Windows 10: Can't change default font and size in Microsoft 10 mail app

Discus and support Can't change default font and size in Microsoft 10 mail app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't find a way to change the default font and size in Microsoft 10 mail app. I know how to change the font type and size after I open a new mail.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SusieC0717, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Can't change default font and size in Microsoft 10 mail app

I can't find a way to change the default font and size in Microsoft 10 mail app.

I know how to change the font type and size after I open a new mail.

I'd like to change the default font type and size once for all my future emails.

That too hard for the coders to arrange?

Thanks,

Susie

:)

SusieC0717, Oct 1, 2018

2. How to change font size in Windows 10 and set them to default?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As your concern is about changing the font size, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Are you referring to font size in Windows operating system/ with in the Windows Live Mail?
    • Have you installed any fonts on your device?

If you are referring to font size in Windows operating system, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Steps to restore the default font settings.

• Press Windows key, type font and select
      Change Font Settings
    • Click on Restore default font settings.
    • Sign-out from the current user account and re-sign in and check if it helps.

Step 2: Change the font settings

• Press Windows key, type font and select View fonts installed.
    • Click on Change font size in the left pane.
    • Under Change the text only, click on the drop down arrow choose the appropriate option and change the size you wish to and click on
      Apply.

If you are referring to Windows Live Mail, I would like to inform that it is by design you cannot change the font settings to default on Windows Live Mail. Instead, you can choose appropriate font size and fonts while typing the mail.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Change default font size in Mail app

I've looked and looked and cannot find a way to change default font and size in the mail app. Is there a way or registry hack or what???

jjthenovice, Oct 1, 2018
  4. Can't change default font and size in Microsoft 10 mail app

Changing Default Font & Size In 'Mail For Windows 10' - Not 'Outlook'???

Is it possible to change the default font and size in 'Mail for Windows 10'. I have to change it to my preference for every send. It is currently set in Calibri 11 point...requires two steps to change font and size...irritating! Thanks, CRB

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Casey RobertBaldwin, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

Can't change default font and size in Microsoft 10 mail app

1. Can't change default font and size in Microsoft 10 mail app - Similar Threads - Can't change default

2. Change Windows 10 Mail app default font size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Windows 10 Mail app default font size: Why ( Windows 10 Mail App) is the default mail font Calibri 10 and not 12? Every other MS product uses Calibri 10 and my emails look very small and hard to read The alternative is to change each email to Calibri 12, or larger but that is so time consuming and very...
  3. Default Font Size in Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Font Size in Mail: This post was listed in 2017 "The default font size is way too small - 11! That is outrageous. I can't find any way to change it." Has there been any updates in getting this fixed? I hate that I have to go into each email and remember to change the size and font from...
  4. Change default font size in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change default font size in Windows 10: How do I change the font size in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-default-font-size-in-windows-10/e644cabf-1c1a-40b4-8c7a-dadc6abe5595
  5. How to change the default font in the Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the default font in the Windows 10 Mail app: Good afternoon. Since upgrading my work PC I have been unable to change the default font setting when using the built in Mail app, I am stuck using calibri at font size 11 which does not match any of my pre-prepared notes. It's a minor inconvenience to have to change the...
  6. Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10: How to: Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10 How to Change Default Font for Mail app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with people you care about the most. Designed for both...
  7. Change default font size in Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Change default font size in Mail: May have been asked before..but any solution? Thanks 94510
  8. Win 10 Mail..How to change Default font and size?.....and more

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 Mail..How to change Default font and size?.....and more: I can easily change the size and font but can't find how to set it as the new Default setting. Can it be done? Using Mail for Win 10 for first time, as that is what appeared for my Outlook email account. I found today that when using either CC or BCC a 'Return' occurs...
  9. Change default font size in Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Change default font size in Mail app: I've looked and looked and cannot find a way to change default font and size in the mail app. Is there a way or registry hack or what??? 41961
  10. change default font in Window 10 Mail App

in Browsers and Email
    change default font in Window 10 Mail App: Can anyone explain how to change the default font in Windows 10 Mail app? The drop down menu allows for a font change in a single email. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to change the default. 34216

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant set default font in mail