Windows 10: Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005

Discus and support Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I've bought flight simulator 2020 and I'm trying to download it however it tells me I can't download it because '' this location is not setup for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gnabbo, Aug 20, 2020.

1. gnabbo Win User

Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005

Hi I've bought flight simulator 2020 and I'm trying to download it however it tells me I can't download it because '' this location is not setup for installing games ''.

Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005 [​IMG]

it is in Dutch btw,

It redirects me to here

When i try to change it from my ssd to hdd it gives me an error code = Error 0x80070005

I found quite a lot of same posts on the internet about it. They you to give your self full permission in the packages folder. I already have that however. The help ends here from the internet and I don't know what to do now.

:)

gnabbo, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Sidiaana Win User

0x80070005 when trying to change the default save location from c:\ to e:\

Within the settings

(Settings - System - Storage - Change where new content is saved)

it will not allow me to change the default location from one harddisk (c) to another (e).

I receive error code 0x80070005

Trying to change permissions to 'everyone' on the drives does not fix the problem.

Sidiaana, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    Mel Tar, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005

Error code 0x80070005

Hello Sandra,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • What exactly are you trying to perform prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that Error 0x80070005 is a Windows Update error.

If you are facing this issue while installing the Windows Updates, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Support article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Error 0x80070005 in Windows Update when you try to install updates

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005

1. Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005 - Similar Threads - Can't change default

2. I can't change new apps location. Error 0x80070005.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I can't change new apps location. Error 0x80070005.: I recently subscribed to game pass and tried to install a game.Since i don't have enough space on c: i tried to install it somewhere else,but that didn't work.If i try to change the location for new apps in windows it asks me if i want to "delete other apps" and gives me the...
  3. Can not change default location fo d drive error 0x80070005

Can not change default location fo d drive error 0x80070005: I have been having this issue for some time. I am wanting to install Ark survival evolved on my d drive, when i select it in the drop down box and click install nothing happens. When i try to change the default location to d drive through systems - storage i get the error...
  4. Im trying to change default download location.. but I get error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Im trying to change default download location.. but I get error 0x80070005: Hello! I have been searching for a fix to this problem for ages without any success. I have been trying to change my download location to my D drive but it doesn't work. It displays a error message that says error code: 0x8007005. Does anybody have a fix for this problem?...
  5. Changing app install location, error code: 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing app install location, error code: 0x80070005: Hello guys! I want to download the Forza Horizon 4, but i cant change the installation storage.. i tried to change the default installation hard drive and i got the 'delete other applications' and i got that error code.. I tried to get full access to my profiles, but nothing...
  6. Xbox Gamepass PC can't change location getting error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Support
    Xbox Gamepass PC can't change location getting error 0x80070005: I just recently re-installed Windows 10 on my PC and now I'm having issues with setting up new location from C drive to D, anyone with a solution would be helpful, thank you in advance. 164434
  7. Can't change default app save location to D: drive - error code 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change default app save location to D: drive - error code 0x80070005: Cannot change the default save location to D: drive in settings . Gives error code 0x80070005 and says we couldn't save your default location. Try again in a bit. Without it nothing from the windows store is downloading to the hdd , as space on C drive is low. The install...
  8. Changing default storage locations

Changing default storage locations: Every time I download any new music, its stored automatically in the file explorer, C:. when I go to change that default location, it doesn't give ant other option to save anywhere else but drive C:. This is very frustrating as they are then not found in the media player to...
  9. Changing default installation drives, error 0x80070005

Changing default installation drives, error 0x80070005: Hello! So I am trying to change the default installation drive C: to D:, but it always gives me an error 0x8007005 and I do not know what to do. It does not change only on the "New apps will be installed here..", but the rest works and changes. Same with apps, if I try to...
  10. Microsoft Store 0x80070005 non-default storage location

Microsoft Store 0x80070005 non-default storage location: Hi. I tried to install a game from Microsoft store in a location other than the default C drive since the size of game is huge. However, I always encountered the error of 0x80070005 and the game won't start to download. Once it did start to download, however, when I resumed...
Tags: