Windows 10: Can't change computer login password

Discus and support Can't change computer login password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I want to change the password when I log into the computer on start up. The one where you have to put the password in just to get the computer to even... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Pinksummer36, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Can't change computer login password

I want to change the password when I log into the computer on start up. The one where you have to put the password in just to get the computer to even get to the home page. I've change my password in the Microsoft account part but it didn't change the main computer log in. What am I doing wrong?

:)

Pinksummer36, Dec 20, 2016
  2. jkinglet Win User

Cannot login with new Password Windows10

I'm able to login with my pin but cannot login with my microsoft account credentials. At first I could not login in to One Drive with my Microsoft Account (still can't) but now, since I changed my password I'm only able to login to my desktop computer
    with my pin. Online I can login to my Microsoft and One Drive accounts no problem. This is very frustrating. The scenario: Can't login to One Drive with my Microsoft Account (per request) so I can't sync folders. Selections are all grayed out because I can't
    login. So, I changed the password hoping a new password might help. No change. But now my desktop will not recognize the new password and I can only login with my pin. This is getting too crazy. Any solutions out there. Please remember, I cannot login
    to my computer with the same credentials that I can login to my account (s) online with.

jkinglet, Dec 20, 2016
  3. morpheuz Win User
    NEED HELP!!!! PASSWORD NOT WORKING!

I tried changing my computer name and rebooted my PC.

Now I can't login because it says my password is incorrect. i never changed my password.

morpheuz, Dec 20, 2016
  4. Wullail Win User

Can't change computer login password

Are you definitely using the Microsoft account to log in and not a local account instead?

If it's a Microsoft account login , where did you change it , on Microsofts account web page?

Wullail, Dec 20, 2016
  5. Definitely says Microsoft account and email. And the new password doesn't unlock the computer. Still have to use the old one. Is there an system admin account like the old windows?

Pinksummer36, Dec 20, 2016
  6. Wullail Win User
    Wullail, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Can't change computer login password

1. Can't change computer login password - Similar Threads - Can't change computer

2. I can't change my computer login password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't change my computer login password.: I'm not sure if this came with the recent update, but when I tried changing my computer password, it directed me to change my Microsoft account password. In sign in options, I clicked on password, and it says underneath "Your account password is all set up to sign in to...
  3. Can't login to Windows - won't accept password, changed password, etc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't login to Windows - won't accept password, changed password, etc: I can't log in to Windows. At all. I was following some instructions, and disabled all Startup items. As instructed. Now, I'm locked out of Windows. It won't recognize the new password. I can't repair. It asks for a password. I can't reset. It asks for a password. I...
  4. Laptop login password change

Laptop login password change: Hello, I have been trying for ninety minutes to change my password. I have changed my windows account password four times in the process. I do not want to change my windows account password, I want to change the key I use to log in to my computer. It is not a local account....
  5. Cannot login or change password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login or change password: Hello. A few weeks ago I bought a new PC - a laptop - it will eventually replace my Desktop machine. Both run windows 10. At the moment I am still using the desktop PC some of the time. Today, when I try to login to my user account on the desktop, the password is refused....
  6. Can't login to computer with password, but I can with PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to computer with password, but I can with PIN.: How do I reset password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-login-to-computer-with-password-but-i-can/47e52442-a8ce-4bba-ab3c-5e3ab336a6d2
  7. Computer login password changed with no permission

Computer login password changed with no permission: Why I have to sign into my computer with windows/Microsoft password. I used to sign into all my electronics with their unique password and starting last week I am required to use Microsoft password at least on this computer. I do not remember that I was notified or consulted...
  8. Password for Computer Login?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password for Computer Login?: I have a dell laptop that uses windows 10. I do not have a password at all on my laptop. Thus if you power it on, well im on the laptop. I recall windows gives you the option to put a password for your computer when you start it up on windows 7. This is windows 10 so im sure...
  9. Can't login to change password in windows?

Can't login to change password in windows?: I changed my microsoft email which also changes my login name/email in windows. Now everything seemed to update to my new email on win10 but when I go to change password in setting>accounts>sign in options it still shows my old email and says this service isn't working try...
  10. Computer login password

Computer login password: Hi guys,has anyone been ask to login to there computer,using there Microsoft account?,..I restarted my comp,after i uninstall a app..It ask for my password''which i never made'' to login,but the password has to be my Microsoft account...I'm just wondering.....Sorry about my...