Windows 10: Can't change app save location

Discus and support Can't change app save location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I recently needed to reinstall my Windows 10. I used to have my applications saved on my D: drive instead of C: Since I have reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MrKrapo, Jan 3, 2021.

1. MrKrapo Win User

Can't change app save location

Hello,

I recently needed to reinstall my Windows 10. I used to have my applications saved on my D: drive instead of C:

Since I have reinstalled Windows I can't change it back to D:

Can't change app save location e2eda22e-7698-418a-93b6-33022ebd5d72?upload=true.png Can't change app save location c35b926a-0125-4552-8786-4cd3b80f774c?upload=true.png

I've heard it doesn't work because I still have my old apps in that, but what can I do to fix my issue?

Thank you

:)

MrKrapo, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

how to save new apps by changing default location?

Hello,

In Windows 10, applications that are downloaded from Windows Store are automatically installed in the Windows Apps Folder. However, if you want your apps to be installed on another drive you can follow the steps bellow:

• Click on Start > Settings > System >
      Storage.
    • Go to the Save Locations section,
    • Click on the drop down menu below New apps will save to and then select the desired partition or drive.

Windows 10 will automatically install apps downloaded from the Windows Store in the new installation folder. For the ones that were already installed in your system, you can move them manually to the new location by:

• Go to Start > Settings > System >
      App & features.
    • Launch a search by typing the name of the desired app into the Type an app name field. Once found, select the app from the list and click on the
      Move button.
    • Select the destination drive and click Move.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

Jelo Sen, Jan 3, 2021
  3. Unable to change install location of apps for the store.

Hi Janson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about changing the downloaded files location, we will help you with this issue.

Steps to change location for downloaded files:

• Press Windows key form the keyboard, type Settings
      and select Settings.
    • Click on System, click on Storage from the left pane, choose appropriate location in
      New apps will save to under Save locations.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any further assistance on Windows Operating System. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 3, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Cannot save an excel file to any location on C:

It sounds like you have Ransomware Protection turned on in Windows Security. You can check to see if it has recently blocked your Excel. See Option One in this tutorial, at Step 5 click 'Recently blocked apps'. If Excel appears there, add it to the list of allowed apps.

Add or Remove Allowed Apps for Controlled Folder Access in Windows 10

Bree, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't change app save location - Similar Threads - Can't change app

2. Changing the location in which new apps are saved to.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the location in which new apps are saved to.: I recently got a new ssd which now has windows 10, i am using the xbox game pass app to try and download games however when i am sent to the windows settings to change where the new apps are saved to, i.e. from my C: ssd to E: hdd it wont allow me to set it as my default save...
  3. I can't change the location new apps are saved to

I can't change the location new apps are saved to: When I try to change the location to my hard drive, it says that there are apps from another device on it and that they have to be deleted. I click yes to delete them, but then it just says that it couldnt change the default location and gives me the error code 0x80070005. I...
  4. Can't change default apps location

Can't change default apps location: Trying to download games from xbox game pass, horrendously designed and it needs me to change my default apps saving point for some reason cause you're still living in 2003, won't let me do that just keep getting these errors [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  5. I can't change my default app save location

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't change my default app save location: i tried to change my default app save location from my C to my D drive, whenever i try this a message pops up saying "This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue?" When i click no nothing happens...
  6. Changing Save Location Of Apps

Changing Save Location Of Apps: I tried to change the save location of apps so that I could install fallout 76 through the Xbox app on my computer, however it gave me the error code "0x80070002" and said that the operation could not complete successfully. P.S I do have a steamlibrary folder in the...
  7. Can't change where apps save to?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change where apps save to?: I'm getting error code 0x80070005. Any help? submitted by /u/hypermads2003 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/is79ev/cant_change_where_apps_save_to/
  8. Changing default save location for apps

Changing default save location for apps: Problem: Changing default drive for new content. Attempting to change from C to D drives primary to secondary drives First message: Delete other apps? This drive has apps from another device, to use this drive delete them. Click yes, Error code 0x80070005 comes up. I have...
  9. Windows forced to change default app save location, can't change back.

Windows forced to change default app save location, can't change back.: Hey, A little while ago when I tried to install Reach through the Microsoft play store it forced me to change my default saved location from my D: drive where all my other games Sea of Thieves, Forza, ect. are located to my S: drive, my windows drive only. I don't know why...
  10. Change Save Location for New Apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Save Location for New Apps in Windows 10: How to: Change Save Location for New Apps in Windows 10 How to Change Location where New Apps will Install and Save to in Windows 10 In Windows 10, users can select where new Windows apps from the Store will install and save data to by default instead of on the default...