Windows 10: Can't change default app save location to D: drive - error code 0x80070005

Discus and support Can't change default app save location to D: drive - error code 0x80070005 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Cannot change the default save location to D: drive in settings . Gives error code 0x80070005 and says we couldn't save your default location. Try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AasimShaik, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Can't change default app save location to D: drive - error code 0x80070005

Cannot change the default save location to D: drive in settings . Gives error code 0x80070005 and says we couldn't save your default location. Try again in a bit. Without it nothing from the windows store is downloading to the hdd , as space on C drive is low. The install button doesn't work when D drive is selected.

I recently reinstalled Windows on the laptop and reinstalled the HDD , and ever since then windows is having problems accessing the drive for specific reason.

Even windows update is throwing error code - 0x8007000d , and not updating.

I have tried many things like dism tool , wsreset , windows store trouble shooter , done chkdsk on D: drive , etc , still not fixed yet.

Tried changing the permissions and Owner as well , as set the owner as myself , yet no help.

:)

AasimShaik, Aug 27, 2020

2. Changing default save location for apps

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is Glen. I'm happy to assist you.

Before Changing default drive save location for the app. Make sure no one app are still running.

For this error code 0x80070005. Please check the solutions indicated in the link below.

https://www.diskgenius.com/how-to/fix-error-cod...

And if still doesn't change the save location of your drive you have to uninstall the app. Or else Format the drive D using NTFS.

Hope it will help.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

GlenGapasen, Aug 27, 2020
  3. gnabbo Win User
    Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005

Hi I've bought flight simulator 2020 and I'm trying to download it however it tells me I can't download it because '' this location is not setup for installing games ''.

Can't change default app save location to D: drive - error code 0x80070005 [​IMG]

it is in Dutch btw,

It redirects me to here

Can't change default app save location to D: drive - error code 0x80070005 [​IMG]

When i try to change it from my ssd to hdd it gives me an error code = Error 0x80070005

I found quite a lot of same posts on the internet about it. They you to give your self full permission in the packages folder. I already have that however. The help ends here from the internet and I don't know what to do now.

gnabbo, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Can't change default app save location to D: drive - error code 0x80070005

Set apps to download to D Drive.

Hello, I am trying to change my default download location for apps to the D Drive on my Windows 10 computer. Everything else has been able to set the new drive as an acceptable location, but the when i hit apply for the apps, it just tells me "We couldn't
    set your default save location." along with the error code 0x80070005.

JamiahLeonard, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Can't change default app save location to D: drive - error code 0x80070005

1. Can't change default app save location to D: drive - error code 0x80070005 - Similar Threads - Can't change default

2. Can not change default location fo d drive error 0x80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can not change default location fo d drive error 0x80070005: I have been having this issue for some time. I am wanting to install Ark survival evolved on my d drive, when i select it in the drop down box and click install nothing happens. When i try to change the default location to d drive through systems - storage i get the error...
  3. Cannot change drive where new apps are saved, error code 0x80070005.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change drive where new apps are saved, error code 0x80070005.: I had to wipe my PC last night because of performance issues that I encountered, however now that I have successfully reset it, I cant install games from Xbox Game Pass because I cant change the drive which new apps will download to in settings. When I try to do so, it says...
  4. We couldn't set your default save location, Error code: 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    We couldn't set your default save location, Error code: 0x80070005: Hello all! I have recently gotten a problem which really frustrates me. I am trying to change the default installation directory for Windows Store Apps and XBOX Games To download Forza Horizon 4 and Doom Eternal and it gives me an Error which says the following: "We...
  5. Changing app install location, error code: 0x80070005

Changing app install location, error code: 0x80070005: Hello guys! I want to download the Forza Horizon 4, but i cant change the installation storage.. i tried to change the default installation hard drive and i got the 'delete other applications' and i got that error code.. I tried to get full access to my profiles, but nothing...
  6. Can't set D drive as default save location

Can't set D drive as default save location: I'm trying to set my D drive as my default for installing apps but keep getting an error 0x80073d0e [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-set-d-drive-as-default-save-location/6b331c2f-20ea-4237-8e4e-788bc4157660
  7. We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005

We couldn't set your default save location error code 0x80070005: I tried to install Gears 5 in my 1tb hdd and i don't want to install the game on my ssd, so trying to set up the hdd as default storage had this error...
  8. Changing where apps will save | "We couldn't set your default save location". Error 0x80070005

Changing where apps will save | "We couldn't set your default save location". Error 0x80070005: For the past two days, I've been trying to download games from the Xbox app (from the Game Pass) onto my hard drive, not my SSD. I simply don't have enough space on my SSD and my HDD is there for game storage. Now, putting past my frustrations at how absurdly difficult...
  9. Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005: Hi I've bought flight simulator 2020 and I'm trying to download it however it tells me I can't download it because '' this location is not setup for installing games ''. [img] it is in Dutch btw, It redirects me to here [img] When i try to change it from my ssd to...
  10. Couldn't Set Default App Save Location 0x80070005

Couldn't Set Default App Save Location 0x80070005: Hello, I want to change the default save location for Apps, but I keep getting this error code. I am using an administrator account and I have already declared that account the owner of both my desired drive as well as the appdata package folder. I am permitted to change the...
Tags: