Windows 10: Can't change Audio Default Format(Quality)

Discus and support Can't change Audio Default Format(Quality) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey guys, I have no option to change my audio quality for windows; as you can see in the image, the box is greyed out. What can I do to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/X331X, Oct 30, 2019.

1. /u/X331X Win User

Can't change Audio Default Format(Quality)

/u/X331X, Oct 30, 2019
  2. PapaMoose Win User

Setting default audio playback

I've had trouble with Rocksmith 2014 remastered and sent an email to Ubisoft forum and they told me to do the following to fix the problem:
    This issue is almost always solved by changing the default audio playback to be DVD quality.

1. Navigate to Control Panel --> Hardware and Sound --> Sound.
    2. Highlight the default Playback device and select Properties.
    3. On the Advanced tab, set the default format to be 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality).

Only thing is, when I get to the last step, it won't let me change the default format. There is no button and the numbers (16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)) are greyed out. How do I do what they are saying?

PapaMoose, Oct 30, 2019
  3. i cannot change the audio format

I have a bluetooth headset and have paired it with my hp laptop. I realized that the quality of audio have substantially come down. On checking i found that the audio format is kept at the lower format of 16 bit(CD Quality). When I paired it the first
    time it was at 8 bit, then I switched off the Telephony feature. This allowed the device change the audio format to 16 bit(CD Quality) automatically. Now I cannot change the audio format above that giving me a very bad audio quality. But when I connect my
    headset with through the headphone jack I face no issues.

AbhijithPillai, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Can't change Audio Default Format(Quality)

Windows 10 Audio Format changes on its own

I have a windows 10 Enterprise, all-in-one machine that keeps changing its audio format (under sound->speakers->advanced) from 16 bit, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality) to 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality). When this happens, I get no sound through the speakers. When
    I change back to DVD Quality, sound works fine. However, it keeps reverting back to the CD Quality randomly. What is causing this setting to keep reverting back? How can I change the default format to the DVD Quality? What do I need to do to stop this from
    changing every time? Thanks.

JamezStrickland, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Can't change Audio Default Format(Quality)

1. Can't change Audio Default Format(Quality) - Similar Threads - Can't change Audio

2. Airpods input audio format stuck at telephone quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods input audio format stuck at telephone quality: Whenever I use my AirPod's microphone on my pc the audio quality is horrible. The audio format is stuck at telephone quality and I was wondering how I change it....
  3. Airpods input audio format stuck at telephone quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airpods input audio format stuck at telephone quality: Whenever I use my AirPod's microphone on my pc the audio quality is horrible. The audio format is stuck at telephone quality and I was wondering how I change it....
  4. Why can't i change microphone default format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't i change microphone default format: When you go to sound setting and click recording and go to the device and press properties and go to advanced setting you should be able to change the format but it's greyed out. I have tried everything including updating drivers, changing ports, trying on different...
  5. Why can't i change microphone default format

Why can't i change microphone default format: When you go to sound setting and click recording and go to the device and press properties and go to advanced setting you should be able to change the format but it's greyed out. I have tried everything including updating drivers, changing ports, trying on different...
  6. Why can't i change microphone default format

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. In my laptop, I can't change audio format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In my laptop, I can't change audio format.: I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. No other options available it used to has.I have tried ways such as installing and updating drivers. It's Acer.Can anyone suggest me how to solve?Thank you....
  8. In my laptop, I can't change audio format.

In my laptop, I can't change audio format.: I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. No other options available it used to has.I have tried ways such as installing and updating drivers. It's Acer.Can anyone suggest me how to solve?Thank you....
  9. Change Default Audio Format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Audio Format: I currently have a Denon AVR paired up with Windows. Due to the AVR's surround sound upmixing, I need to change the windows "speaker setup" to stereo if I want upmixing on stereo content and 5.1 when in games with surround sound. Every time I switch from stereo to 5.1 and...
  10. change text format by default

in Windows 10 Support
    change text format by default: Hi Guys, I have W10 and I use MS WORKS as my word processor and I want to default font to my choice. Can anyone tell me how to do this please. 121226

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb audio default format windows grayed out

2. cant change mic bitrate

3. how to change bluetooth headset default format