Windows 10: Can't change brightness on Windows 10

Discus and support Can't change brightness on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have had this dell laptop for about a year and an a half, I don't use it a whole lot but lately have had to. I can't seem to be able to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kimberlycuenca, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Can't change brightness on Windows 10

I have had this dell laptop for about a year and an a half, I don't use it a whole lot but lately have had to. I can't seem to be able to change the brightness on it no matter how many updates I make. I have already tried updating both my display drivers, but they can never be updated because it says there was an error while updating them. I have messed with all the display setting I could find and still nothing. I also can't put my computer to sleep, because it's not available. I have already updated my laptop as much as possible and still nothing. I have attached the photo of the message I receive, please help me out! Can't change brightness on Windows 10 62d8e8e4-538f-4dc3-b6e1-d8bfd6ab39cd?upload=true.jpg

:)

kimberlycuenca, Sep 18, 2019
  2. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Sep 18, 2019
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Sep 18, 2019
  4. Swapna S Win User

Can't change brightness on Windows 10

Changing laptop brightness.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might be related to Display adapter.

Before proceeding further, I would like to ask few questions:

1) How exactly you are trying to change the screen brightness?

2) Do you get any error message, when trying to change the brightness?

Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Step 1: updating the display adapter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand the Display adapter.
    • Right click on the driver and select
      Update driver software
    For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...d4-a109-221bd8a32fca/change-screen-brightness

Please get back to us, if you are facing issue
    in adjusting/changing the screen brightness in Windows 10.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

Can't change brightness on Windows 10

1. Can't change brightness on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't change brightness

2. Can't change display brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change display brightness: Earlier this week I tried installing f.lux and realized it didn't work, so I tried some solutions for f.lux. Then today I tried to change my brightness on my computer and realized that doesn't work either. I looked up some solutions and tried reinstalling both of my display...
  3. Can't change brightness at all

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't change brightness at all: Hello This issue is with my laptop which is a SONY VAIO VCCPA15FA, now this laptop is old and runs with Windows 7 and just yesterday did a fresh OS install using Windows 10, after installing and finishing setting up everything i can't find any brightness slider anywhere...
  4. Can't change brightness setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change brightness setting: I can't change the brightness setting on my laptop. I've tried going to Device Manager and updating the drivers, disabling and enabling, restarting the computer. I have a XPS 15 9500, Windows 10 Home, 64-bit. Under Display Adapters- IntelR UHD Graphics NVIDIA GeForce...
  5. can't change brightness settings

can't change brightness settings: Hi Cannot change my brightness settings. I have already updated the driver from my laptop and tried from the manufacturer's website but both didn't work. I have surface laptop 3. This happens like every month and I'm so tired of it because I have sensitive eyes and it's...
  6. Can't change brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't change brightness: I recently installed version 2004 for Windows and everything has been fine so far, except for the fact that my brightness has gone way up. Now usually I have the night light on, so I thought I just need to turn it back on again. I did that and the screen is still the same...
  7. Can't change laptop brightness

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change laptop brightness: So my laptop display brightness randomly went down, (I was playing some games) at first I thought my charger pulled out or something like that but that wasn't the case. When I try to change the brightness via the F10 and F11 the windows brightness changing popup comes up but...
  8. can't change the brightness

can't change the brightness: Hello! I have a problem with the brightness of my Notebook's screen Since the last windows update I can't change the screen's brightness. Is there a solution? I can't find any option in the display settings. And in the Night lights settings there isn't any option for...
  9. can't change brightness

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    can't change brightness: as the title says When i want to change my monitor brightness it won't let me do it. I can change it but the effect doesn't actually display so the brightness just doesn't change. I try through nvidia control panel and it's just not working. I have 2 monitors connected to...
  10. can't change brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    can't change brightness: as the title says When i want to change my monitor brightness it won't let me do it. I can change it but the effect doesn't actually display so the brightness just doesn't change. I try through nvidia control panel and it's just not working. I have 2 monitors connected to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant change brightness display windows 10

2. cant adjust brightness windows 10

3. how to adjust brightness on xps 7590

4. increase brightness on dell computer