Windows 10: Can't cancel Windows 11 download

Discus and support Can't cancel Windows 11 download in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just received a notifications that Windows 11 is being downloaded in my notebook. I accepted it? no. It asked me anything? no. Is there a button to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarcosFigueiredo2, Oct 17, 2023.

1. Can't cancel Windows 11 download

I just received a notifications that Windows 11 is being downloaded in my notebook. I accepted it? no. It asked me anything? no. Is there a button to cancel it? no. I don't want to be rude, but it's really disrespectful to force the users to use W11. I already contacted the support before because the W11 was going to be installed in my notebook without my consent, the support guy took remote control of my notebook, and i thought the matter was solved... but it's not. How can i permanently block W11 download and installation?

:)

MarcosFigueiredo2, Oct 17, 2023

2. Cancel a pending upgrade to Windows 11

I had this issue as well. After reverting back to Windows 10, the following seems to have resolved it for me, and cancelled the pending Windows 11 upgrade.

1. Add the following registry key using CMD/PowerShell as Administrator
      1. REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate /v ProductVersion /t REG_SZ /d "Windows 10"
      2. This key instructs Windows to only receive Feature Updates for the Windows 10 product
    2. Click 'Pause updates' in Settings > Windows Update
    3. Restart the Windows Update service (wuauserv)
    4. Click to resume updates in Settings > Windows Update
    5. Check for updates to verify that it does not attempt the upgrade again
    Hope this helps and resolves your issue!

BrandonLinhart, Oct 17, 2023
  3. btarunr Win User
    Creative Announces HN-900 Noise-Canceling Headset

Creative Technology Ltd today announced the new Creative HN-900 noise-canceling headphones, a set of full-size active noise-canceling headphones that can reduce ambient noise by up to 85% and comes with a detachable cable with in-line microphone for voice communication on the iPhone.

Shut out the din in the air cabin or make clear voice calls on the iPhone with the Creative HN-900 noise-canceling headphones. The concealed microphones in the ear-cups pick up surrounding noises and these are electronically negated, effectively reducing the noise by up to 85%. With the absence of unwanted sound, the finely-tuned 40mm Neodymium drivers allow details of music or entertainment to be revealed.

Can't cancel Windows 11 download 154a_thm.jpg

Can't cancel Windows 11 download 154b_thm.jpg

Can't cancel Windows 11 download 154c_thm.jpg

The Creative HN-900's audio cable also comes with an in-line microphone and switch for a convenient one-click call function for voice communication on the iPhone. This cable can be detached from the headphones and the noise-canceling feature turned on - great for times when users want a quiet and peaceful rest. If the headphones run out of battery power, they can still be used in the passive mode without the noise-cancellation function.

The Creative HN-900 is a solid performer, ensuring a quiet backdrop for users' entertainment and communication needs.

Key Features of the Creative HN-900 Noise-Canceling Headphones
    • Effective ambient noise reduction by up to 85%
    • The headphones cable comes with gold-plated plugs that are compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod and most media players for music support. The detachable cable also comes with in-line microphone and switch for a convenient one-click call function for voice calls on the iPhone
    • Powerful 40mm Neodymium magnet drivers produce superior music listening experience & voice calls
    • Dual-mode usage allows the headphones to serve as active noise-cancellation function for up to 40 hours by a single AAA alkaline battery or in passive mode without power
    • Comes with airplane adapter for in-flight entertainment
    • Compact flat-fold design ideal for business trips and vacations
    Technical Specifications of the Creative HN-900 Noise-Canceling Headphones
    Headphones:
    • 40 mm Neodymium magnet drivers
    • Frequency Response of 20Hz ~ 20kHz
    • Noise Reduction Level of -18dB (85%)
    • Impedance of 290ohms*
    • Sensitivity at 1kHz of 100dB/mW*
    Microphone:
    • Type of Omni-directional
    • Frequency Response of 100Hz ~ 10kHz
    • Impedance of <2.2kohms
    • Sensitivity at 1kHz of -38dBV/Pa
    General:
    • Cable length of 1.5m detachable with inline microphone
    • Battery life of up to 40 hours from 1 x AAA alkaline battery. Duration may vary depending on temperature and condition of use
    • Product weight of 168 grams
    * Specifications measured in active Noise Cancellation mode
    Pricing and Availability
    The Creative HN-900 noise-canceling headphones will be available at the online store at creative.com/shop in Asia and authorised dealers in Asia from end Nov 2011 onwards at the suggested retail price of US $99.99.

btarunr, Oct 17, 2023
  4. Can't cancel Windows 11 download

Cancel Windows 10 Download

Hi,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and sorry for delayed response.

