Windows 10: Can't change audio device on laptop

Discus and support Can't change audio device on laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been having an audio issue with my laptop. So I turned on my Oculus Quest 2 after a while, got off, and a couple hours later, got on my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by vhscottview4, Dec 11, 2022.

1. Can't change audio device on laptop

I've been having an audio issue with my laptop. So I turned on my Oculus Quest 2 after a while, got off, and a couple hours later, got on my laptop. Suddenly, I can't hear anything through my headphones, so I checked the volume settings and found out that the audio was playing through my Oculus. Weird! So I just reset it to my normal audio settings, but whenever I changed the audio device, it would just be resetting to the Oculus. I clicked on the volume thing to change the audio to go through my headphones, but whenever I did, it would just close and say it was connected to the Oculus. So I w

:)

vhscottview4, Dec 11, 2022
  2. Julie Ram Win User

no audio devices on laptop

Hi Bradley,

Corrupted audio driver is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to find it the device manager. Before we proceed in resolving this, I may need to know a few information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Did you make any changes on your laptop prior to the issue?
    • Do you have any third-party security software installed?
    • Have you done some troubleshooting steps so far?
    • What is the current build and version of Windows?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you run the device troubleshooter found on this
    link.

You may also check this article to fix sound problems.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Julie Ram, Dec 11, 2022
  3. No Sound/Audio in Dell Laptop

Hello Guys,

I have a relatively new laptop (7 months old) I did a windows update today and after that laptop audio says no audio hardware found. There is X symbol on audio in notification tray. I did the usual uninstall reinstall etc no use. I go to device manager and I don't see the sound tab to expand. Under system devices, there is a error for Intel Audio system Bus. when I right click sound and click playback, I don't see any devices listed either.

What would be my next troubleshooting step, please help

Thanks

lCHECKMATEI, Dec 11, 2022
  4. Can't change audio device on laptop

Audio device unrecognised after waking from sleep

From time to time I wake my laptop from sleep and find that the audio driver (Conexant Venice) is no longer loaded. The audio hardware is listed in the Device Manager as just "base system device" (or two base system devices, to be precise). Rebooting fixes the problem each time, but it takes a while. Is there a quicker way to make the audio work again than rebooting? I've tried obvious steps like running the troubleshooter and disabling and then re-enabling the devices.

ricecrispies, Dec 11, 2022
Thema:

Can't change audio device on laptop

1. Can't change audio device on laptop - Similar Threads - Can't change audio

2. No audio device is installed on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio device is installed on laptop: Good afternoon,When my daughter switched her HP laptop on this morning and tried to play music via an app e.g., YouTube there was no audio output.When checking the taskbar, the speaker has an "X" applied to it with the message "No audio device is installed".I tried the...
  3. In my laptop, I can't change audio format.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In my laptop, I can't change audio format.: I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. No other options available it used to has.I have tried ways such as installing and updating drivers. It's Acer.Can anyone suggest me how to solve?Thank you....
  4. In my laptop, I can't change audio format.

In my laptop, I can't change audio format.: I can't change sound frequency in my laptop. It only shows only 16 bit, 48000Hz DVD Quality. No other options available it used to has.I have tried ways such as installing and updating drivers. It's Acer.Can anyone suggest me how to solve?Thank you....
  5. Can't change audio device on laptop

Can't change audio device on laptop: I've been having an audio issue with my laptop. So I turned on my Oculus Quest 2 after a while, got off, and a couple hours later, got on my laptop. Suddenly, I can't hear anything through my headphones, so I checked the volume settings and found out that the audio was...
  6. Can't change audio device on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change audio device on laptop: I've been having an audio issue with my laptop. So I turned on my Oculus Quest 2 after a while, got off, and a couple hours later, got on my laptop. Suddenly, I can't hear anything through my headphones, so I checked the volume settings and found out that the audio was...
  7. Change audio device type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change audio device type: Hi, My mic stops working whenever I plug in my earphones.I suspect it's because the device is being recognized as a headset with its own separate mic. I've tried searching other threads for how to change the audio device type but to no avail. Could somebody help me with this?...
  8. Change audio device type

Change audio device type: Hi, My mic stops working whenever I plug in my earphones.I suspect it's because the device is being recognized as a headset with its own separate mic. I've tried searching other threads for how to change the audio device type but to no avail. Could somebody help me with this?...
  9. can't find audio device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't find audio device: I have problem playing music from saved music files in my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-find-audio-device/6dda0612-836c-45ff-ac29-597e51a139d8"
  10. Can't Split Audio Devices.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Split Audio Devices.: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and I have some problems with my audio devices. I wan't to split my speakers inside up from my headset. But when I go to playback devices only "Speakers" and "Realtek Digital Output" appears. I've searched a lot and some websites propose some kind...