Windows 10: Can't Boot Windows 10

Discus and support Can't Boot Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have built a gaming computer and installed Windows 10. Everything was working fine for a couple of hours. The only thing I can figure is that when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by blakebrady2, Oct 12, 2018.

1. blakebrady2 Win User

Can't Boot Windows 10

I have built a gaming computer and installed Windows 10. Everything was working fine for a couple of hours. The only thing I can figure is that when I plugged in a wireless mouse it messed something up. The mouse wouldn't work while in Windows 10. I got the infamous Blue Screen of Death. It tried to repair itself but didn't make it past 67%. I haven't been able to boot into Windows 10 since. I have tried everything it seems. Now when I get to the Installing Windows window, It copies Windows Files, but when attempting to Get Files Ready For Installation it fails. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

blakebrady2, Oct 12, 2018
  2. TRUELOVE95 Win User

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Can't Boot Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Can't Boot Windows 10

1. Can't Boot Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't Boot

2. I installed .net Framework 4.7.2 and my windows broke up.(Bsod - can't boot windows)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I installed .net Framework 4.7.2 and my windows broke up.(Bsod - can't boot windows): Hello, i was playing game and suddenly started crashing (GTAV).When i went to windows log it says this: Faulting application name: GTA5.exe, version: 1.0.350.1, time stamp: 0x5540cf19 Faulting module name: clr.dll, version: 4.7.2098.0, time stamp: 0x59028c32 Exception code:...
  3. Surface Pro 4 boot loop - can't boot to UEFI or from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Pro 4 boot loop - can't boot to UEFI or from USB: Hello, at the UEFI I accidently deleted the Windows Boot Manager. After I restarted, the Surface was stuck in an infinite boot loop. Additionally I can't boot to UEFI or from USB anymore. I already tried a lot of troubleshooting, like the official guides and unofficial ones....
  4. Can't boot Win10 with hyperthreading enabled (dual Xeon)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't boot Win10 with hyperthreading enabled (dual Xeon): Hi, for a while now I have been unable to enable my hyperthreading and start windows 10 . When Hyperthreading is enabled in BIOS, it loads up to the point where the windows logo appears, then loads a couple seconds more, then reboots... in a loop up to the point where you...
  5. Laptop stuck in repair mode & can't get it to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop stuck in repair mode & can't get it to boot from USB: Hi! I have a Acer Aspire ES13, it has only 28gb of memory, Recently i installed 2 apps and chose them to open at startup, Now my laptop is stuck in repair mode, i tried troubleshooting and all the options and i keep getting back to the blue repair screen. I tried to...
  6. Can't boot Windows 10, can't hit f8, and also can't auto repair or reset because I lost the...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't boot Windows 10, can't hit f8, and also can't auto repair or reset because I lost the...: Running Windows10 on a gateway pc. The problem is something has corrupted my ability to boot and now I'm getting blue screen error upon boot. After failing to boot a couple of times it will automatically attempt to repair startup, BUT to do that it demands a password to...
  7. Can't access disk during boot with newly installed raid disks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't access disk during boot with newly installed raid disks: I'm using win10 and I'm updating my disks with intel vroc. I can install new system on the raid disk with loading the vroc driver during installation and successfully boot into this new system. But when I want to use the old system without windows installation with vroc...
  8. BSOD: System thread exception not handled. Can't boot into windows, recovery or anything

BSOD: System thread exception not handled. Can't boot into windows, recovery or anything: Hello, So my pc was working perfectly normal until two days ago I tried to turn it on and it took me straight to BSOD. First one was: system thread exception not handled Then it reboots and goes to a windows insider BSOD which says: system service exception. It just keeps...
  9. Can't boot my laptop in normal mode

Can't boot my laptop in normal mode: it all started a month ago when i was playing a game on my laptop as usual. Then i decided to watch a movie and when i opened windows explorer it got stucked after it opened. Usually if something like that happens it only lasts for 30 or 40 seconds but it lasted for more than...
  10. Can't Turm off Fast Boot and/or Hibernation(?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Turm off Fast Boot and/or Hibernation(?): Running up to date Windows 10 Home. I have tried the registry settings, what the power button does via Control Panel and turned Fast Boot off in my bios but still win10 boots within seconds (running SSD). I would like to have the whole os to shut down when I power down. Any...