Windows 10: can't change brightness with fn key

Discus and support can't change brightness with fn key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,i have an old dell latitude e6420 and i recently installed windows 10 on it and updated it, and i cannot change the brightness using fn+arrow keys,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by harshk5611, Dec 4, 2021.

1. can't change brightness with fn key

Hi,i have an old dell latitude e6420 and i recently installed windows 10 on it and updated it, and i cannot change the brightness using fn+arrow keys, yeah i can usee the notification panel to adjust brighness its working but the fn+arrow keys is a better way for me, it works in the BIOS and it also starts working when i restart the windows once and other wise the fn key works everywhere, but not with brightness keys the only way to get it working is to restart the pc or enter BIOS.

:)

harshk5611, Dec 4, 2021

2. Brightness and Fn keys

Greetings,

On a previous computer, if I wanted to decrease brightness, I would press the F7 key. If I wanted to search, I would press Fn+F3. On my present computer, I have to use Fn+F7 to decrease brightness, and F3 alone searches. How do I reverse the Fn key requirement
    to not needing it for changing brightness, sound, etc?

zkidmicrosoft, Dec 4, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

Hi, There's a the slider for brightness at the bottom of the Action Centre (build 1903).

If you'd be prepared to consider an alternative... how about smooth control of brightness using your scroll wheel?
    Press a key, plus scroll, and adjust your brightness.

The key and the steps are your choice.

Oh, and it can adjust volume similarly.

Works nicely on my Lenovo Thinkpad, where the Fn key steps for brightness are a bit harsh.

Volumouse (free):
    Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, Dec 4, 2021
  4. can't change brightness with fn key

fn keys for brightness

hello guys

I have problem with the fn key for brightness. it work before I format my pc but now didn't work.(p.s for sound, fn keys works but for brightness did not).

which can be the problem if u can help me, I will be thankful.

MeritonHodolli, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

can't change brightness with fn key

1. can't change brightness with fn key - Similar Threads - can't change brightness

2. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  3. Fn key to brightness not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fn key to brightness not functioning properly: Hello,Briefly: Fn key combination with the brightness adjuster keys in my case, F4 and 5 is malfunctioning. I can see the bar pop up when I use the buttons, but the slider only increases and decreases once, no matter how many times I press the buttons. The brightness remains...
  4. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness FN keys not working: Hello, yesterday i reinstalled windows 10 in my Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 laptop, and it was all working except the fn + rignt and left arrow keys. I checked in an "test your input" site, and appearently, it doesn't even register. I already tried fiddling with bios function key...
  5. Brightness FN keys not working

Brightness FN keys not working: Hello, yesterday i reinstalled windows 10 in my Acer Nitro 5 an515-54 laptop, and it was all working except the fn + rignt and left arrow keys. I checked in an "test your input" site, and appearently, it doesn't even register. I already tried fiddling with bios function key...
  6. Brightness FN keys not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. can't change brightness with fn key

can't change brightness with fn key: Hi,i have an old dell latitude e6420 and i recently installed windows 10 on it and updated it, and i cannot change the brightness using fn+arrow keys, yeah i can usee the notification panel to adjust brighness its working but the fn+arrow keys is a better way for me, it works...
  8. Cannot change brightness using fn+arrow key on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change brightness using fn+arrow key on laptop: Hello, MicrosoftRecently i'm installing my new laptop with Windows 10. But when i'm going to change the brightness setting using fn+arrow key, using control panel, and checking the generic pnp monitor it does not change and when i'm checking the about setting my laptop is...
  9. fn keys for brightness

fn keys for brightness: hello guys I have problem with the fn key for brightness. it work before I format my pc but now didn't work.(p.s for sound, fn keys works but for brightness did not). which can be the problem if u can help me, I will be thankful....
  10. Changing brightness with Fn key costs delay

Changing brightness with Fn key costs delay: When I hold down Fn key and try to change the brightness, it changes step by step, instead of going directly to 0 or 100%. I have the issue since buying my Acer laptop. My previous laptop (Asus) doesn't have this issue. My friends who have Acer also don't have the issue. The...