples of instructions I was given a couple of years ago for creating a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive in order to be able to clean install Windows 10 on a UEFI boot only PC (not Legacy Boot mode). To create bootable UEFI USB flash drive for installing...
  8. Create a bootable flash drive for a UEFI system (not Legacy Boot mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    Create a bootable flash drive for a UEFI system (not Legacy Boot mode): Below are two examples of instructions I was given a couple of years ago for creating a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive in order to be able to clean install Windows 10 on a UEFI boot only PC (not Legacy Boot mode). To create bootable UEFI USB flash drive for installing...
  9. Booting windows 10 with legacy mode on or off, for dual boot with Mint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting windows 10 with legacy mode on or off, for dual boot with Mint: I have a desktop with a SSD of 250 GB running windows 10, I tried putting it into legacy mode in BIOS for dual booting with Linux Mint. But when I restart to check it, I get error 1962, no operating system found. I made a partition in C drive and installed Mint on it, but...
  10. Legacy boots usb fine but UEFI can't recognize it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Legacy boots usb fine but UEFI can't recognize it.: So i have a laptop with windows 10 And i downgraded it to windows 7 thus i change uefi to legacy but since drivers are not compatible with win7 i tried to clean install again in windows 10 using uefi but it cant be recognize unlike legacy. It always shows (no bootable device)...