Windows 10: Can't Boot Windows 10

Discus and support Can't Boot Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have built a gaming computer and installed Windows 10. Everything was working fine for a couple of hours. The only thing I can figure is that when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by blakebrady2, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Can't Boot Windows 10

I have built a gaming computer and installed Windows 10. Everything was working fine for a couple of hours. The only thing I can figure is that when I plugged in a wireless mouse it messed something up. The mouse wouldn't work while in Windows 10. I got the infamous Blue Screen of Death. It tried to repair itself but didn't make it past 67%. I haven't been able to boot into Windows 10 since. I have tried everything it seems. Now when I get to the Installing Windows window, It copies Windows Files, but when attempting to Get Files Ready For Installation it fails. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

blakebrady2, Oct 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Can't Boot Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Can't Boot Windows 10

1. Can't Boot Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't Boot

2. Windows 10 install. can't boot in Samsung laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 install. can't boot in Samsung laptop: Hi, I’ve created bootable USB for Windows 10, 64 bit installation with several programs, none would boot on my Samsung 439 laptop. Not a new model but qualifies, i5 dual core; 4GB. The installation runs from this pendrive, if I click its Setup in File Explorer in a running...
  3. Can't get to desktop or boot Windows. Looping error screen: "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get to desktop or boot Windows. Looping error screen: "SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT...: Hi all, I had a different problem, which I posted about here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updates-failing-stuck-on-version-1709/cbc28cc5-0b51-4aa5-9655-a8ab82ee3157 Something must have gone wrong while following the advice offered...
  4. Windows 10 Laptop boots up a black screen after "automatic repair" and I can't do anything.

Windows 10 Laptop boots up a black screen after "automatic repair" and I can't do anything.: Ever since I installed Microsoft NET framework update, my laptop won't boot up. It fails to boot, enters automatic repair and loads up a black screen with a cursor on it. Nothing is accesable, nothing works. I cannot enter the boot recovery either "on and off three times"...
  5. Can't get out of Clean Boot mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't get out of Clean Boot mode: I went into Clean Boot to see what was slowing down my Gateway nv55s14u. I noticed in Task Manager that the disk was full so I went and found the culprit. (Of course, the computer is still crazy slow even after that but that's another problem.) I click on "normal startup"...
  6. I can't find my USB flash drive in the boot order settings.

I can't find my USB flash drive in the boot order settings.: The only things listed there are: CD/DVD USB CD/DVD Hard Disk : Windows Boot Manager (ADATA SX6000NP) USB Hard Disk Network : UEFI : PXE IP4 KIller PCIe Network Controller Disabled And because of that, the only options I can boot into is the network and the Hard Disk....
  7. BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot

BIOS / UEFI - can't USB boot: Hi, Problem I'm trying to boot from a USB pen ( Windows Install, Hirens, Any OTHER ) The problem is it sometimes works , sometimes as in Windows installer works when I wipe the on board drive. I can't get it to boot to anything else even when the on board drive it...
  8. Can't boot system from SSD - can't find winload.efi file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't boot system from SSD - can't find winload.efi file: Hello! I wanted to upgrade my Sony VAIO with Windows 10 from the original 750 Gb HDD to a new 1 Tb SSD (SanDisk Ultra). I downloaded Macrium Reflect to clone my HDD to the SSD and after doing the cloning, I installed the SSD in my computer and turned it on, but the system...
  9. Can't get on windows or boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't get on windows or boot into safe mode: ive been having trouble without my computer for a while now but I saw that deleting some of The registry keys would fix my problem. What I deleted was HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList\s-1-5-18/profileimage now I cant login in and...
  10. Can't boot up without it asking for either a pin or password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't boot up without it asking for either a pin or password: Hi, I had to format the C drive that windows was installed on yesterday. Previous to that I used to press my power button, then shortly after that my desktop came up and I was ready to go. This does not now happen, and I want to get it back to what it was like before. So...