As per the issue description you don't want Windows 10 right now and willing to cancel Windows 10 upgrade. However, cancelling the reservation is not possible but you may hide the update which is responsible for the upgrade.

This can be done if the update which is responsible for this icon is either uninstalled from your system or if it is hidden. So, first I would suggest you to uninstall
    KB3035583 update and then hide it. Hope this would resolve your issue. in future if you want Windows 10 just install this update and you can upgrade to Windows 10.

To check if the updates is already installed:

• Open Installed Updates by pressing
      Windows key + X
      . Select Control Panel
      from the list, clicking Programs, and then, under
      Programs and Features, clicking View installed updates.
    • Click the update KB3035583 that you want to remove, and then click
      Uninstall. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

You can refer to the below mentioned steps to hide an update.

• Press Window key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Under view by option select large icons.
    • And then click either Windows Update or
      Microsoft Update
    • Now click on important updates available (recommended).
    • Click to clear the check box that is next to the
      KB3035583 update.
    • Expand the KB3035583 update that you want to hide, and then click the "Don't show this update again" check box.
    • Click Review and install updates.

For more information you may refer to the suggestion of Jose Antonio replied on
    February 10, 2012.

how to hide / disable a priority Windows Update KB2633952 which already has a current update on my computer?

Redirecting

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 17, 2023
Thema:

Can't cancel Windows 11 download

1. Can't cancel Windows 11 download - Similar Threads - Can't cancel download

2. Can't cancel Windows 11 download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't cancel Windows 11 download: I just received a notifications that Windows 11 is being downloaded in my notebook. I accepted it? no. It asked me anything? no. Is there a button to cancel it? no. I don't want to be rude, but it's really disrespectful to force the users to use W11. I already contacted the...
  3. Cancel windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cancel windows 11 update: How can I cancel the windows 11 Update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cancel-windows-11-update/17af18bd-0b62-432a-adc8-4a549c12a651
  4. Windows 11 download; ready for install. How do I cancel this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 download; ready for install. How do I cancel this?: I'm one of the people who had Windows 11 download itself without me telling it to do so. Now, it is ready for install. I do not want to install Windows 11 at this point. I want to keep my Windows 10.I've paused it for 7 days, but this is a temporary solution. Can I delete the...
  5. Windows 11 download; ready for install. How do I cancel this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 download; ready for install. How do I cancel this?: I'm one of the people who had Windows 11 download itself without me telling it to do so. Now, it is ready for install. I do not want to install Windows 11 at this point. I want to keep my Windows 10.I've paused it for 7 days, but this is a temporary solution. Can I delete the...
  6. can't download windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't download windows 11: I tried using the PC health check to see what the problem was, it was the TPM. I enabled TPM and did the heath check again and it said it was all good, but I still cant upgrade to windows 11I would really like some help, thanks....
  7. can't download windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't download windows 11: I tried using the PC health check to see what the problem was, it was the TPM. I enabled TPM and did the heath check again and it said it was all good, but I still cant upgrade to windows 11I would really like some help, thanks....
  8. Windows Store Download instantly Cancelled

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store Download instantly Cancelled: Ive been trying to download Forza Horizon 4 for few days. After it downloaded, it installs and it just cancel install itself. Now Windows Store decided to redownload the game again, is there a way to force check the files?...
  9. I cancelled a download on the store and now I can't download again

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I cancelled a download on the store and now I can't download again: So I was downloading state of decay 2 but I noticed I was downloading in the wrong disk so I cancelled the download and now I can't download it again, It appears in the start menu but it isn't downloading and when I press download on the store nothing happens at all. Same...
  10. Chkdsk stuck at 11% and can't cancel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk stuck at 11% and can't cancel: Recently updated from 1803 to 1809 and it worked when I woke up. After restart it was stuck at loading dots. When I went to safe mode it said couldn't complete changes undoing but my windows version was still 1809 and my PC worked fine when I disabled driver siganture...