Windows 10: Can't Change/Create/View Windows 10 Admin

Discus and support Can't Change/Create/View Windows 10 Admin in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just got a new Acer computer and can't install some software as it requires an admin account. I've tried every option I can find on Google to create... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by IForgotScott, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Can't Change/Create/View Windows 10 Admin

I just got a new Acer computer and can't install some software as it requires an admin account. I've tried every option I can find on Google to create an admin account. Nothing works and I'm just about ready to return this thing.

I've tried rebooting with the hidden admin account. Nothing is getting me to a screen where I can create an admin account. Been building Windows computers on and off for 20 years and never had this problem. This is what I get for buying a pre-assembled computer.

Any ideas how to create an admin user?

:)

IForgotScott, Mar 9, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Mar 9, 2021
  4. mrgeek Win User

Can't Change/Create/View Windows 10 Admin

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Can't Change/Create/View Windows 10 Admin

1. Can't Change/Create/View Windows 10 Admin - Similar Threads - Can't Change Create

2. Can't Change Account to Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Change Account to Admin: I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago and it came with Windows 11 already installed. My wife was the first one to log in and I guess she became the Administrator account. I got annoyed of having to use her Gmail password to sign in so I found a way to log in without using a...
  3. Can't Change Account to Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Change Account to Admin: I just bought my computer 2 weeks ago and it came with Windows 11 already installed. My wife was the first one to log in and I guess she became the Administrator account. I got annoyed of having to use her Gmail password to sign in so I found a way to log in without using a...
  4. Can't Change/Create/View Windows 10 Admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't Change/Create/View Windows 10 Admin: I just got a new Acer computer and can't install some software as it requires an admin account. I've tried every option I can find on Google to create an admin account. Nothing works and I'm just about ready to return this thing. I've tried rebooting with the hidden admin...
  5. Mystery Admin? Can't change settings!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mystery Admin? Can't change settings!: Ok so, been having this issue for a few months where I can't change my password or security settings because "Security Policies on this PC are preventing you from changing this setting". This is very strange as I should be the only admin and I'm not sure what to do. I also...
  6. Can't create new folder without admin rights

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create new folder without admin rights: On my h drive i cant create a folder without admin rights when i try to create new folder and click on new it shows this [IMG] How to fix .this is on my h disc when i try to copy a file from my phone it shows this [IMG] This not my c drive this is"h" drive there was no...
  7. Change windows 10 admin email, without creating a new profile.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change windows 10 admin email, without creating a new profile.: Hello, I do not know why windows 10 decided to use a backup email and not the one that I use for my Microsoft account. I would like to change this and I have read instructions which all say to make a new profile etc.. remove the original. Well unfortunately when creating...
  8. Change View in Calendar for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change View in Calendar for Windows 10: How to: Change View in Calendar for Windows 10 How to Change View in Calendar for Windows 10 Windows 10 has Mail and Calendar apps already built in. Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 from Microsoft help you stay up-to-date on your email, manage your schedule, and stay in...
  9. Create Task View Shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Task View Shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Task View Shortcut in Windows 10 How to Create Task View Shortcut in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops. Create custom additional desktops to group apps for productivity,...
  10. Change Magnifier View in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Magnifier View in Windows 10: How to: Change Magnifier View in Windows 10 How to Change Magnifier View in Windows 10 Magnifier is a tool that enlarges partor allof your screen so you can see words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so use it the way that suits you best....