Windows 10: Can't browse to user folder, must enter path manually

Discus and support Can't browse to user folder, must enter path manually in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am setting up a new laptop running Windows 10 Home. I moved the content folders (Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos) from my User... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rach3975, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Rach3975 Win User

Can't browse to user folder, must enter path manually

I am setting up a new laptop running Windows 10 Home. I moved the content folders (Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos) from my User Account folder on the small SSD to a secondary HDD using the Properties, Location. Move method. Now when I navigate to the Users folder on my C drive, the only folder that shows is Public. If I type in C:\Users\Rache manually then I can see everything that should be there. Toggling Hidden Folders on and off doesn't change anything. How can I make the Rache folder show under Users again? Is it going to cause any problems that it isn't visible? Thanks for your help!

:)

Rach3975, Mar 31, 2019
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Xbox Game DVR - No path folder

Hi,

There are several reasons as to why you can't use the Xbox Game DVR on your computer. Regarding your concern, the error message that you received occurs if the folder where you save your videos is missing or corrupted. Can you check if it will work
    by returning the original Captures folder back to its original location? In doing so, we recommend that you cut and the paste the folder so that we could see if the Game DVR will recognize the folder.

If that didn't work, we suggest that you change the default location where you game clips and screenshots are saved in Windows 10 by performing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click This PC.
    • Browse the following path: C:\Users\Username\Videos
    • Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab.
    • Click Move button.
    • Browse to the new location to store your Captures folder.
    • On the top-left corner, click the New folder button.
    • Name the folder Captures and press Enter.
    • Select the newly created folder, and click Select Folder.
    • Click Apply. Then select Yes to confirm the move.

Let us know if that works for you.

If you think this was useful, you may "Mark it as an answer" to help who are facing the same problem.

Ariel Acu, Mar 31, 2019
  3. How do I put a folder of my own into the Guest user account and make it the only folder available to view beyond those by default?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below in order to put a folder of your own to the guest account:

• Select and copy the folder that you want to move to the Guest Account.
    • Follow the steps below and paste the folder so that you'll be able to view it in the Guest Account:
    • Press ‘Windows’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type ‘This PC, and press enter.
    • Now follow the path: Local Disk(CCan't browse to user folder, must enter path manually :)>>Users>>Guest Account.
    • And paste the folder which you wanted to move, in the Guest Account.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Can't browse to user folder, must enter path manually

Unable To Unhide Hidden Folders

Folder is hidden & hidden check mark is disabled in my USB pendrive.

I scanned with antivirus and now no virus in pendrive though all my files are hidden and they have shortcuts of folder visible, if i nned to enter in folder, i need to enter fila path manually.

any solution?

freebird_9924, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Can't browse to user folder, must enter path manually

1. Can't browse to user folder, must enter path manually - Similar Threads - Can't browse user

2. Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option in User Accounts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option in User Accounts...: Hello.Following all the examples online: Went to Registry Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\PasswordLess\DeviceSet: DevicePasswordLessBuildVersion REG_DWORD value, change the value data from 2 to 0Rebooted the PCI still do not have the...
  3. Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option in User Accounts...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option in User Accounts...: Hello.Following all the examples online: Went to Registry Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\PasswordLess\DeviceSet: DevicePasswordLessBuildVersion REG_DWORD value, change the value data from 2 to 0Rebooted the PCI still do not have the...
  4. in my user profile - no dialog tab " users must enter user name and password"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in my user profile - no dialog tab " users must enter user name and password": I cant remove the administrator password requirement. I have tried "netplwiz" and get the proper screen but there is NO option to uncheck "require PW". Get message that on my Windows 10 to go to control panel but no option there...
  5. in my user profile - no dialog tab " users must enter user name and password"

in my user profile - no dialog tab " users must enter user name and password": I cant remove the administrator password requirement. I have tried "netplwiz" and get the proper screen but there is NO option to uncheck "require PW". Get message that on my Windows 10 to go to control panel but no option there...
  6. Folder path user profiles issue

Folder path user profiles issue: We have user profiles in windows 10 system stored on D: partition.However they are logically stored on D:\UserData, but actual physical path is D:\Users.It means if I browse to D:\UserData, I am redirected to D:\Users. Path on windows explorer address bar shows "This PC >...
  7. Folder path user profiles issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder path user profiles issue: We have user profiles in windows 10 system stored on D: partition.However they are logically stored on D:\UserData, but actual physical path is D:\Users.It means if I browse to D:\UserData, I am redirected to D:\Users. Path on windows explorer address bar shows "This PC >...
  8. Folder path user profiles issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Can't disable the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" on...: My computers are in a very secure location that only I have access to. I want to disable the requirement for users to enter a user name and password. When I run netplwiz on my main PC I've always disabled the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer"...
  10. Can't browse to my user account location, must enter path manually

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't browse to my user account location, must enter path manually: I'm setting up a new computer, and I moved the content files (Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos) to my secondary hard drive using the Properties, Location, Move method. Now when I navigate to the Users file on my C drive I only see the Public folder. If I type...