Windows 10: Can't change anything in advanced tab for playback and recording

Discus and support Can't change anything in advanced tab for playback and recording in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm on a windows 10 PC and accessed the advanced settings for my headset to see if changing the format of the sound would improve it's sound quality.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ethias, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Ethias Win User

Can't change anything in advanced tab for playback and recording

I'm on a windows 10 PC and accessed the advanced settings for my headset to see if changing the format of the sound would improve it's sound quality.

But now i find out that i can't change the format anymore, is there any way to fix this?

:)

Ethias, Oct 30, 2019

2. Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.

Hi Gavenjo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you want your voice to be captured from the headset and not your computer speakers, then you can change the Playback device in Sound Settings.

Before performing the below steps, make sure the headset is plugged into the computer.

Step 1: Right-click on the Sound icon from the
    Taskbar and click on Sounds.

Step 2: Go to Recording tab > Right-click on empty space in
    Recording tab > Click on Show Disabled Devices.

Step 3: Then, click on your headset and click on
    Set Default > Apply > OK.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

If my answer has helped, then please upvote or mark as an answer.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 30, 2019
  3. ericnixmd Win User
    App-Specific Playback and Recording Preferences

I was able to get this to work with my Philips SpeechMike. In order to do so, I had to right click on the speaker icon, choose sounds, then recording, then double clicked the microphone icon. Under listen, I chose the microphone under playback through this device.

A little trial and error but was able to figure it out. If anyone else is trying to get something similar to occur, you may have to follow the above steps.

ericnixmd, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't change anything in advanced tab for playback and recording - Similar Threads - Can't change anything

2. ScreenMix error, i can't record anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ScreenMix error, i can't record anything: I tried to record my screen but this happens everytime i try https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screenmix-error-i-cant-record-anything/588401df-63d9-4c00-b3ec-36a1611d209b
  3. Can't record or capture anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't record or capture anything: I can't configure or use the recording feature of windows 11. I've tried every article I found including uninstalling xbox game bar, xbox app, using powershell, modifying registry, as well as disabling controlled folder access in Widows Security to no avail. Is this is a...
  4. Can't record or capture anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't record or capture anything: I can't configure or use the recording feature of windows 11. I've tried every article I found including uninstalling xbox game bar, xbox app, using powershell, modifying registry, as well as disabling controlled folder access in Widows Security to no avail. Is this is a...
  5. Windows can't recognize my headset in playback and recording tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows can't recognize my headset in playback and recording tab: Hello I've posted a thread recentlly about this, but had no anwers Recently i've bought HyperX Cloud Stinger, and one week ago i've bought Asus TUF Gaming A15Windows 10 64bits laptop. The headset only has jack 3.5mm cable. However has an extension with both speaker and mic...
  6. Gamebar recording / playback

Gamebar recording / playback: Hi. Can anyone help with my kids pc. He uses gamebar to capture clips of his games. And the last week or so hes not been able to play them back. Just gets a pop up saying format not supported. Im not sure if they are even recoding but the timer is moving . Thanks...
  7. I can't change the name of the owner on my Pendrive in the advanced security tab

I can't change the name of the owner on my Pendrive in the advanced security tab: [ATTACH]I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING, seriously... EVERYTHING!!!! 1- Normal format 2- CMD (with admin) format 3- third party programs to format 4- disk management change letter and format 5- write protection 0 etc. Nothing WORKED. The problem happened when i was transferring my...
  8. Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Playback Device For Recording As Headset.: Whenever I use my Game DVR and record something on my Windows 10 computer the audio playback is picking up my voice from my monitor and NOT my headset, how do I get it to playback from my headset microphone? ***Changed Original Title From: Capture Voice Problem***...
  9. Can't open playback or recording devices in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open playback or recording devices in Windows 10: Hello, for quite a few months now I have been unable to open the playback or recording devices on my windows 10 PC. Whenever I right click on my audio and press sound, the settings will pop up for a brief moment and then immediately disappear, no matter what I do to open the...
  10. BSOD Can't advanced boot options,can't format,anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Can't advanced boot options,can't format,anything: Hello, Since 9 hours without any breaks i've been searching forums trying different solutions to fix my !!!!!IRQL_ NOT LESS OR EQUAL!!!! problem at windows 10 running system with i7 6700k msi gaming M7 motherboard.Rams work fine as i can see them on bios and they are...