Windows 10: Can't change color of keyboard icon in Language Bar in Windows 10?

Discus and support Can't change color of keyboard icon in Language Bar in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all! In Windows 7, when you add keyboards to the Language Bar, you can select a color for the icon that represents each keyboard. This is useful... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tbessie, Dec 12, 2018.

1. tbessie Win User

Can't change color of keyboard icon in Language Bar in Windows 10?

Hi all!

In Windows 7, when you add keyboards to the Language Bar, you can select a color for the icon that represents each keyboard. This is useful for switching between languages (eg. US English - blue, US International - red), so you can tell which keyboard you're currently using.

I looked at all the settings for Windows 10, and can't find anywhere you can do this.

Is it hidden somewhere else in Windows 10? Or has that feature been completely removed?

- Tim

:)

tbessie, Dec 12, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Meghana C Win User

language changed windows 10

Hi Keith,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with language settings.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

• What is the make and model of the wireless keyboard?

• Is the keyboard layout changed or the complete Windows interface is changed to Arabic?

• Are you able to login to the computer?

• Have you installed Windows 10 with single language edition?
    To confirm, if it is single language edition you have to reinstall the Operating System or if it is multiple language you have to download the language pack of your choice and make it as default.

If only the wireless keyboard layout has changed then, I suggest you to add a keyboard layout in Windows 10 from the below steps:

• Type settings in the search bar and press enter.

• Go to Time & language.

• Click on Region & language.

• Choose the language you wish to add as keyboard layout.

• Click on Options.

• Click on Add a keyboard.

• Select the keyboard layout you want to add.

• Restart your computer.
    Please note, that to change a keyboard layout using the following method, you need to have more than one keyboard layout added to your language settings. See how to add a keyboard layout in Windows 10 if you need help with that.

Press Windows logo key + spacebar.

Please get back to us with the update on the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Meghana C, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't change color of keyboard icon in Language Bar in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Can't change color

2. Changing the progress bar color in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the progress bar color in Windows 10: While the answer is probably no, it needs to be addressed because the green color is abysmal and doesn't match anything in the UI or Microsoft's visual branding. Will this be a customizable feature in the near future or is there a way to do it manually?...
  3. can't access change language keyboard in windows 10

can't access change language keyboard in windows 10: i want change keyboard language to persian keyboard and have 2 language keyboard in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-change-language-keyboard-in-windows-10/a6d02858-af4d-4549-a79f-9572c022d2c4
  4. Can't change keyboard language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change keyboard language: I can't fit it all in the title, let me explain what I'm looking for exactly: My language pack is fully installed, windows is updated. I'm not trying to Add a language, I'm trying to Add a Keyboard language. The languages I'm looking for are not listed there, but they are...
  5. Color changing icons

Color changing icons: The color of my icons are being highlighted by my mouse and change color,and sometimes the whole wallpaper changes to a color.how do I fix plz.[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-changing-icons/e5cb6d8c-7ba2-470b-86ae-632999b3a1c7
  6. Change old language bar to new language bar

Change old language bar to new language bar: Do you know how to change from the old language bar to the new language bar? I used the old one for a while but I want to change it back. old: EN new: ENG...
  7. Add keyboard language that can change only in language bar.

Add keyboard language that can change only in language bar.: Hi, Currently, I use English and Thai keyboard as the main language and switch between it with a grave accent. I'd like to add a Chinese keyboard, but not interfere with my grave accent button, because I use it much less. Is there any way to set it to appear in the...
  8. Change color of little bar under taskbar icons

Change color of little bar under taskbar icons: Hello, I want to change the color of this: [ATTACH] can someone tell me how to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-color-of-little-bar-under-taskbar-icons/b16f279e-bcf0-4df4-92c6-415ccfae72f1
  9. Is it possible to change the icon of a language in the language bar?

Is it possible to change the icon of a language in the language bar?: I have several languages installed on my computer and their icons all follow the pattern of being white text on a transparent background. However, after installing Korean, I noticed its icon is black text on a white background. Is there any way to change this? It's annoying...
  10. Windows 10 Can't change interface Language/Add a new language keyboard.

Windows 10 Can't change interface Language/Add a new language keyboard.: Hello. I've got this problem where I can't change my interface language or add a new language keyboard too, this all happened when I added the Russian Keyboard and forgot to Untick the " Set as interface language " box. It changed to Russian and can't switch back to English...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 Language bar color