Windows 10: Can't boot Windows 10 winRE, Non-system disk or disk error

Discus and support Can't boot Windows 10 winRE, Non-system disk or disk error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer got stuck in the Auto Startup Repair loop so I used the bootrec cmds, but I still couldn't get past the loading screen so then I attempted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NeonBliss, Oct 29, 2018.

1. NeonBliss Win User

Can't boot Windows 10 winRE, Non-system disk or disk error

My computer got stuck in the Auto Startup Repair loop so I used the bootrec cmds, but I still couldn't get past the loading screen so then I attempted a System Restore from a restore point, but the process froze at the finished prompt so I shut it down to try again. The second time around I only had a black screen and I couldn't get Windows Repair disk to boot.

I tried accessing my hdd using Puppy Linux to try to at least save my files, but I was only able to mount it in read-only mode the one time and was unable to backup anything I wanted to keep.

I tried going through Windows disk management and what I noticed is the partition where Windows 10 is located is no longer labeled with a drive letter or the Windows label. I tried assigning it a drive letter, but the whole thing just froze up/did not respond.

Is there anything else I can try to salvage some of my files? Or is it a futile attempt?

:)

NeonBliss, Oct 29, 2018
  2. coxmaster Win User

Windows 7, Non System Disk?

No A drive at all, and its set to boot from the SSD first, then everything else later.

Like I said, I can disconnect every drive except the SSD and still get the error. It seems to me like if it was a "non system disk" it wouldnt be able to boot, would it?

*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:Strange*Bang Head :banghead:*Bang Head :banghead:

coxmaster, Oct 29, 2018
  3. coxmaster Win User
    Windows 7, Non System Disk?

Its uncommon that I cant figure out how to solve these problems myself. But this one has be very confused.

Heres the situation: I just got my SSD (awesome btw); clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate on the SSD. I am still using my other 2 harddrives as storage.

Each time I boot the system, i get an error saying "Non system disk, press any key to continue." So i click whatever, and it loads the Windows Boot Manager to have me select which OS to use (only 1 installed/available?). It proceeds to boot just fine after that. So my question is, how do I fix the Non-System Disk errror? and how do I skip the Windows Boot Manager if i only have 1 OS?

Note: Yes, my SSD is the first drive set to boot from. I get this error even with the other drives disconnected. Tips?

coxmaster, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Can't boot Windows 10 winRE, Non-system disk or disk error

Non-system disk or disk error in Windows 10

Hi Aixa,

The Non-system disk or disk error usually occurs when the
    computer is unable to find an operating system on any of the storage devices. When this happens, the computer won't be able to load your
    Windows operating system. To determine what's causing this issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Can't boot Windows 10 winRE, Non-system disk or disk error

1. Can't boot Windows 10 winRE, Non-system disk or disk error - Similar Threads - Can't boot winRE

2. Hp z400 non system disk or disk error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp z400 non system disk or disk error: I have a hpz400 and im trying to figure out this errorPXE-E61:media test failureThis problem started yesterday when I tried to turn back on my PC, it states that it can't boot up my SSD or the SSD cant be found. I just want to clarify that I had taken my computer for repairs...
  3. Hp z400 non system disk or disk error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp z400 non system disk or disk error: I have a hpz400 and im trying to figure out this errorPXE-E61:media test failureThis problem started yesterday when I tried to turn back on my PC, it states that it can't boot up my SSD or the SSD cant be found. I just want to clarify that I had taken my computer for repairs...
  4. Hp z400 non system disk or disk error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fix Non-system disk or disk error Black screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Non-system disk or disk error Black screen on Windows 10: If when you boot your Windows 10 device, but the boot process fails and you’re confronted with the error message Non-system disk error or disk error on a black screen, you may want to continue reading this post as we will offer the solutions you can try to successfully...
  6. Non-System DIsk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Non-System DIsk: I'm using a ASUS TUF505DD-AL040, and decided to upgrade my hard drive, I installed it and used a boot key to reinstall windows 10. I got a "Non-system Disk " error and it seems I can't install windows. I tried to reinstall my old hard drive who still got windows 10 on it and...
  7. Non-system disk error

Non-system disk error: Hi, I was stuck on the windows 10 recovery blue screen like this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-wont-boot-stuck-on-blue-recovery-screen/084b8ddc-6ace-4581-a5d8-0491748dcb1a So I started to follow the solution that was told...
  8. Repair Disk Won't Boot with Non-System Disk or Disk Error

Repair Disk Won't Boot with Non-System Disk or Disk Error: Repair Disk won't boot with "Non-System Disk or Disk Error. Replace and press any key when ready." I have tried two different DVD/ROM drives installed on my Gateway desktop - and three repair disks. The repair disk is the only way to re-format the C drive before restoring...
  9. Windows 10 non-system disk or disk error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 non-system disk or disk error: I reinstall windows 10 using a third party software with my product key, I was able to successfully reinstall window. I install all of my software, installed all of Windows 10 current updates, create a restore point, created a recovery disk backing up all of my files (did...
  10. Non system disk but why ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Non system disk but why ?: Hi ! I am trying to make a image of my C drive. I go into the process and the F drive is checked and I cannot uncheck it. It is seen as a system drive but it's only a drive that stores data. [img] [img] Is there a way to fix this without loosing all the data...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 non-system disk

2. non-system disk or disk error Windows 10