Windows 10: Can't Bring Back Previous Restore Point, Error 0x80070003

Discus and support Can't Bring Back Previous Restore Point, Error 0x80070003 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had some malware on my computer that was disallowing me from logging in without getting a bluescreen error. I reset the computer by reinstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WKeeferSR13, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Can't Bring Back Previous Restore Point, Error 0x80070003

I had some malware on my computer that was disallowing me from logging in without getting a bluescreen error. I reset the computer by reinstalling Windows 10 and saving most (but not all) of my data, but uninstalling all of my programs in the process. I've been trying to restore an image from what I thought was the time before the malware, but I've run into a couple problems.

The first issue is that the image to be restored only appears when I'm in the troubleshooting menu in the Advanced Startup Options. The images available from the normal reset point, i.e. Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Recovery > Open System Restore, are from after the reset, so without the programs. Because of this, the only way I can access the pre-malware image is from the troubleshooting menu in the Advanced Startup Options.

The second problem is that when I try to restore the pre-malware image from the Advanced Startup Options, I get an error that says the image failed to install, that nothing has changed on the system, and I get error code 0x80070003. After running sfc /scannow from the Windows Powershell (Admin), it said:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\LogsCBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS.log. For offline repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag."

The CBS.log is so large that it won't fit in the 60k character limit allowed here, and I'm not sure which part(s) of it to post. Though there do seem to be a lot of lines saying "Primitive installers committed for repair." If there's anywhere to upload the whole document, I'm all ears.

Is there a way to resolve this where I can restore the image and get all of my programs and bits of lost data back, or am I going to have to bite the bullet and just reinstall everything?

:)

WKeeferSR13, Jun 13, 2019

2. Error 0x80070003

Hi Nilton,

I suggest you to follow the steps given in the link below and check if it helps you. Select Windows 8.1 from the Product list.

Windows Update error "0x80070002" or "0x80070003"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/910336

Let us know the status of the issue.

PranavMishra5582, Jun 13, 2019
  3. mtroxel Win User
    Previous versions of files in restore point

Searched, didn't see this one.

One of the most useful features of Win 7 was when you could pull a previous version of a file out of the restore point. But now when I go to configure a system restore it isn't listed as an option as it was in 7. However, in a context menu on any file it still lists it as an option. Is this just gone or a huge bug?

mtroxel, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Ctrl-Z Win User

Can't Bring Back Previous Restore Point, Error 0x80070003

Windows 10 Restore Point creation error 0x800423F4 and possible workarounds

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Please post back with the information asked and the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thanks to all who contributed to this post.

I encountered this problem after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update.

After deleting all previous restore points on my system and making sure the VSS service was enabled, I followed the above recommendations and successfully created a restore point.

None of the scans indicated the presence of a problem so I suggest that you NOT give up if your sfc and dism scans come back clean.

Ctrl-Z, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Can't Bring Back Previous Restore Point, Error 0x80070003

1. Can't Bring Back Previous Restore Point, Error 0x80070003 - Similar Threads - Can't Bring Previous

2. restore the system to a point previous to the default options.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore the system to a point previous to the default options.: Hi community, I want to restore the system to a point previous to the default options, which only go back a couple of months. How do I do that?...
  3. System restore to the previous point

System restore to the previous point: I am planning to restore my laptop to a previous point.I have made some changes to the settings of third party applications like eclipse.But these settings are changed recently i.e after the date that which I want to restore to.Once I restore to that date,will the settings go...
  4. Cannot revert to previous restore point

Cannot revert to previous restore point: Outlook starts and shows emails up to about a week ago, it starts to synchronise then shuts down. I then try to repair MS Office, it says it has been successful but the same problem occurs. I attempted to restore Windows 10 to a previous restore point but get the following...
  5. How to bring back older System Restore points?

How to bring back older System Restore points?: Hi, I want to restore my computer to how it was 4 days ago. I opened System Restore and clicked the option that lets me see older points. In that page, I couldn't see the restore point I made. The amount of storage that I made my restore points be capable to take up is 47...
  6. Anyway to restore previous version without restore point ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyway to restore previous version without restore point ?: I’m trying to restore a previous version of a folder. The problem is i have no restore point that will let me go back to the point I want to go. Is there anyway I can go back to the day I want to without ?. submitted by /u/NASCAR142002 [link] [comments]...
  7. I cannot revert to previous restore points

I cannot revert to previous restore points: I am running. Windows 10 Home (1809). For a few days now I have been getting a blue screen error at startup, specifically "page fault in non-paged area" . I have not had this problem until the system updated to 1809. To fix it I thought I would use a restore point that...
  8. System Restore will not do a restore to previous created Point

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore will not do a restore to previous created Point: I am running windows 10 PRO (64Bit) Version 1709 installed about October2017 I have a MBR Partition 1 TB HD Everytime I try to use System Restore ( For any type of reason) Most of which is just to see if it works, Does not, and it has not worked since I went from version...
  9. Restore point error

Restore point error: When I manually try and make a restore point using the windows program it ends with a property page error. [img] It still does the restore point ok and seems to work all right if I need to use that point to restore no error notifications pop up using the System Restore...
  10. Previous versions of files in restore point

Previous versions of files in restore point: Searched, didn't see this one. One of the most useful features of Win 7 was when you could pull a previous version of a file out of the restore point. But now when I go to configure a system restore it isn't listed as an option as it was in 7. However, in a context menu...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win10 system restore 0x80070003