Windows 10: Can’t boot windows

Discus and support Can’t boot windows in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi I recently had a crash (was trying to restart my pc because it was behaving odd, but it crashed before it could restart) and now it wont properly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Trindalas, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Trindalas Win User

Can’t boot windows

Hi I recently had a crash (was trying to restart my pc because it was behaving odd, but it crashed before it could restart) and now it wont properly boot. Sometimes it gives a blue screen immediately (0xc000021a) and shuts down.
    Ive tried running quite a few repair options but I seem to be running into obstacles with all of them. Startup repair wont work, it just goes into an infinite loop. There is a restore point but restore fails to finish properly. Sfc finds corrupt files but cant fix them. Trying to reset my pc with the installation media wont complete successfully and just undoes the changes. DISM cant find the files it needs to restore the files either (using the install iso mounted to a usb, pointing it to the esd file in the x64 folder gives the error, and does the same thing if I extract the windows 10 pro install.wim from that and point it to that instead. I dont know what my actual windows version is as Im not sure how to check that from command prompt. I also tried the bcd(I believe that was the command? I forget Ive been working on this for several days) but the second command you put in during that process says access denied so the rest of course didnt work either. Ill get my version number if that will help if someone would care to tell me how to get that.

:)

Trindalas, Jul 13, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jul 13, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Can’t boot windows

freaksavior, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Can’t boot windows

1. Can’t boot windows - Similar Threads - Can’t boot

2. URGENT: Can’t boot into PC due to kernel errors & cannot access important data. error...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    URGENT: Can’t boot into PC due to kernel errors & cannot access important data. error...: Out of the blue, the other day when turning on my computer I got ablue screen with an error message. Below is an exact copy of themessage I get: “Recovery Your PC couldn’tstart properly The operatingsystem couldn’t be loaded because the kernel is missing or...
  3. C: Windows Drive and D: swapped, Windows confused and can’t boot

C: Windows Drive and D: swapped, Windows confused and can’t boot: Hello. My C: drive which has my Windows files and my local drive D: swapped labels. I tried changing it in Regedit using Microsoft’s guide, but no luck. Reassigning letters in DISKPART doesn’t do anything, either. In BIOS, no boot devices are shown. After installing a...
  4. C: Windows drive and D: swapped. Windows can’t boot

C: Windows drive and D: swapped. Windows can’t boot: Hello. My C: drive which has my Windows files and my local drive D: swapped labels. I tried changing it in Regedit using Microsoft’s guide, but no luck. Reassigning letters in DISKPART doesn’t do anything, either. In BIOS, no boot devices are shown. After installing a...
  5. C: Windows drive and D: swapped spontaneously, and Windows can’t boot

C: Windows drive and D: swapped spontaneously, and Windows can’t boot: Hello. My C: drive which has my Windows files and my local drive D: swapped labels. I tried changing it in Regedit using Microsoft’s guide, but no luck. Reassigning letters in DISKPART doesn’t do anything, either. In BIOS, no boot devices are shown. After installing a...
  6. C: Windows drive and D: swapped and Windows can’t boot

C: Windows drive and D: swapped and Windows can’t boot: Hello. My C: drive which has my Windows files and my local drive D: swapped labels. I tried changing it in Regedit using Microsoft’s guide, but no luck. Reassigning letters in DISKPART doesn’t do anything, either. In BIOS, no boot devices are shown. After installing a...
  7. C: Windows Drive and D: swapped, Windows is confused and can’t boot.

C: Windows Drive and D: swapped, Windows is confused and can’t boot.: Hello. My C: drive which has my Windows files and my local drive D: swapped labels. I tried changing it in Regedit using Microsoft’s guide, but no luck. Reassigning letters in DISKPART doesn’t do anything, either. In BIOS, no boot devices are shown. After installing a...
  8. windows not working pc loads but not windows. i can’t get into windows it keeps booting up...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows not working pc loads but not windows. i can’t get into windows it keeps booting up...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cheesynochos666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lb2fla/windows_not_working_pc_loads_but_not_windows_i/
  9. How do I install gpu drivers if I can’t get the computer to boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I install gpu drivers if I can’t get the computer to boot: I put in a new harddrive for my computer and installed windows and my computer kept blue screening, eventually I got to a black screen that just says “nvidia control panel not found” and I assume this means I need to install the drivers for my gpu but I cannot get my pc to...
  10. Help can’t boot windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Help can’t boot windows 10: Sorry Im replying instead of posting my own thread but it wont allow mobile devices to post I have tried every option on the recovery screen but cant boot into safe mode I am able to get to the bios its boot is (UEFI) Im running only one OS on a Lenovo Y700-141Sk in command...