Windows 10: Cant change default file format

Discus and support Cant change default file format in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! Once i stopped program called "File oppener" or something like that, thru task manager. Ever since i cant change default file applications. On... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DageLV, Dec 5, 2018.

1. DageLV Win User

Cant change default file format

Hello! Once i stopped program called "File oppener" or something like that, thru task manager. Ever since i cant change default file applications.
    On this image i went on file, clicked properties, change file something, idk how is it in english, but you understand it, right?

Cant change default file format cd769ef9-9d4b-4ce0-9402-766d02731fd1?upload=true.png

After i click "Labi", which just means OK in english, the "Open with" still says Unknown program, as seen on screenshot.
    Idk how to fix this, but yeah. Maybe manually runing the application may fix this? I dont know the excat name of it.

:)

DageLV, Dec 5, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Changing Time Format

Hi Mary,

There's a possibility that the set up time format in your computer Basic Input/Output System (BIOS) is military time. To have this checked, you can try to reset the time of your computer through Control Panel. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region >
      Change date, time, or number formats. This would open the
      Region
      window.
    • From there, click on Additional settings at the bottom part. It will open the Customize Format.
    • Click Reset; then, OK.

The steps should work; however, if not, we suggest that you contact manufacturer and have the BIOS time checked.

Let us know what happens after doing the suggestions .

John Sarc, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Cant change default file format

Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Cant change default file format

1. Cant change default file format - Similar Threads - Cant change default

2. Cant change the clock format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change the clock format: im trying to make so it only shows from 0 to 12 but i dont see any format with pm or am how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-the-clock-format/cf9347cb-b828-414b-84b9-c8de82f21ea6
  3. Cant change the clock format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change the clock format: im trying to make so it only shows from 0 to 12 but i dont see any format with pm or am how do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-the-clock-format/cf9347cb-b828-414b-84b9-c8de82f21ea6
  4. Cant change the clock format

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change default OneDrive screenshot file format

in Windows 10 Support
    Change default OneDrive screenshot file format: Good morning all, Whenever I use the PrtSc key a screen shot is automatically saved to my OneDrive. I really like that feature. The file format is PNG though. Is there a way to force the screen shots being saved as a JPG instead ? All help and suggestions will be...
  6. Change Default Audio Format

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Default Audio Format: I currently have a Denon AVR paired up with Windows. Due to the AVR's surround sound upmixing, I need to change the windows "speaker setup" to stereo if I want upmixing on stereo content and 5.1 when in games with surround sound. Every time I switch from stereo to 5.1 and...
  7. changing a file format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    changing a file format: I am trying to change an email file into a different file format so I am able to upload it to a company https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-a-file-format/54867f08-bcaa-419b-aada-2c6b5e3a26d7"
  8. Change default save as file format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default save as file format: Hi Normally my laptop default save as file is jpeg. Recently I downloaded tiff file to my laptop. And now my default save as file change to tiff format. Please help how to change back to jpeg format....
  9. change text format by default

in Windows 10 Support
    change text format by default: Hi Guys, I have W10 and I use MS WORKS as my word processor and I want to default font to my choice. Can anyone tell me how to do this please. 121226
  10. changing file format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing file format: how do you change txt file to pdf? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/changing-file-format/fb57ff45-456a-4307-bb4e-1e8d1c1eb605