Windows 10: Can't change delivery optimization service propreties

Discus and support Can't change delivery optimization service propreties in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I have accepted that Microsoft doesn't care about low bandwith users and this is also partly a way for me to vent. However, I want to ask why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by User654654, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Can't change delivery optimization service propreties

Hello

I have accepted that Microsoft doesn't care about low bandwith users and this is also partly a way for me to vent.

However, I want to ask why I suddenly can't change this services propreties. I used to be able to set it to "deactivated" and It'd be fine until I restart the PC (the very fact, that it just reactivates is kind of **** up). But Since I updated to Version 1809 (Build 17763.194) I get a "access denied", even though I open the Service-Tab as Administrator and can also change other services propreties without any issues.

I am honestly sick and tired of this. I already don't like Microsofts meddling on my system but then it also kills my whole bandwith. This is MY PC and I want control over what it does and when it does it. If I wanted a system that just does what ever the **** it wants I'd buy a Mac.

I also deactivated everything I could in the delivery optimization menu inside the Windows Update menu.

I am aware that it can also be controlled via GPO or a Reg-Key. I will most likely go for these workarounds but I predict it'll just get overwritten.

:)

User654654, Dec 17, 2018

2. Delivery optimization

You may also try to disable Service Host: Delivery Optimization by following the steps below:

1. Type in Win + R to get the Run box.

2. Enter services.msc then click OK.

3. Then search for Service Host: Delivery Optimization.

4. Right-click then click Properties.

5. Under Startup type, select Disable.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jenicel Dri, Dec 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Delivery Optimization hogging bandwidth

Hi Abhishek,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Click the Start menu button (or type “settings” in the search box), choose Settings and click Update & security (toward the bottom of the Settings window).

• From within the Windows Update tab, click Advanced options.

• Under Choose how updates are installed, change Automatic (recommended) to Notify to schedule restart:

• Next, click Choose how updates are delivered

• Under Updates from more than one place, switch the toggle to Off:

• Click the upper-right X to close the window; your changes will be saved.

Let me also inform you that this is an integral feature of Windows 10 as updates are installed automatically. To know more about Delivery Optimization,:

https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10-windows-update-delivery-optimization

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Dec 17, 2018
  4. Can't change delivery optimization service propreties

Phillip Pio, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

Can't change delivery optimization service propreties

1. Can't change delivery optimization service propreties - Similar Threads - Can't change delivery

2. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  3. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  4. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Problems with Service host Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Service host Delivery optimization: Hello all, I hope you are all doing fine, well as the title states, I have started experiencing a new issue with that specific process It's eating bandwidth like crazy and we dont have that fast internet in here to let it just run, I have windows delivery optimization turned...
  6. Problems with Service host Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Service host Delivery optimization: Hello all, I hope you are all doing fine, well as the title states, I have started experiencing a new issue with that specific process It's eating bandwidth like crazy and we dont have that fast internet in here to let it just run, I have windows delivery optimization turned...
  7. Delivery Optimization can't upload

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delivery Optimization can't upload: My brother is trying to drag a game from me using the delivery optimization. I can drag stuff from him but he and his 2 computers can drag from each other but for some reason mine will not upload. Anyone have any ideas. I have enabled sharing, security is turned off, I went...
  8. Delivery Optimization Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delivery Optimization Service: We have four home computers, only two running Windows 10. Is it a good idea to have this service on? Why not turn it off and delete the hundreds of MB of files stored in it?...
  9. Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service: After recent Windows update v1809 (Build 17763.79), I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. This constantly consumes by internet bandwidth in the background which makes the web surfing very slow. Whenever I try to disable this service it says "Access Denied"....
  10. Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization”

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disabling “Service Host: Delivery Optimization”: I live in a very wooded area and have an extreammly small bandwith. According to my task manager the only process passively taking up bandwith is this delivery optimization. I’ve already tried to stop througg the firewall and by disabling it under services. If anyone knows...