Windows 10: Can't change brightness of my Work External Monitor. I have a Surface Pro.

Discus and support Can't change brightness of my Work External Monitor. I have a Surface Pro. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey everyone I just got a new external monitor from work, it looks like they just gave me any random monitor. It is a Dell P2210, but I have a Surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hmirza1, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Hmirza1 Win User

Can't change brightness of my Work External Monitor. I have a Surface Pro.

Hey everyone I just got a new external monitor from work, it looks like they just gave me any random monitor. It is a Dell P2210, but I have a Surface Pro, and I tried changing the brightness and nothing work, I tried updating drivers, nothing, changing the drivers, and still nothing, uninstalling to see what I need to do next and nothing. So can someone please help me with this issue. I even installed a 3rd party app from the microsoft store and I got nothing. The brightness thing is greyed out. Also this monitor does not have a screen brightness button. I would really appreciate it, if you c

:)

Hmirza1, Aug 30, 2021
  2. neilmaru Win User

Can't adjust brightness on external monitor

Hi kjpsv,

I am having the exact same problem with my external monitors attached to my surface pro 3. How did you get around the issue to control the brightness? I have the same issue as you. The brightness control on my surface only changes the brightness of the surface
    and not the external monitors; also when I try to manually change the brightness on my monitors, the brightness setting is "grayed" out.

Hope to hear from you soon.

-Neil

neilmaru, Aug 30, 2021
  3. AJMazza Win User
    Surface Laptop 3 with external monitor

Hi All,

Has anyone come across an issue with an external monitor blacking out while connected to a Surface Laptop 3? I have the laptop connected to a widescreen laptop with the Surface Dock. Both work fine however, once every hour or so the external monitor blacks out and comes back.

I've completed the following:

• Updated laptop drivers and firmware
      • Updated monitor drivers
      • Swapped out monitor
    [/LIST]

AJMazza, Aug 30, 2021
  4. Can't change brightness of my Work External Monitor. I have a Surface Pro.

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 30, 2021
Thema:

Can't change brightness of my Work External Monitor. I have a Surface Pro.

1. Can't change brightness of my Work External Monitor. I have a Surface Pro. - Similar Threads - Can't change brightness

2. Why brightness of monitor can't be changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why brightness of monitor can't be changed: Hi there ! i am struggling to find a way how to adjust brightness of a screen of a laptop, it was working before, i dont know after which action it stopped working, i updated driver of intel graphics, of nvidia drivers, windows updates and almost had coition with a voodoo...
  3. Why brightness of monitor can't be changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why brightness of monitor can't be changed: Hi there ! i am struggling to find a way how to adjust brightness of a screen of a laptop, it was working before, i dont know after which action it stopped working, i updated driver of intel graphics, of nvidia drivers, windows updates and almost had coition with a voodoo...
  4. surface pro 6 - two external monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    surface pro 6 - two external monitors: I am using a surface pro 6 - connected to a docking station 2 - several years lately having trouble recognizing both monitors - many attempts and then successful - the last two days - only recognizing one external monitor - - notification - "display maybe limited" - happend...
  5. surface pro 6 - two external monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    surface pro 6 - two external monitors: I am using a surface pro 6 - connected to a docking station 2 - several years lately having trouble recognizing both monitors - many attempts and then successful - the last two days - only recognizing one external monitor - - notification - "display maybe limited" - happend...
  6. surface pro 6 - two external monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My surface pro native display won’t turn on, but the external monitor works.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My surface pro native display won’t turn on, but the external monitor works.: When I tried going to the monitor settings, the whole area where you change monitor settings was gone. Also, if I swipe on the native display, the touchscreen seems to work, making it like a drawing tablet....
  8. Change external monitor brightness from Windows??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change external monitor brightness from Windows??: I have this Ultrawide 3440x1440 monitor connected with DisplayPort cable. Is there any other way i can change its brightness without using the buttons on it? Maybe like a trick to make windows to send a brighter/darker image to the screen? submitted by /u/TBacavuz [link]...
  9. Can't change the display brightness on my monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change the display brightness on my monitor: Hello! So I just built my first PC and I'm having a few issues with the Display brightness. I'm not new to Windows, I have been on a break from the OS system for a year so maybe things have changed but to my understanding, there was always a way to manually change the...
  10. Surface Pro ( 2017 ) Keeps changing brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro ( 2017 ) Keeps changing brightness: Hello all, I have an issue with my surface where it keeps changing brightness without me changing any settings I have disabled adaptive brightness, that's why I'm not sure why this is still happening. Any help would be appreciated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant change brightness of second monitor