Windows 10: Can't buy windows 10 w/store + many vendors have issues with bad keys

Discus and support Can't buy windows 10 w/store + many vendors have issues with bad keys in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a fresh install of windows 10 pro. I was going to buy a download key via newegg but so many people there report that they were issued keys that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by torvald, Nov 7, 2019.

1. torvald Win User

Can't buy windows 10 w/store + many vendors have issues with bad keys

I have a fresh install of windows 10 pro. I was going to buy a download key via newegg but so many people there report that they were issued keys that failed or had been used before, and resolving the issue is complex, time consuming, and can fail. I then tried to buy from within windows, via the activation dialog that offers to take one to the windows store. But that fails I get a brilliant message: "The thing you are looking for isn't here". There are a host of websites offering methods to fix errors that are something like this. I tried the msft page and it didn't help. I'm not going to try all 17 steps that some of the sites offer to resolve this.

I know Microsoft often has a collective IQ of about 40, but this strikes me as particularly lame. I am trying to send them money and they can't figure out a way to pull that off?

Does anyone have a sure fire way to acquire a valid key?

Side issue I bought an upgrade windows 10 home > pro key a year ago for a notebook that I returned. I understand that I can apply it to another pc. Does anyone see an issue with buying home and applying the upgrade key?

:)

torvald, Nov 7, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

DOWNLOAD WINDOWS 10 NOW - Upgrade and ISO direct from microsoft

Click to expand... Yeah I went to that site, why do I need to buy a key?
    I won't buy a key, stupid.

I'll revert back to windows 7 then.

When I still was on windows 7, about a year ago I added 4GB extra ram which is a total of 8GB now,
    is that causing the problem?

P4-630, Nov 7, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Can't buy windows 10 w/store + many vendors have issues with bad keys

buying a game in the store windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand how you feel about the situation. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if it resolves your issue.

Reset the Windows Store.

Please follow the steps below to Reset Store.

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe. Press Enter.

I suggest you to refer the following Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

Why can’t I find or install an app from Windows store.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

You may also refer to the article Apps & Store.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/apps-store

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Can't buy windows 10 w/store + many vendors have issues with bad keys

1. Can't buy windows 10 w/store + many vendors have issues with bad keys - Similar Threads - Can't buy store

2. can't buy off the microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    can't buy off the microsoft store: ive had this issue for a while and ive tried everything ive found online from rebooting the store app, updating it, restarting my pc, changing payment method all of that and i still cant buy anything off the app. yet i can buy from the microsoft store website. i think its...
  3. can't buy off the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't buy off the microsoft store: ive had this issue for a while and ive tried everything ive found online from rebooting the store app, updating it, restarting my pc, changing payment method all of that and i still cant buy anything off the app. yet i can buy from the microsoft store website. i think its...
  4. can't buy off the microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "W" key issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "W" key issues: When I hold down "W" key it doesn't result in repeated w's, instead my keyboard starts typing a's , s's, d'd, and some times e's and at an inconsistant rate. Every other key works as it should, if I hold down the "q" key it registers the first hit and then rapidly types out a...
  6. lost product key and window store says i can't buy this version of windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    lost product key and window store says i can't buy this version of windows 10: My last computer crashed CPU and had to get a new motherboard and everything. Of course windows can't find the product key from the bios on the new board and it's lost. When I went through windows to go to store to buy a new product code it says I can't buy this version of...
  7. Why are the store apps so bad compared vendors standard apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are the store apps so bad compared vendors standard apps: Hi there Why is it in most cases (at least the ones that I've used) the store apps are usually atrocious and have far more limited functionality than the standard apps available usually from the vendors own web site. My latest nag here is on the HP MFP M28-M31 laser printer...
  8. Why are the store apps so bad compared vendors standard apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are the store apps so bad compared vendors standard apps: Hi there Why is it in most cases (at least the ones that I've used) the store apps are usually atrocious and have far more limited functionality than the standard apps available usually from the vendors own web site. My latest nag here is on the HP MFP M28-M31 laser printer...
  9. Buying Windows 10 key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Buying Windows 10 key: What is the best (and safest) place online to buy a legit Windows 10 key? (except, well, Microsoft site :D) I can't afford 139$, but I want to have a registered Windows 10 license. submitted by /u/thankYouRJ45 [link] [comments]...
  10. Microsoft Store Buying product issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Store Buying product issue: [ATTACH] Lately I've been playing some Game Pass games and mostly Sea of Thieves. Then, I wanted to buy "Ancient Coins" (an in-game coin) which were only purchasable by Microsoft Store. Everything was proceeding normally, until after I typed my PIN and when I was going to...