Windows 10: Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login

Discus and support Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have had my pc for 2 years now and its been running great, however, I recently switched schools and my new school uses Microsoft apps my old school... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Temoneem, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Temoneem Win User

Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login

I have had my pc for 2 years now and its been running great, however, I recently switched schools and my new school uses Microsoft apps my old school used google and my brother logged into his school account to the PC, it was after this I was forced by the computer to change my pin to 6 digits I hate 6 digits.I did some research and removed the account and logged out of PowerPoint and other apps he logged in to. However, my PC still is running as if the school account were there and still won't let me change my pin back. The pin isn't the worse issue but this is MY pc and I don't want sett

:)

Temoneem, Sep 16, 2022

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 16, 2022
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 16, 2022
  4. Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login

LOGIN PIN change

I need to change the login PIN in MS windows 10. But it doesn't show any path in the account section to do so. I went by clicking hello PIN and it doesn't serve my purpose. Please advise how to change the PIN which I use when login to the laptop.

SanjeevaniA, Sep 16, 2022
Thema:

Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login

1. Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login - Similar Threads - Cant change pin

2. Change Laptop Login PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Laptop Login PIN: I want to change the laptop login PIN only, not the Microsoft account password which I would like to leave as it currently is. Everything I am finding so far is about changing the account password. Thanks for any help....
  3. Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change 6 pin login back to 4 pin login: I have had my pc for 2 years now and its been running great, however, I recently switched schools and my new school uses Microsoft apps my old school used google and my brother logged into his school account to the PC, it was after this I was forced by the computer to change...
  4. Changing/Removing login PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing/Removing login PIN: There are times I want to change or remove my password and those options as well as the 'I forgot my password' option are grey, making them unavailable and unable for me to click them and on top of the 'I forgot my password' option it says this "Something went wrong. Try...
  5. Changing/Removing login PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing/Removing login PIN: There are times I want to change or remove my password and those options as well as the 'I forgot my password' option are grey, making them unavailable and unable for me to click them and on top of the 'I forgot my password' option it says this "Something went wrong. Try...
  6. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  7. Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN

in Windows 10 Support
    Login changed from PIN to password, No option to change back to PIN: A Window update today has locked me out of Windows 10. Was using a PIN to log in. Now it wants a password. Anything I try comes back as incorrect. On the 6th attempt at the password it appears as if it is going to work. Then after 30-60 seconds it comes backs as incorrect...
  8. LOGIN PIN change

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    LOGIN PIN change: I need to change the login PIN in MS windows 10. But it doesn't show any path in the account section to do so. I went by clicking hello PIN and it doesn't serve my purpose. Please advise how to change the PIN which I use when login to the laptop....
  9. cant login with pin or fingerprint

cant login with pin or fingerprint: Hello, I bought a new laptop a few days ago. Everything works normally when i set a fingerprint or a pin and it works normally when it wwant authentication on a mirosoft store, but my login to windows does not work. pin login is not displayed at all and when i try use the...
  10. change my login pin.

change my login pin.: My login PIN has possibly been compromised. For security\ty sake id like to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-login-pin/4fe8d44a-42ff-455c-9419-584b8a31cb28