Windows 10: Can’t boot

Discus and support Can’t boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get a message saying « Reboot and select proper boot device ... When I try to reboot I get the same message. What can I do? Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NormanStein, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Can’t boot

I get a message saying « Reboot and select proper boot device ...

When I try to reboot I get the same message.

What can I do? Thanks.

:)

NormanStein, Sep 25, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Sep 25, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Sep 25, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can’t boot

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can’t boot :cool:

jmcslob, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Can’t boot

1. Can’t boot - Similar Threads - Can’t boot

2. Can’t access boot options in BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t access boot options in BIOS: In the BIOS I can’t get into the boot settings unless I have my HDD plugged in. So I took the HDD out and installed e SSD so that it could only launch off SSD and now in the bios it’s not even letting me choose what to use as boot option 1. If I check the boot sequence by...
  3. Can’t get system to boot up off SSD

Can’t get system to boot up off SSD: I recently got a new SSD and I’ve installed windows 10 onto it but I can’t seem to get my pc to start up off of the SSD. I have a a gigabyte z370 if that’s of any use. I’ve gone into the BIOS and have tried to put the boot option 1 as the SSD but it doesn’t work. My system...
  4. Can’t get rid of “in installation” program, won’t boot anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can’t get rid of “in installation” program, won’t boot anymore: Hi I was installing solidworks on my windows 10 system when the installation went bad. So I stupidly decided to cancel everything and delete the download that i had. I deleted all the program files without uninstalling the setup and other connected programs like an idiot. I...
  5. I literally can’t boot.

I literally can’t boot.: My pc had some hard drive issues before, a few days ago I replaced the broken hard drive with a new one but now whenever I try to boot the pc, it gets stuck at “Please wait” for ~1 min and just gets shutted down without any blue screens or any kind of message. The guys from...
  6. Can’t boot Windows when drive is cloned

Can’t boot Windows when drive is cloned: I am trying to move my Windows install from a RAID0 to a single SSD. The raid is setup using AMD raid Xpert utility, and so used amd-raid drivers. I used Acronis to clone the drive over to the single SSD. When I boot using the single drive Windows boots into a black screen....
  7. Windows 10 can’t boot and says it cannot be repaired

Windows 10 can’t boot and says it cannot be repaired: Screenshots So after I built my second PC, I took my old SSD from my first build and put it into my second one. I realize now that this was really dumb and I didn’t even think about all the issues that would come up with doing that. It booted fine the first two times, but I...
  8. I can’t get windows 10 installer to boot on startup.

I can’t get windows 10 installer to boot on startup.: This is a new build that I set up yesterday: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/sPyPRk All the components start up and register well in the bios (from what I can tell that is). The I hopped on my MacBook and download the windows 10 iso from the software download page, I already...
  9. Can’t boot up windows

Can’t boot up windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/misterchow21 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7tspp/cant_boot_up_windows/
  10. Can’t boot into Windows 10 Installation Tool after uninstalling Ubuntu..then it gets stuck...

Can’t boot into Windows 10 Installation Tool after uninstalling Ubuntu..then it gets stuck...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dehyy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3xsej/cant_boot_into_windows_10_installation_tool_after/