Windows 10: Can‘t boot windows after restarting in save mode.

Discus and support Can‘t boot windows after restarting in save mode. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I restarted in save mode and got a bluescreen. When i tried to type „cd c:\“ in cmd i get „this file or directory is damaged and unreadable“. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fusion63, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Can‘t boot windows after restarting in save mode.

I restarted in save mode and got a bluescreen. When i tried to type „cd c:\“ in cmd i get „this file or directory is damaged and unreadable“. What could cause this problem?

submitted by /u/Fusion63
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Fusion63, Dec 24, 2020
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Dec 24, 2020
  3. PC stuck in Safe mode, unable to boot to Normal mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What error do you get when you try to boot in normal mode?
    • Did you entered Safe mode through Windows Recovery Environment or through System Config?

I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it works:

• Press Windows key + R and type msconfig and hit enter.
    • On the General tab, tap or click the Normal Startup option.
    • On the Boot tab, uncheck all the option under Safe mode.
    • Tap or click OK, when you are prompted to restart the computer, tap or click Restart.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Dec 24, 2020
  4. Can‘t boot windows after restarting in save mode.

Safe mode reset

Hi Oliver,

It's possible that your device is set to boot in Safe Mode. I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R to open Run Dialog box.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Under General tab, choose Normal startup if it's not selected already.
    • Now, go to Boot tab, uncheck the Safe Boot
      option if it is checked.
    • Click OK to save the changes and restart the device to boot in Normal mode.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance, we'll be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Dec 24, 2020
Thema:

Can‘t boot windows after restarting in save mode.

1. Can‘t boot windows after restarting in save mode. - Similar Threads - Can‘t boot restarting

2. Desktop Changes Not Saving After Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Changes Not Saving After Restart: To be more specific, when I try to use the context menu to change the desktop icons making the big, small, etc, those changes don't save after restarting....
  3. Desktop Changes Not Saving After Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Changes Not Saving After Restart: To be more specific, when I try to use the context menu to change the desktop icons making the big, small, etc, those changes don't save after restarting....
  4. PC not saving after restart?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PC not saving after restart?: I don't know why but my pc just started having problems. Every time I restart the pc it does not get rid of my apps but it just makes redownload them and my web browser passwords are not saving? Also my pc is a custom built gaming pc that has windows 10 on it and says i...
  5. Can‘t Login to Windows

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can‘t Login to Windows: Split from this thread. So the solution worked for a fitst day. But now it is much worse. Now I can not login to windows with my work accounts. I am getting error 80180002. Being admin I have change settings MDM and MAM in Azure AD for one of the accounts, but it only...
  6. Settings Not Saving After Restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Not Saving After Restart: I recently purchased a new laptop and have set it up to my liking. I've pinned certain programs to the taskbar, I've configured my mouse settings, I've set up my default browser to Google Chrome, and a few other things. However, every time I restart my laptop, the settings go...
  7. PC Boots up into power saving mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Boots up into power saving mode: Hi, My pc was working fine. When I moved it from my brothers house to my, it booted up into power saving mode. Could you please help. I have removed the ram and wiped the copper slots, however it has not solved the problem. Please help. AO...
  8. my system shows Entering power save mode after every restart

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    my system shows Entering power save mode after every restart: my system shows Entering power save mode after every restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-system-shows-entering-power-save-mode-after/8c23f70c-71e3-4ca0-8a3a-53e6d2498d04
  9. Can‘t reset Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can‘t reset Windows 10: So I wanted to reset my PC so I can give it to my brother. I have Windows 10 on my Mac 2015 (Bootcamp). I choose the ”only delete my files“ option when resetting. It goes to the black windows screen and only goes to 46%, crashes and goes back to the blue menu. I tried...
  10. Can‘t boot Windows 10 or log into safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can‘t boot Windows 10 or log into safe mode: Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me because I’m on the verge of Insanity. I have a Windows PC, with the Intel 2600 K processor, a Geforce GTX 580, 16 GB ram and 1 TB hard drive. I’ve had the same computer since 2011, filled with many personal files videos and...