Windows 10: Can't change birthdate

Discus and support Can't change birthdate in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, when I was inputting my age I accidentally put in the wrong date, 2010 instead of 2001. Now Microsoft thinks I need a parent, and isn't allowing... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Maxim Sharonin, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Can't change birthdate

Hello, when I was inputting my age I accidentally put in the wrong date, 2010 instead of 2001. Now Microsoft thinks I need a parent, and isn't allowing me to edit my birthdate. I've searched everywhere, and the only answers I'm seeing are to go edit it which I can't and to go to this Microsoft support page that supposedly helps me. The page says:"How to change the date of birth varies depending on the current listed age and local laws.Use our interactive tool to help guide you to the right steps."and then there's a button saying 'start' which just goes to a search function for the FAQ.

:)

Maxim Sharonin, Sep 19, 2022
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Changing my child's birthdate.

Hello,

It looks like you're having challenges changing your Child account's birthdate. We would like to know if you've tried to follow or redo the steps provided in this
    article on how to change the birthdate on a Microsoft account.

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Sep 19, 2022
  3. Attrition Win User
    Changing a Microsoft account from an (incorrectly entered) adult birthdate to the correct child's birthdate

The links provided in the above response pertain to an account which is already setup as a child. That is not my situation.

My issue is going from an ADULT account to a CHILD account. Currently, the account is setup (incorrectly) as an adult account. I would like to update the birthdate to reflect that this is a child account.

This is an easy scenario to test:

• Setup a new Microsoft account with a birthdate that makes you an adult.
    • Log off and then log back in
    • Go to your profile and attempt to change the birth date to make you a child.
    • The system will prevent you from making this change.
    Any suggestions?

Attrition, Sep 19, 2022
  4. Can't change birthdate

Computer Birthdate

If the computer administrator's birthdate is listed as a minor, how do I change the birthdate to have an adult able to use the computer properly?

BirdHouse2, Sep 19, 2022
Thema:

Can't change birthdate

1. Can't change birthdate - Similar Threads - Can't change birthdate

2. Change birthdate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change birthdate: I need to change my birthdate. Microsoft thinks I am a child because I unfortunately put my daughters birth day when registering her Minecraft account. Now that I got a new laptop, I'm running into parental control issues. I do not remember the organizer account information...
  3. Change birthdate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change birthdate: I need to change my birthdate. Microsoft thinks I am a child because I unfortunately put my daughters birth day when registering her Minecraft account. Now that I got a new laptop, I'm running into parental control issues. I do not remember the organizer account information...
  4. Change birthdate

5. Change birthdate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change birthdate: Hello~I am emailing from my Microsoft work account, and I need to know how to change my birthday from the 24th to the 25th as I accidentally entered it incorrectly. Thank you,Makayla VanAntwerp...
  6. Can't change birthdate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change birthdate: Hello, when I was inputting my age I accidentally put in the wrong date, 2010 instead of 2001. Now Microsoft thinks I need a parent, and isn't allowing me to edit my birthdate. I've searched everywhere, and the only answers I'm seeing are to go edit it which I can't and to go...
  7. Can't change birthdate

Can't change birthdate: Hello, when I was inputting my age I accidentally put in the wrong date, 2010 instead of 2001. Now Microsoft thinks I need a parent, and isn't allowing me to edit my birthdate. I've searched everywhere, and the only answers I'm seeing are to go edit it which I can't and to go...
  8. Change Birthdate

Change Birthdate: My birthdate has been change to under 13 yrs old. To login I need a parental Guardian.I am 65 yrs, single.Only think to add myself as an adult, to change back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-birthdate/a284b079-289e-4589-b1e3-ebe65921ee67
  9. Change Birthdate

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Birthdate: My birthdate has been change to under 13 yrs old. To login I need a parental Guardian.I am 65 yrs, single.Only think to add myself as an adult, to change back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-birthdate/a284b079-289e-4589-b1e3-ebe65921ee67
  10. Change Birthdate

in Windows 10 Gaming