Windows 10: Can't buy XBox Pass for Windows Error Code: 0x80070057 in the Microsoft Store

Discus and support Can't buy XBox Pass for Windows Error Code: 0x80070057 in the Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I'm keen to get the XBox Live Pass but can't buy it - I can't download anything from the Microsoft Store and haven't been able to for years due to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by jumm, Sep 12, 2020.

1. jumm Win User

Can't buy XBox Pass for Windows Error Code: 0x80070057 in the Microsoft Store

Hi, I'm keen to get the XBox Live Pass but can't buy it - I can't download anything from the Microsoft Store and haven't been able to for years due to the error code 0x80070057.

Is there any other way of buying and installing i.e. is there a desktop Windows client or do I have to go through the Microsoft App store?

If I have to go through the Microsoft store I don't think I can buy it as the error code has been around for years and there is no solution for it short of a full reinstall.

:)

2. Windows Update gives error code 0x80070057

Too bad that didn't work *Sad

Try a clean startup:

Launch System Configuratiion (msconfig)

on the Services tab:
    Can't buy XBox Pass for Windows Error Code: 0x80070057 in the Microsoft Store [​IMG]
    Hide all Microsoft servicesPress the [Disable all] button

on the Startup tab: Press Open Task Manager
    Disable all items listed
    Close Task Manager
    Press [Ok] on the System Configuration window

Restart your machine
    Try a manual Windows Update from Settings -> Update and Recovery (not Control Panel)

The issue might be HW related.

A few other suggested fixes were to run wsreset

This might have more affect (works on Win10, not just Win8.x)
    Store - Re-register in Windows 8 and 8.1

Try all three and test an update.

Slartybart, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Chase0502 Win User
    Microsoft store Xbox gold pass.

ok, I was thinking about buying "sea of thieves" off of the Microsoft store on my PC and it said something about an xbox gold pass. do I need to purchase the pass to play the game?

Chase0502, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Can't buy XBox Pass for Windows Error Code: 0x80070057 in the Microsoft Store

Xbox games pass on pc

Hi Bat,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

These are the games free with the pass.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-p...

However, the exact difference can be told by experts on the Xbox forum so suggest you to start a question there.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Can't buy XBox Pass for Windows Error Code: 0x80070057 in the Microsoft Store

1. Can't buy XBox Pass for Windows Error Code: 0x80070057 in the Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Can't buy XBox

2. how to fix Code: 0x80070057 on microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix Code: 0x80070057 on microsoft store: ive had this problem for a while and i cant get it to fix, ive used countless articals and tried a variety of stuff such as - using wsreset, making sure my time and date is correct, using command prompt in administrator and doing codes like- PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy...
  3. Can't buy xbox game pass

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't buy xbox game pass: Hello, I wanted to buy xbox game pass but when I try to do that I get this error:When I clicked on get more info I got to a page with potential causes but I don't know hot to check how/if my account locked or banned and I dont know how to fix it....
  4. Can't buy xbox game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't buy xbox game pass: Hello, I wanted to buy xbox game pass but when I try to do that I get this error:When I clicked on get more info I got to a page with potential causes but I don't know hot to check how/if my account locked or banned and I dont know how to fix it....
  5. Can't buy xbox game pass

6. Error Code 0x80070057 in microsoft store

Error Code 0x80070057 in microsoft store: I recently just bought the new Microsoft Flight Simulator on microsoft store but every time i try downloading it, it starts downloading for a split second but then it just stops downloading and gives me the same error code over and over again, i dont know what to do so i am...
  7. Microsoft store and xbox game pass

Microsoft store and xbox game pass: Both my xbox game pass and microsoft store wont download certain things for example i tried downloading minecraft dungeons on the xgp and it said pending and came up with an error and then i tried downloading it from the microsoft store and an error came up with "something...
  8. Unable to install Xbox Identity Provider in Microsoft Store - Code: 0x80070057

Unable to install Xbox Identity Provider in Microsoft Store - Code: 0x80070057: Acer Predator 17 Windows 10 v1909 build 18363.778 I am unable to install Xbox Identity Provider. It seems to download fine, but when it gets to "Installing..." activity, it simply stops with "Something unexpected happened...Code: 0x80070057." I am trying to get this app...
  9. Microsoft store Xbox gold pass.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store Xbox gold pass.: ok, I was thinking about buying "sea of thieves" off of the Microsoft store on my PC and it said something about an xbox gold pass. do I need to purchase the pass to play the game?...
  10. Error: 0x80070057 - Windows Store

Error: 0x80070057 - Windows Store: Hello every1! I tried to fight it for few days and I tried many different ways that I found on the internet and on microsoft answers - nothing helped me. I was desperate. Today I have installed a clean version of the windows again. At the beginning when the system was...