Windows 10: Can’t cancel updates anymore

Discus and support Can’t cancel updates anymore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It takes two hours for my computer to try to update, fail, and undo all of it. Every single time it tries to update this happens. Every time I turn on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/somethinsomethin363, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Can’t cancel updates anymore

It takes two hours for my computer to try to update, fail, and undo all of it. Every single time it tries to update this happens. Every time I turn on my computer, it tries to update, making it so that it’s rather I turn off my computer and wait for 2 hours when I need to use it again, or leave it on for eternity and hurt the computer’s battery life. The way I solved this was by disabling through servic.msc but suddenly it stopped giving me the option to disable updates through there. So then I decided to change the time that windows updates happen by saying I’m busy from 6 am to 12 am in normal settings, but today I got an update at 12 pm and had to wait two hours again. Are there any other options to canceling windows updates?

submitted by /u/somethinsomethin363
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/somethinsomethin363, Apr 5, 2020
  2. jjgui Win User

Cancelled Win10 upgrade reservation, but DL starts on every Win8.1 reboot

I followed the steps to cancel the Windows 10 reservation for my system. The icon was in my tray and I followed the steps to properly cancel.

Every time I would run Windows Update, the upgrade for Win10 was there and checked as an optional item. I would uncheck it and try to download required patches instead. Windows wouldn't cooperate and would DL the upgrade for W10 to my system.

Searching the Net, I found a tip about uninstalling KB3035583 to prevent this reservation. Ok, uninstalled that KB. Win8.1 STILL wants to upgrade and DL the file on reboots!!

What else do I need to do to cancel this reservation AND to fix my Windows Update so it's not trying to DL Win10 anymore? Help? Suggestions? Tips?

jjgui, Apr 5, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Can’t cancel updates anymore :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Can’t cancel updates anymore

I'm trying to cancel my Windows 10 upgrade

"the above steps" DO NOT WORK !

There is no "Cancel Reservation" option available !!

AyranDreger, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Can’t cancel updates anymore

1. Can’t cancel updates anymore - Similar Threads - Can’t cancel updates

2. I can’t login on my pc anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t login on my pc anymore: Since a week i suddenly can not login to my pc anymore with my password that i’ve been using for the last couple years. the problem is, my email/account is a very old email of mine that i don’t use anymore only to log in on my pc and the security verification is also done via...
  3. I can’t login on my pc anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t login on my pc anymore: Since a week i suddenly can not login to my pc anymore with my password that i’ve been using for the last couple years. the problem is, my email/account is a very old email of mine that i don’t use anymore only to log in on my pc and the security verification is also done via...
  4. I can’t access my pc anymore

I can’t access my pc anymore: So For context my computer contracted multiple viruses and I didn’t want to pay more than $100 for a anti virus just for the few viruses. I decided that the best course of action is to just completely factory reset my PC. At first it ran smoothly but once it got to 64% on the...
  5. how to cancel my old account as it is not available anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to cancel my old account as it is not available anymore: my previous account has been canceled and i started with anew account please accept the new account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-cancel-my-old-account-as-it-is-not/01361b87-acf3-49a6-97c0-4e6d73d4b208
  6. how to cancel my old account as it is not available anymore

how to cancel my old account as it is not available anymore: my previous account has been canceled and i started with anew account please accept the new account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-cancel-my-old-account-as-it-is-not/01361b87-acf3-49a6-97c0-4e6d73d4b208
  7. I can’t stand this issue anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t stand this issue anymore: So a few months ago I had an issue with my SSD. After an update it completely blue-screened beyond function so I had to boot windows off my old hard drive to repair it. This happened twice. I installed the new windows update today and it happened again. Is this a hardware...
  8. I can’t change my brightness anymore.

I can’t change my brightness anymore.: Just a few hours ago i used to be easily able to change my brightness like normal, but now I don’t know what happend but I can’t change it from settings or keyboard. submitted by /u/m501f [link] [comments]...
  9. Cancelled the update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cancelled the update: I canceled or paused while I was updating the 2004 version of Windows because the update was taking too long, What Will Trouble appear on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancelled-the-update/79628550-d59e-41ff-a25e-c95ea289478a
  10. Can’t Connect To Wifi Anymore

Can’t Connect To Wifi Anymore: Yesterday my laptop was fine, today I have not been able to connect to the internet due to it being “off.” Well I followed some videos, tried to install updated driver via external hard drive, then reset and reinstalled Windows. NOW I don’t even have the wifi option. It does...