Windows 10: Can't change audio driver from Audio Endpoint

Discus and support Can't change audio driver from Audio Endpoint in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bought a new motherboard and now i'm trying to install the drivers but windows refuses to let me install the mobo drivers and uses Audio Endpoint -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ViniMoreira, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Can't change audio driver from Audio Endpoint

Bought a new motherboard and now i'm trying to install the drivers but windows refuses to let me install the mobo drivers and uses Audio Endpoint - provided by microsoft, as a driver.

Tried Group Policy Editor to block install
    Tried setting off driver updates on device installation settings.

mobo: asus Prime A320M-K/BR

I can't use the audio settings like the realtek pannel or even use more than 1 input headphone/speakers.

:)

ViniMoreira, Nov 14, 2019

2. Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Services

• Additional memory cards were installed over Memorial Day weekend 2019.
    • Audio Icon on taskbar shows red circle with X
    • Speakers work.
    • Rt Click on Start; Device Manager; sound card; Driver Tab; Update Driver.
    • Audio Icon still shows red circle with X.
    • Left click Audio Icon; go thru the trouble shooting instructions; "Both Windows Audio and Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be running for Audio to work correctly. At least one of these services isn't running."
    • Select DETECTION DETAILS.
    • Audio Endpoint: Render.
    • Installed Audio Devices: This file contains the details stored in the registry for all installed audio devices. Registry log.txt.
    • Then it wants me to do something with Explorer, but I use Edge.
    Thanks for whatever help you can give.

Denice J. Meyers, Nov 14, 2019
  3. No sound - windows audio and audio end point builder not running/installed

I have the same issue, and applied your suggestion to check he running services.

Windows Audio runs well.

But Windows Audio Endpoint Builder is not existing in the list of services.

How Windows Audio EndPoint Builder service can be installed?

Thank you !

FrançoisVillon, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Can't change audio driver from Audio Endpoint

Windows Audio and Windows Audio endpoint Builder stop after Lock or Sleep

Hi Larry,

This issue may occur if the service is started by the Local System account instead of by the Local Service account (NT AUTHORITY\LocalService). The
    Local System account may have insufficient permissions to start the service. For the
    Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services, follow the steps below:

• Set the service and any dependent services to run under the NT AUTHORITY\LocalService account.
    • Click Start, type "Services.msc” in the
      Search programs and files
      box, and then press ENTER.
    • Locate and double click the Windows Audio service.
    • Click the Log On tab.
    • In the This account text box, type “NT AUTHORITY\LocalService”.
    • Set both Password fields blank.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    • Repeat these steps for the Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service.
    • Restart both services.

Let us know how it turns out.

Jesebel Ova, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Can't change audio driver from Audio Endpoint

1. Can't change audio driver from Audio Endpoint - Similar Threads - Can't change audio

2. Can't install audio drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install audio drivers: Hello,I'm trying to install RealTek audio drivers for Grandstream GUV3000 but I'm getting error 0x00000002.This is my log file: https://pastebin.com/raw/ktxJdtXNI tried restarting my device but that didn't work....
  3. Can't install audio drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install audio drivers: Hello,I'm trying to install RealTek audio drivers for Grandstream GUV3000 but I'm getting error 0x00000002.This is my log file: https://pastebin.com/raw/ktxJdtXNI tried restarting my device but that didn't work....
  4. Windows Audio Endpoint Not Starting

Windows Audio Endpoint Not Starting: I am unsure what happened. From my perspective I use Flashback Express regularly to make screen shot video with commentary. This morning I went to flashback to record and thought I would check the audio as I forgot to test going in. I found sound not playing back. I...
  5. Changing audio driver

Changing audio driver: I have multiple audio drivers installed see image. I wish to use a different one to the one currently in use. How do I change which one is used? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-audio-driver/1b9995d8-cb79-47f0-a35d-8685b6dfd2e3
  6. Can't install audio drivers

Can't install audio drivers: I'm trying to install the Realtek audio drivers but every time I try it won't appear. I have tried the ones direct from the Asus site which is the brand of my motherboard and from the Realtek website but neither of them works. Any advice?...
  7. [19041] Audio Endpoint Builder removes custom MIDI drivers!

[19041] Audio Endpoint Builder removes custom MIDI drivers!: In the latest 2004 Slow ring build 19041, maybe also in 19033, the Audio Endpoint Builder service removes all custom MIDI drivers e. g. Coolsoft VirtualMidiSynth from the system and replaces them by the builtin library. Every time upon reboot I need to reinstall these drivers...
  8. Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Services

Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Services: Additional memory cards were installed over Memorial Day weekend 2019. Audio Icon on taskbar shows red circle with X Speakers work. Rt Click on Start; Device Manager; sound card; Driver Tab; Update Driver. Audio Icon still shows red circle with X. Left click Audio Icon; go...
  9. Windows Audio Endpoint Builder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Audio Endpoint Builder: Hello So i have a problem with my laptop the audio does not work, I found that I am missing a service called Windows Audio Endpoint Builder how do i get it back i tried updating various drivers and what not [ATTACH]...
  10. Change audio driver

Change audio driver: I want to change my audio driver from IDT High Definition Audio CODEC to Realtek High Definition Audio Driver or any other because it doesn't perform good. It's audio manager SRS Audio is so wierd to use and it's equalizer sucks. No bass! neither in speakers, neither in...