Windows 10: Can't bulk edit permissions for a folder on a usb drive.

Discus and support Can't bulk edit permissions for a folder on a usb drive. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In the root folder of a usb drive I can access all the files, but files in a folder on the drive, I can't. I can adjust the security permissions one... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by webbrewers3, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Can't bulk edit permissions for a folder on a usb drive.

In the root folder of a usb drive I can access all the files, but files in a folder on the drive, I can't. I can adjust the security permissions one file at a time properties > security > add an owner but how do I apply that to the whole folder so the files inherit? I've tried changing the owner under advanced but that does nothing. This shouldn't be that hard....

:)

webbrewers3, Oct 13, 2020

2. How to edit permission of folders in vista

In vista if some software try to copy files or folders to original directory then installation fails or programms cant run due to permission.
    i want to edit permissions of folder ..but cant select any option..
    rightclick on any folder- properties-security-edit-select writre..but i'm unable to edit it.

that's y i'm unable to run some application
    even i'm not able to run emule.

plz solve my problem.

freebird_9924, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Editing permissions

Hi ejmw,

Issues that you experience when you try to access files and folders may be related to permissions. Permissions are rules that determine whether you can access or change files and folders. To check permissions on a file or a folder, follow these steps:

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click Properties.
    • Tap or click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps:

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties
    • Tap or click the Security tab.
    • Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.
    • Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Important: You must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Can't bulk edit permissions for a folder on a usb drive.

USB Drive Access Permission

Let's try a different approach. Since the updating the driver does not work, see if changing the Security settings on one of the USB drive. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the USB's drive on File Explorer and select Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Select an Owner/User and click Edit.
    • Check all the options on the Allowed column, select OK and then Apply.

Update us on the result.

Radney Dri, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Can't bulk edit permissions for a folder on a usb drive.

1. Can't bulk edit permissions for a folder on a usb drive. - Similar Threads - Can't bulk edit

2. Can't edit exe file permissions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't edit exe file permissions: So I wanted to add Mortal Kombat 11: Ultimate bought from Xbox app to Steam, I located the MK11.exe file and tried adding it and got a popup message telling I don't have rights. So, I logged in to Built-In administrator account and tried editing permissions from there, but i...
  3. bulk copy folders

bulk copy folders: I have a folder with 15000 folders inside. I have a list with the specific folder names of 800 of these folders which are scattered throughout the whole set. I need to copy these 800 folders into a new folder. I need them to stay as folders because inside each folder is 6...
  4. bulk copy folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bulk copy folders: I have a folder with 15000 folders inside. I have a list with the specific folder names of 800 of these folders which are scattered throughout the whole set. I need to copy these 800 folders into a new folder. I need them to stay as folders because inside each folder is 6...
  5. bulk copy folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Can't add or edit permission access on C Drive

Can't add or edit permission access on C Drive: Tried doing some troubleshoot but won't allow me due to all permissions gone. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-add-or-edit-permission-access-on-c-drive/66b2e30e-55e4-46de-b837-7a87d32f41e9
  7. Bulk Folder Renaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bulk Folder Renaming: Is there a command or program I can use to rename multiple folders at once by entering the locations? Example: From: C:\abcd\Folder C:\efgh\Folder C:\ijkl\Folder To: C:\abcd\abcd C:\efgh\efgh C:\ijkl\ijkl submitted by /u/theblake1980 [link] [comments]...
  8. can't get permission on mapped network drive/folder

can't get permission on mapped network drive/folder: Hello, here's my situation: Windows 10 Ver. 1903 I have an external HDD attached via USB 3.0 to my router. I have it mapped as a network drive and was initially able to read and write normally. I then removed it from the router and hooked it directly to the PC via USB 3.0...
  9. Permissions on usb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Permissions on usb drive: HI all, I'm tired and I've fiddled with installing an executable on a usb flash drive. 1. I've given permissions to "Everyone" to read/write/execute on this flash drive. 2. I downloaded the regedit file from Shawn - no go. I'm on Windows 10, update 1903. The USB is a...
  10. Bulk file permissions edit + MP3 files wouldn't play

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bulk file permissions edit + MP3 files wouldn't play: I ran into an issue and discovered why I was unable to play my MP3 files. I kept looking online for solutions and they all led me to believe the files were corrupt. But they all had a true file size. When the tools kept throwing errors that they couldn't read the file, it...