Windows 10: cant change capture location from temp folder

Discus and support cant change capture location from temp folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; cant change capture location from temp folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EsequielGomez, Dec 29, 2020.

1. cant change capture location from temp folder

cant change capture location from temp folder

:)

EsequielGomez, Dec 29, 2020

2. Can't change capture location from Temp folder

thanks you for replying, and yes I mean screenshot folder. The name of screenshot folder is 'Temp' folder, which in my opinion it is a system folder that cannot be changed (C:\Users\W10\AppData\Local\Temp). And I've
    try your suggestion but I don't see Locations tab. Here only available General, Sharing, Security, Prev version and Customize. Do you know other ways to change the location of screenshots?

cant change capture location from temp folder 33f432a4-46c6-44a9-a9e3-fa91254b66e5?upload=true.jpg

Andre Juga Xaters, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Changed location of captured video

Hi,

If you can no longer see the location option on the capture folder, you may restore your Game DVR Captures folder location settings. After restoring the game DVR Captures folder location settings, then you can change your Game DVR Captures folder location
    again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to restore Game DVR Captures folder location settings

• Open File Explorer.
    • Browse to the Captures folder location.
    • Right-click the Captures folder and select Properties.
    • Click the Location tab.
    • Click the Restore Defaults button.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click Yes to recreate the folder in the old location.
    • Click Yes to move the content of the Captures folder to the old location, and wait a few moments.
    • Click OK.

Note: After you've completed the steps, the Captures folder will return with all its content to its default location: C:\Users\%username%\Videos\Captures.

After performing the steps above, try to change the location of your captured video.

Kindly update us with the results.

If you think this was helpful, do not hesitate to "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 29, 2020
  4. cant change capture location from temp folder

Can't change capture location from Temp folder

After I adjusted my disk management, my capture location changing it's location to C:\Users\..\AppData\Local\Temp. Which is I can't move that folder. Please anyone who can solve this problem, thank you

Andre Juga Xaters, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

cant change capture location from temp folder

1. cant change capture location from temp folder - Similar Threads - cant change capture

2. Change location of xbox capture folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change location of xbox capture folder: Hello , I know about moving capture folder to somewhere else to change the location. But the problem is that my captures are stored in my screenshot folder. There is no different capture folder. so if i take a screenshot and take a xbox clip, both will go to same folder which...
  3. Change location of xbox capture folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change location of xbox capture folder: Hello , I know about moving capture folder to somewhere else to change the location. But the problem is that my captures are stored in my screenshot folder. There is no different capture folder. so if i take a screenshot and take a xbox clip, both will go to same folder which...
  4. Change location of xbox capture folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 Change capture Folder location Hello

Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 Change capture Folder location Hello: [ATTACH] I was trying to save space off my SDD so I decided to move my Captures folder to D: so, I pressed properties and then elected location, then move and chose D: ,when i changed location i can't find captures floder in C: as shown above I opened D and the screen...
  6. Problems after changing TEMP folder's location

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems after changing TEMP folder's location: Hi. I'm asking here because I have a problem with my windows installation. To avoid damaging my SSD by too much writing, I tried to change the location of the TEMP folder for the user and for windows itself. I already did this on another computer and everything went...
  7. Changing the location of Xbox captures

Changing the location of Xbox captures: So I wanted to change the location of my captures folder to somewhere else and accidentally changed it to "C:\Users\<username>\Videos". So I lost the "C:\Users\<username>\Videos\Captures" folder and can't relocate it anymore because of that. My captures go straight into...
  8. location of temp folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    location of temp folder: I keep being notified by just about everything that my "temp" folder has gone walkabout. Where does it belong? Sam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/location-of-temp-folder/9ca1783e-6abd-4fc1-9ab9-48822fdd507c
  9. Can't change capture location from Temp folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change capture location from Temp folder: After I adjusted my disk management, my capture location changing it's location to C:\Users\..\AppData\Local\Temp. Which is I can't move that folder. Please anyone who can solve this problem, thank you...
  10. moving temp folder location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    moving temp folder location: I moved my system and user temp folder locations in the belief it would save so many writes to my SSD, not sure if it was a good idea or not.. now have an error popup which mentions not being able to find the temp folder.....this could be because the partition i moved the...