Windows 10: Can't Change Brightness After Upgrading To Win 10

Discus and support Can't Change Brightness After Upgrading To Win 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have upgraded a Lenovo G575 from Win 7 to Win 10. Everything appears to work fine except that I can't adjust the brightness. Now its stuck on minimum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Chris Nicola, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Can't Change Brightness After Upgrading To Win 10

I have upgraded a Lenovo G575 from Win 7 to Win 10. Everything appears to work fine except that I can't adjust the brightness. Now its stuck on minimum brightness which was the setting before the upgrade. When I use the function keys I can see the Win 10 brightness icon going up and down but it doesn't actually change the brightness of the display. I can't change the brightness in power options or using the AMD driver interface. I suspect it's because The graphics card driver is not compatible with Windows 10. I have tried to update the driver from device manager and Windows says I am using the best driver for this device.

After searching online, some have reported that the brightness controls on the Lenovo G575 will work using the basic Microsoft display adapter. So I have some questions.

1- How can I revert to the Microsoft basic display adapter?
    2- How can I prevent Windows update from reinstalling the manufacturers driver?
    3- Are there any other options to fix this problem and to be able to change the brightness?

Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind regards
    Chris

:)

Chris Nicola, Dec 11, 2020

2. brightness issue of my windows 10 pro

Hello Adityaattri,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Screen brightness unadjustable

Hello,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Can't Change Brightness After Upgrading To Win 10

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Can't Change Brightness After Upgrading To Win 10

1. Can't Change Brightness After Upgrading To Win 10 - Similar Threads - Can't Change Brightness

2. Can't change brightness at all

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't change brightness at all: Hello This issue is with my laptop which is a SONY VAIO VCCPA15FA, now this laptop is old and runs with Windows 7 and just yesterday did a fresh OS install using Windows 10, after installing and finishing setting up everything i can't find any brightness slider anywhere...
  3. HELP!..... with Vaio brightness dimness issue after Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELP!..... with Vaio brightness dimness issue after Win 10 upgrade: Hello! Can anyone help? There seems to be a massive problem of dim screens after upgrading to Win 10 on many machines including Sony Vaios. Mine is a VPCEE3E0E Other threads here recommend going to this registy key and changingFeatureTestControl to hexadecimal value of...
  4. Can't change brightness

Can't change brightness: I recently installed version 2004 for Windows and everything has been fine so far, except for the fact that my brightness has gone way up. Now usually I have the night light on, so I thought I just need to turn it back on again. I did that and the screen is still the same...
  5. Can't change laptop brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change laptop brightness: So my laptop display brightness randomly went down, (I was playing some games) at first I thought my charger pulled out or something like that but that wasn't the case. When I try to change the brightness via the F10 and F11 the windows brightness changing popup comes up but...
  6. can't change the brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't change the brightness: Hello! I have a problem with the brightness of my Notebook's screen Since the last windows update I can't change the screen's brightness. Is there a solution? I can't find any option in the display settings. And in the Night lights settings there isn't any option for...
  7. Can't change brightness on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change brightness on Windows 10: I have had this dell laptop for about a year and an a half, I don't use it a whole lot but lately have had to. I can't seem to be able to change the brightness on it no matter how many updates I make. I have already tried updating both my display drivers, but they can never...
  8. can't change brightness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    can't change brightness: as the title says When i want to change my monitor brightness it won't let me do it. I can change it but the effect doesn't actually display so the brightness just doesn't change. I try through nvidia control panel and it's just not working. I have 2 monitors connected to...
  9. can't change brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    can't change brightness: as the title says When i want to change my monitor brightness it won't let me do it. I can change it but the effect doesn't actually display so the brightness just doesn't change. I try through nvidia control panel and it's just not working. I have 2 monitors connected to...
  10. brightness changing issue after upgrading to win 10

brightness changing issue after upgrading to win 10: Hi guys. Recently i upgrade my laptop to windows 10, and also update my graphic drivers, but now the battery icon in notification area is not visible and i can't change the brightness of my screen too. it seems that the graphic driver installed correctly. Please help me to...