Windows 10: Can't change brightness on laptop whenever I restart. (After updating to Windows 1809)

Discus and support Can't change brightness on laptop whenever I restart. (After updating to Windows 1809) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I upgraded to the newest windows for app development reasons, and I've noticed a very annoying issue: I can no longer change my brightness. A... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Xertz, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Xertz Win User

Can't change brightness on laptop whenever I restart. (After updating to Windows 1809)

So I upgraded to the newest windows for app development reasons, and I've noticed a very annoying issue: I can no longer change my brightness.

A quick google search tells me to go to Device Manager, and update my graphics driver. I did so, and as expected, i was now able to change my brightness.

However, the issue isn't resolved. Whenever I restart my laptop, the issue seems to reset, I can no longer change brightness until I update or rollback the graphics driver.

Does anyone have a fix? I'd rather not have to rollback to the previous version.

:)

Xertz, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Swapna S Win User

Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

FrostyTigerXP, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Can't change brightness on laptop whenever I restart. (After updating to Windows 1809)

Brightness changing problem

Hi,

Changing the screen brightness on your laptop can be adjusted by going to
    System > Display
    where you can use the slider to adjust the brightness. If your PC supports, you may also let Windows to automatically adjust the screen brightness according to the current lighting condition by enabling
    Change brightness automatically when lighting changes.

If you've already the tried the suggestions above but the screen brightness still doesn't change, then we suggest updating the display drivers. Please see

Update drivers in Windows 10
    for the steps on how to update the drivers.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Can't change brightness on laptop whenever I restart. (After updating to Windows 1809)

1. Can't change brightness on laptop whenever I restart. (After updating to Windows 1809) - Similar Threads - Can't change brightness

2. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update: As of the latest Windows servicing stack update Oct 28, 2022, I am unable to change the brightness of my laptop's screen. When i use the function key shortcuts to attempt to change the brightness, the brightness bar does show the animation of going up/down but the actual...
  3. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update: As of the latest Windows servicing stack update Oct 28, 2022, I am unable to change the brightness of my laptop's screen. When i use the function key shortcuts to attempt to change the brightness, the brightness bar does show the animation of going up/down but the actual...
  4. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to change brightness on laptop after windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Can't Change Brightness On Gateway Laptop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't Change Brightness On Gateway Laptop: I have upgraded from Vista 32 bit to Win 10 32 bit on a Gateway P6822. Everything appears to be working fine except I can't adjust the screen brightness; its stuck on maximum. The hotkeys and also the Win 10 settings do actually make the brightness sliders move up and down...
  7. Can't change laptop brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change laptop brightness: So my laptop display brightness randomly went down, (I was playing some games) at first I thought my charger pulled out or something like that but that wasn't the case. When I try to change the brightness via the F10 and F11 the windows brightness changing popup comes up but...
  8. after 1809 update i can't adjust windows 10 brightness after waking up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after 1809 update i can't adjust windows 10 brightness after waking up: after last update when my laptop wakes up screen is dim and i can't change it till i restart pc and even after i restart my laptop it comes with dim screen also and i should after that edit it when shall microsoft fix this bug...
  9. Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update: hello , Yesterday I installed the 1809 update , and today i noticed that each time i restart my laptop the brightness level is being reset automatically to 0% or 25-50 i'm not really sure , and after windows will boot up , i will need to manually adjust the screen brightness...
  10. Display brightness is reset to 50% whenever I restart my laptop - Windows 10 Version 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display brightness is reset to 50% whenever I restart my laptop - Windows 10 Version 1809: Hi all After updating to Windows 10 Version 1809 on my Lenovo laptop, the display brightness is always reset to 50% whenever I restart the laptop. By the way, the brightness setting which should locate at the bottom of the Control Panel is gone. The screenshots are attached...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant adjust my keyboard brightness after reset

2. i cant adjust brightness after reset window