Windows 10: can't bring back Start Screen but only start menu in default

Discus and support can't bring back Start Screen but only start menu in default in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi everyone. newly installed windows 10 system, only shows classic Start Menu in default, and with a Start Screen button at the top left as shown in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xquizend, Aug 12, 2021.

1. xquizend Win User

can't bring back Start Screen but only start menu in default

hi everyone. newly installed windows 10 system, only shows classic Start Menu in default, and with a Start Screen button at the top left as shown in picture. when I click the button, it goes to start screen, the one with tiles. but next when press Win key or click windows button, it goes back to start menu.Tried to find the option "use start menu instead of start screen" and failed, in this system there is no Properties option in the right-click-menu of taskbar, but only a Taskbar Setting.Please help.

:)

xquizend, Aug 12, 2021
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Aug 12, 2021
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

can't bring back Start Screen but only start menu in default prob.jpg

psyko12, Aug 12, 2021
  4. suraswami Win User

Windows 9 start menu in action

I think by default it should know what device the OS is installed on, say tablet, leave it as metro style, Enterprise/desktop default to Start button style (of course both should be able to customize).

suraswami, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

1. can't bring back Start Screen but only start menu in default - Similar Threads - can't bring Start

2. Please bring back full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please bring back full screen start menu: Please bring it back . I have fully adapted to it. I could browse all my apps with a clean wallpaper with no desktop icon. A few big tiles to quick show weather while I click into folder to open my Adobe apps, Spotify, and everything up. It is much more versatile and...
  3. Please bring back full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please bring back full screen start menu: Please bring it back . I have fully adapted to it. I could browse all my apps with a clean wallpaper with no desktop icon. A few big tiles to quick show weather while I click into folder to open my Adobe apps, Spotify, and everything up. It is much more versatile and...
  4. How to bring back the Bing search in Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to bring back the Bing search in Windows 10 start menu: Dear all,I understand that the latest major Windows 10 update removed the Bing web search from the Start Menu. Is there any way to bring it back?I'm aware there has been a lot of complaints about this feature and that's most likely why Microsoft removed it, but personally, I...
  5. Default Onenote in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Onenote in start menu: Hello, I recently reinstalled Windows 10 Pro (20H2) and by default, Onenote appears in the start menu. However, when I install my Office 2016 (Home and Student) I end up having (2) Onenote entries in the start menu. Please see picture below. I read that "Onenote for Windows...
  6. default start menu

default start menu: how do i return to the default start menu. I guess I hit something and it changed. I want to go back to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-start-menu/65c75367-a7af-48fb-8d3c-48e3ed9fa838
  7. Reset Start menu to default

Reset Start menu to default: I have just set up a new laptop and for some reason the start menu has corrupted. The programs no longer line up in a column but are in the centre of the screen in several columns. I read up about changing the TileDataLayer but cannot find this now in Widows 10 even in hidden...
  8. Bring back the Windows 8 Start Screen?

Bring back the Windows 8 Start Screen?: The Start Screen in Windows 8.1 is a masterpiece with its horisontal scroll and simplistic grouping. The Start Screen in Windows 10 is a mess with the mix of a Windows 7 style Start Menu and the vertical scroll of the tiles. Would there be any way to bring the Windows 8...
  9. Default Start Menu/Tiles

Default Start Menu/Tiles: Just a question about the default start menu/tiles. Originally I didn't like the look of the tiles so I removed them however now I'm thinking I may actually like them. So is there a way I can get the default start menu/tiles back? 14358
  10. How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to bring back the old resizable Start Menu: See tutorial: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html ​Right click on the Start Button and select "Run" Type "regedit" Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Explorer>Advance Create a new DWORD (32-bit) value, call it...