Windows 10: Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs

Discus and support Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello i have the error write speed too fast or too slow to burn disc, i have tried everything i can find online, i even opened the laptop up and took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by scottishsean, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs

Hello i have the error write speed too fast or too slow to burn disc, i have tried everything i can find online, i even opened the laptop up and took the driver out but i cannot see anything wrong, i have tried different software and different speeds nothing is working its driving me crazy please help. i have windows 10 and the laptop is a couple years old.

:)

scottishsean, Jan 23, 2020

2. Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Jan 23, 2020
  3. How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs

wont burn a dvd or cd

Hi Ronnie,

We would need additional information to help us isolate the issue with Windows Media Player not burning CD or DVD. Kindly verify the following:

• Were there any recent changes made to your computer prior to the issue? (Windows update, software or hardware installation, etc.)
    • Were you able to burn DVD and CD before?
    • Did you get an error message when you attempted to burn a CD/DVD? What was the exact error?
    • What file format were you trying to burn?
    • Which version of Windows Media Player do you use?

For the mean time, check out this article for some tips on burning a DVD or CD in Windows Media Player.

Awaiting your response.

Joanna 777, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs

1. Cant burn DVDs but i can Burn CDs - Similar Threads - Cant burn DVDs

2. cant burn cds on itunes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant burn cds on itunes: i have itunes on microsoft but cant burn cds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-burn-cds-on-itunes/cf87477a-0fd4-4226-88c7-0b9dd79fad07
  3. cant burn cds on itunes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant burn cds on itunes: i have itunes on microsoft but cant burn cds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-burn-cds-on-itunes/cf87477a-0fd4-4226-88c7-0b9dd79fad07
  4. Burning CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burning CDs: Why is now impossible for me to burn 10 mp3 files using Windows 10 media player onto a standard CD? I was able to do this last week. Now I can't. I have changed no settings. Nothing. You would think that after about 35 years of Microsoft, you would have made it easy to burn...
  5. Burning CDs

Burning CDs: Hi Everyone. I was having difficulty burning my own recorded mp3's last year. I updated the playlist and used a writable cd and it finally worked...the whole 13 tracks burned to disc with Windows media Player. Fast forward a year I am wanting to burn another 13 tracks...
  6. what app or program can i use to burn cds and dvds

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what app or program can i use to burn cds and dvds: what app or program can i use to burn cds and dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-app-or-program-can-i-use-to-burn-cds-and-dvds/ea31350d-2800-4b65-af16-acd1a20a9a72
  7. Burn Cds

Burn Cds: I want to burn a 33 page Windows file either as .docx or pdf file, but I am not all that familiar with Windows 10. Can someoneoffer a procedure for a rookie? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds/c85388c2-855d-4257-94d2-517c98df147d
  8. burn cds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burn cds: how to burn cds when windows cannot find file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cds/7a3a7367-2c9f-473a-8e8c-51a3a78d0da8"
  9. Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works

Can not burn DVDs but Blu Ray burning works: I can see the DVD drive go, as a DVD requires a higher intensity Laser for burning. But not the Blu-Ray drive. I guess you will have to replace one of the drives to verify it is a drive problem. DVD drives are relatively cheap any more. I see $20 DVD burner drives at...
  10. Burning dvds

in Windows 10 Support
    Burning dvds: I have a movie downloaded on my laptop. I am using win10. I put dvd into the drive. I press burn dvd, but it does nothing. Also, the page stops responding. Thanks for your help. 51395