Windows 10: Can't cast to FireTV box with win 10?

Discus and support Can't cast to FireTV box with win 10? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! There is a lot on the web about this but nothing seems to work. I am trying to mirror from my win 10 Acer Predator laptop to my 4K fire box. Fire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HRHQueenV, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Can't cast to FireTV box with win 10?

Hi! There is a lot on the web about this but nothing seems to work.

I am trying to mirror from my win 10 Acer Predator laptop to my 4K fire box. Fire TV sees my laptop and vice versa, it says "Display mirroring is starting soon. Preparing to mirror the display from "laptop" to your Amazon Fire TV" then it says "Something went wrong, your device couldn't connect". THis also happens with Airscreen.

I can cast no problem from my phone with Airscreen but not just the firebox mirroring feature, which does in fact appear to be dead. Thanks, Jeff!

Help?

submitted by /u/HRHQueenV
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HRHQueenV, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Jeddie Win User

Unable to Cast to Device to my Smart TV

Thanks Bree.

The other similar thread to this says 'Cast to' used to work to a Samsung TV but now it doesn't. This would imply something is 'wrong' with our Win 10?

Can anyone suggest some more troubleshooting steps to try to determine what the issue is?

Jeddie, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Jessen P Win User
    windows 10 cast to device

Hi Steven,

• Do you get any error message when you try to cast the device?
    • Does the issue happen when you don't use cast to device, I mean when you are online?
    • Which device do you use to cast the content?
    If the issue happens only when you cast the device, the issue can be that of the casting device. In that case I would request you to execute the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Thank you.

Jessen P, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Can't cast to FireTV box with win 10?

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't cast to FireTV box with win 10?

1. Can't cast to FireTV box with win 10? - Similar Threads - Can't cast FireTV

2. Cast to lg tv win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cast to lg tv win 11: Windows 11 dell xps 13 9310 casting to lg nano tv , my laptop cast to the lg tv then after 5 seconds disconnects, occasionally it will stay on all day and then start doing this, now I cannot connect at all for more than 5 secodns. Casting to the tv seems to turn off the tvs...
  3. Cast to lg tv win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cast to lg tv win 11: Windows 11 dell xps 13 9310 casting to lg nano tv , my laptop cast to the lg tv then after 5 seconds disconnects, occasionally it will stay on all day and then start doing this, now I cannot connect at all for more than 5 secodns. Casting to the tv seems to turn off the tvs...
  4. Mirroring Amazon firetv

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mirroring Amazon firetv: Hi, The mirroring on firetv only works in 2Ghz but not with 5Ghz, although the wifi power is the same. Does anyone have any advice? 169075
  5. Windows 10 Screen Mirroring to FireTV Stick Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Screen Mirroring to FireTV Stick Not Working: My Windows 10 laptop HP Spectre will not connect with my FireTV stick. I have confirmed that my laptop supports Mircast. When I click connect and switch on Screen Mirroring on my FireTV stick, my computed is able to detect the same. When I click connect, the FireTV says...
  6. SEARCH BOX IN WIN 10

in Cortana
    SEARCH BOX IN WIN 10: SEARCH TAB DOES NOT PERMIT FILTERING BY FILE SIZE, DATE, ETC. I CAN MAKE IT APPEAR BY TYPING > INOT THE SEARCH FIELD, BUT THE SEARCH TAB DISAPPEARS AFTER I EXIT. I HAVE TO TYPE THE > SYMBOL EVERY TIME....
  7. Can't print or Cast after Win 10 update KB4507419

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't print or Cast after Win 10 update KB4507419: RE: July 9, 2019-KB4507419 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1809 and Windows Server 2019; (Win 10 Home; v 1809, updated 12Aug2019; OS build 17763.652) - After I did the above update, I cannot USB print to my (HP LaserJet...
  8. Win 10 Search Box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Search Box: In Win 7, searches are available for repeat by down-arrowing the Search box to the Right pane of the particular file. In Win 10 I have to go up to the Ribbon for my list of searches. An exhaustive search on the web provides me with one answer. Can't be done on the Home...
  9. X Box Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    X Box Win 10: Can I safely remove all x box apps from win 10 Home??? 128913
  10. win 10 search box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    win 10 search box: My search box on windows 10 disappears when i click on it to search https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/win-10-search-box/268cfcf8-26e2-4daf-8ab8-5831de3e9f00