Windows 10: Cant Change Cursor Look To Be A Custom On Windows 10

Discus and support Cant Change Cursor Look To Be A Custom On Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I made some custom cursors and there all 32x32 in the .cur format. but when i try to change it on the mouse properties tab and select the normal cursor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jazztoasty101, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Cant Change Cursor Look To Be A Custom On Windows 10

I made some custom cursors and there all 32x32 in the .cur format. but when i try to change it on the mouse properties tab and select the normal cursor i made it wont work. but the built in like magnified do work.

:)

jazztoasty101, Apr 25, 2021

2. change cursor look

Hi,

I'm Paul, a fellow customer like you & a Windows 10 Independent Advisor. Kindly follow the steps below & you should all be good.

Click "Start" > search "Control Panel" & open it > click the "Mouse icon" > click the "Pointers tab"

• To give all of your pointers a new look, click the Scheme drop-down list, and then click a new mouse pointer scheme.

• To change an individual pointer, under Customize, click the pointer you want to change in the list, click Browse, click the pointer you want to use, and then click Open.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions. I'd be glad to help you out.

Sincerely,

Paul A.

Microsoft Independent Advisor

Paul Abayon III, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Cesare Win User
    Custom Cursors

Please keep all the rainbow color looping as they are. It is now perfect. The black border is the best color to use as the outline. It brings a good contrast, making sure that all the colors appears well.

Cant Change Cursor Look To Be A Custom On Windows 10 [​IMG]

As a reminder, please keep in mind that this cursor set must be suitable for Windows 10 - 19H1 or above, so you must include all the 17 cursor roles in the same set.

As for the animation steps and the number of colors used, make sure that all the 17 cursor roles have all the same colors in the same order and the same animation steps playing the animation at the same speed. Good luck Hopachi and thank you for making this cursor set on my behalf.

Cesare, Apr 25, 2021
  4. Hopachi Win User

Cant Change Cursor Look To Be A Custom On Windows 10

Custom Cursors

A complete tutorial on changing mouse pointers can be found here:
    Mouse Pointers - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Installing a cursor theme
    :
    Complete cursor packs can include an install file (install.inf) right-click -> install should install the new mouse pointer theme entirely. To use the new theme, select it from the list: (Figure 2 -> Figure 3).

Changing or installing a cursor theme
    manually:
    To use the new cursor file(s) first unzip/open the downloaded file. There you find a folder and/or in that folder the needed files. Then you can place those (extracted) files, the static (*.cur), or animated files, in this case, (*.ani) anywhere you want (Windows cursors are placed in "C:\Windows\Cursors" so this might be the ideal place where you'll need to browse to the files).
    Figure 1:

You then need to access mouse settings from Control Panel -> Mouse or by right clicking on the Desktop -> Personalization
    Figure 2:

That will open the cursor settings then go to pointers:
    Figure 3:

You can double-click the ones needed to be changed or select each one and go to browse. Here we browse to our cursor folder needed (where you placed the extracted cursor files).
    Figure 4:

After all is changed you can even save (see below: select "save-as" and enter a theme name) the cursor theme (scheme) as a new scheme and the settings will be kept for later use, in case the cursors get changed by you or the Windows Themes.
    Figure 5:

That's it.

Hopachi, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

Cant Change Cursor Look To Be A Custom On Windows 10

1. Cant Change Cursor Look To Be A Custom On Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cant Change Cursor

2. is it safe to use a custom cursor for windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is it safe to use a custom cursor for windows 10?: im wondering if i could possibly use a custom cursor and be safe? from rw designer! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-safe-to-use-a-custom-cursor-for-windows-10/658c063a-902b-4ea3-b1a4-4e182c0817be
  3. Custom Cursor extension for Android Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Custom Cursor extension for Android Windows 10: Ok so, I know that it isn't really a question, I just saw a locked question about it, so I'll type my reply here. I had the same question; How can I use Custom Cursor extention? I downloaded it, I did everything I could, I just couldn't use it. And the answer is: U see that...
  4. Windows 10 changing the look

Windows 10 changing the look: Hi I got a new dell 2-in-1 laptop Inspiron 7000 In the desktop mood I cant see the desktop or any icons it is all like program tabs. How can I get the desktop view. Can I do this without third party software? I would like the theme to be like 2007 where I can click what...
  5. change cursor look

change cursor look: I recently changed the look of my cursor and now want to change it back. How can I do this please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-cursor-look/786976be-d6c5-4e5c-ac06-9fb80d96d545
  6. Windows 10 Custom Cursor Animation Bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Custom Cursor Animation Bug: Hi, I develop custom animated cursors as a part of my hobby as a graphic designer. They were all working fine 'till version 1809 update came in November 2018. Up until now, the bug is still persistent with the latest Windows version; 1909. Back before 1809, the animation on...
  7. How to make a custom cursor stay in windows 10

How to make a custom cursor stay in windows 10: I have a custom cursor but everytime my PC restarts, it goes away. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-a-custom-cursor-stay-in-windows-10/fb6f7c19-2134-4a4b-b684-a8e76fdc9196
  8. Cursor Customization

Cursor Customization: I downloaded a custom cursor pack and have the folder of these in my download folder. Whenever I restart my laptop, however, the cursor resets to the default options. When I open the cursor dialogue box, it still has my custom cursors and selecting ok puts them back on. Is...
  9. Custom Cursors

Custom Cursors: [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] [img] Information Thread related to self-made / custom cursors (mouse pointers). Following @Cliff S hint on moving my cursor thread from EightForums. New cursors may follow. Newer cursor...
  10. Customize Narrator Cursor Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Narrator Cursor Settings in Windows 10: How to: Customize Narrator Cursor Settings in Windows 10 How to Customize Narrator Cursor Settings in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind...